GUILTY FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 *shooter Guilty, School officer NG* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not shocked ...tensions were high and this juror must have given out this vibe early on. This can happen. I never thought 12 would agree...surprised it is only one.This will go nowhere and wonder how media got a hold of this. I was stunned that judge named each of the jurors so anyone can go back and figure out who this is.. Would not want to be her and I think she has a valid complaint against court and media for this info getting out and her last name being said in open court.
Totally!!

The vote ended up to be 9-3...one hard no and two that joined her. The foreperson gave a short interview.

Here's an article/video

Personally, I feel that the killer was a victim as well. Him, being on death row for the next 25 years won't bring any of these victims back to life.

Maybe, what should be looked at, is how to prevent this from happening again. Mental health resources in schools, more direct contact with Mental health professionals actually in schools, might have done more good that the school resource officer who hid behind a column during the rampage, and retired with a full pension.

I would have voted for the death penalty for the sake of the victims' families and because ' Justice needs to be "seen to have been done" by the public, which isn't the case here in my opinion. The verdict just re-traumatized the families all over again.

I would have voted for the death penalty for the sake of the victims' families and because ' Justice needs to be "seen to have been done" by the public, which isn't the case here in my opinion. The verdict just re-traumatized the families all over again.
It did. The entire trial seemed pointless actually as he pled guilty.

Well, that one juror had to really have the courage of their convictions, to hold out against 11 other jurors, it would have been so easy to have gone with the majority especially when one looks at the crimes he committed, but I saw plenty of mitigating factors that meant I wouldn't have voted for DP

I though would never be on a jury where the DP was an issue as I oppose the DP as a punishment for anybody, and am fortunate to live in a country where it has been abolished a long time ago,

I might be wrong, but for me the point of this trial was to take note of necessity of more mental health help for troubled children and teens.
Plus highlighting the extreme danger of drinking alcohol during pregnancy which causes irreparable damage to unborn children.

Even if only 1 woman takes notice - it was worthwhile, because it might prevent future tragedy.

I pray for the parents of victims to have the strenght to carry on living :(

Well, that one juror had to really have the courage of their convictions, to hold out against 11 other jurors, it would have been so easy to have gone with the majority especially when one looks at the crimes he committed, but I saw plenty of mitigating factors that meant I wouldn't have voted for DP

I though would never be on a jury where the DP was an issue as I oppose the DP as a punishment for anybody, and am fortunate to live in a country where it has been abolished a long time ago,
Sadly this person went in with her mind set, she/he should NOT have been on that jury. And if this is then the first 'story' or book written, i'll know exactly why he/she wanted to be on the jury so bad.

Are the potential jurors asked if they are for or against the DP before they are selected?

Seems silly to allow someone that is against the DP to be joror on a DP trial.

Jmo

Can the prosecutor’s office ask for a new trial?

Prosecutors seek interview of juror after alleged threat by another juror in Nikolas Cruz sentencing trial

'Juror X' claims 'during deliberations she received what she perceived to be a threat from a fellow juror,' motion says

Prosecutors seek interview of juror after alleged threat by another juror in Nikolas Cruz sentencing trial

'Juror X' claims 'during deliberations she received what she perceived to be a threat from a fellow juror,' motion says

ON THE day this happened why did she not go to someone right then? I guess that happened on Wed.??

Are the potential jurors asked if they are for or against the DP before they are selected?

Seems silly to allow someone that is against the DP to be joror on a DP trial.

Jmo
during voir-dire process they are asked about DP and if they can impose it. My opinion is saying in theory "yes" is much different than actually doing that after seeing a defendant and hearing the mitigating factors. I think the accusations that she had her mind made up is unfair and probably unfounded unless someone can site exact statements made by this juror. And further this was 9-3 as two others after she stated LWOP joined her..clearly they may have been too intimidated at first but then joined. All of this for me points to DP needing to be abolished. It serves no purpose other than disasters like this.

I think the trial allowed the victims their day in court. They deserved it.

At the time this happened - people that were on campus but weren't even in the building made themselves the biggest victim of this. The real victims never got their say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back