FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! This mother, Linda Cruz had no control over her kids at all. I’m surprised at the reasons for her calling police. At what age did she start to discipline her kids? I know a couple who did not believe in discipline until their kids were in their teens. CRAZY!!!

either that or lost control of them as they got older after her husband died.

Which conclusions,she had no control over her kids? Her reasons for calling police?

For the record, I did read all the way to the end. I’m starting with 2008, going forward, who bought him the Xbox, who bought him the guns? They’re being disrespectful to her. So they just woke up on 8/22/2012 and started being that way? On 11/1/2012 they woke up that morning and started fighting with each other. Why didn’t she take control from the beginning? Of course at present time he’s out of control. He’s been allowed to do what he wants from the beginning.

There are several articles online.
Here's an early one. .http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...las-cruz-cutting-snapchat-20180216-story.html

It's not the article I am searching for , however.
It does state His mother, Lynda Cruz, told investigators that her son had been diagnosed with autism and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. He was being treated for depression, had a behavioral disorder and had been taking medication for the ADHD, the report said. Investigators wrote that they did not know whether he was still taking the medication

Now, if anybody can locate another article which goes into some family history.. his father's death? Nik found his father dead, went to his room and started crying.. when his mother asked what made him cry, he simply stated his father was dead..

i got the impression the family had the usual problems associated with a child with autism and ADD, perhaps calling the police was something that was routinely done in their neighbourhood.
I'm sorry cannot find more in depth article right now..

To me, those calls do not sound like out of control. They sound like a parent who has no clue.

There is a report she hit him as a baby. She denied he ever was in the wrong, she locked up food. Those things ae what red flag me
This is strange.
There is a report that he had an inheritance of $800,000.. he became paranoid that the first family that took him in following his mother's death just did it in order to get their hands on his inheritance.

they were not a poor family, so I , like x-files am thinking it's possible she had coping difficulties following her husband's death..
It is possible that the locking up of the food was her attempt to control what is not controllable.. that her own mental health suffered a decline..

This is strange.
There is a report that he had an inheritance of $800,000.. he became paranoid that the first family that took him in following his mother's death just did it in order to get their hands on his inheritance.

they were not a poor family, so I , like x-files am thinking it's possible she had coping difficulties following her husband's death..
It is possible that the locking up of the food was her attempt to control what is not controllable.. that her own mental health suffered a decline..

I think there were multiple issues in the family. I wish Le/FBI/DHS noticed the red flags.

This is strange.

She wanted to give them away,. Was it right after her husband died? Was he a salesman that was gone a lot?

She blamed everyone else. Who did she blame when he punched holes in her walls?

Cruz is obviously a troubled soul who deserves to pay for what he has allegedly done. But, why are his attorneys not fighting for him?

Could rehabilitation be an option? Serious question.

I think there were multiple issues in the family. I wish Le/FBI/DHS noticed the red flags.

What were the red flags? They were all dismissed in the police reports.

School,other jurisdictions, his being a minor all impacted info sharing.

When I was a teacher and someone wanted info on a student, they had to get a court order. I was not allowed to talk,with anyone.

Cruz is obviously a troubled soul who deserves to pay for what he has allegedly done. But, why are his attorneys not fighting for him?

Rehabilitation? What does that mean?

What were the red flags? They were all dismissed in the police reports.

School,other jurisdictions, his being a minor all impacted info sharing.

When I was a teacher and someone wanted info on a student, they had to get a court order. I was not allowed to talk,with anyone.

It looked to me all the info compiled was a cry for help. But if FBI, LE weren't sharing the info with his school etc...they only had one piece of a larger puzzle.
Animal abuse, anger mgt issues, violence, threats of self-harm and to others should have been taken seriously.

He shot 17 people. Not sure I'd like to see him on the street in 10 years.

There are several articles online.
Here's an early one. .http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...las-cruz-cutting-snapchat-20180216-story.html

It's not the article I am searching for , however.
It does state His mother, Lynda Cruz, told investigators that her son had been diagnosed with autism and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. He was being treated for depression, had a behavioral disorder and had been taking medication for the ADHD, the report said. Investigators wrote that they did not know whether he was still taking the medication

Now, if anybody can locate another article which goes into some family history.. his father's death? Nik found his father dead, went to his room and started crying.. when his mother asked what made him cry, he simply stated his father was dead..

i got the impression the family had the usual problems associated with a child with autism and ADD, perhaps calling the police was something that was routinely done in their neighbourhood.
I'm sorry cannot find more in depth article right now..

This might be the article you are looking for. it has a lot of detail on his family life.

”Nikolas came down the hallway and he went to his room, and he was crying. She said, ‘What’s the matter, did Daddy punish you?’ Just as clear as day, he said, ‘Nope. Daddy’s dead.’ ”
Roger Cruz was dead of a heart attack at age 67.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...hooting-nikolas-cruz-life-20180220-story.html

They are. They want judge recused.
They are fighting to avoid the death penalty for him.

I'm not sure his fragile mind will be able to return from what he has done.. The enormity of his action.
Could he have been rehabilitated prior to the shooting?
I'm not sure how ill he was.. or the exact nature or accuracy or extent of his alleged autism or adhd..
We actually know very little of him, at all..
we only have a list of incidents.. It's pretty one dimensional.
I did feel a huge compassion for him when I saw him in court and I was glad his defence was showing him kindness..

Maybe , in prison he will receive help.. maybe working at gardening or something grounding will heal him a little.. or maybe he will be so distressed from his memories that he will be heavily medicated for the rest of his life..or commit suicide..
With healing will come realisation.. he may not be able to integrate it.

This might be the article you are looking for. it has a lot of detail on his family life.

”Nikolas came down the hallway and he went to his room, and he was crying. She said, ‘What’s the matter, did Daddy punish you?’ Just as clear as day, he said, ‘Nope. Daddy’s dead.’ ”
Roger Cruz was dead of a heart attack at age 67.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...hooting-nikolas-cruz-life-20180220-story.html
That's the one. thank you for taking the trouble to find it.

I am sure his attorneys are doing all they can. But we wont be privy to 99% of that until trial gets close. There is no question he is the shooter, so all they can do is try to mitigate. They will be arranging lots of mental evaluations redoubtably. And we also don't know how cooperative he is at this point.
As for rehabilitation, he may indeed be rehabilitated, but he will never be a free man again.

It looked to me all the info compiled was a cry for help. But if FBI, LE weren't sharing the info with his school etc...they only had one piece of a larger puzzle.
Animal abuse, anger mgt issues, violence, threats of self-harm and to others should have been taken seriously.

It seems who would have had the whole picture, aside from mom, was the mental health place..

There are so many many many disturbed kids. People would be surprised. His behavior to me does not stand out, I have heard of much much much worse.

This is strange.

I think it's clear she had money issues. She had to sell the house in a short sale. There is a report that house was mortgaged multiple times. Regarding the supposed 800,000, I haven't seen anyone confirm that NC actually had that much money coming.

It seems who would have had the whole picture, aside from mom, was the mental health place..

There are so many many many disturbed kids. People would be surprised. His behavior to me does not stand out, I have heard of much much much worse.

When those disturbed kids start buying assault weapons, then it's clearly time to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member