GUILTY FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 *shooter Guilty, School officer NG* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
during voir-dire process they are asked about DP and if they can impose it. My opinion is saying in theory "yes" is much different than actually doing that after seeing a defendant and hearing the mitigating factors. I think the accusations that she had her mind made up is unfair and probably unfounded unless someone can site exact statements made by this juror. And further this was 9-3 as two others after she stated LWOP joined her..clearly they may have been too intimidated at first but then joined. All of this for me points to DP needing to be abolished. It serves no purpose other than disasters like this.

I on the other hand support the Death Penalty 100 percent. Especially so in this case.

Jmo

during voir-dire process they are asked about DP and if they can impose it. My opinion is saying in theory "yes" is much different than actually doing that after seeing a defendant and hearing the mitigating factors. I think the accusations that she had her mind made up is unfair and probably unfounded unless someone can site exact statements made by this juror. And further this was 9-3 as two others after she stated LWOP joined her..clearly they may have been too intimidated at first but then joined. All of this for me points to DP needing to be abolished. It serves no purpose other than disasters like this.
The death penalty can be a very valuable tool for prosecutors. And I believe it is certainly an appropriate punishment for certain crimes.

I on the other hand support the Death Penalty 100 percent. Especially so in this case.

Jmo
I respect that but more often than not it is almost impossible to get unanimous votes on it. My other problem with DP is the extensive appeal process and non stop stays of execution. So many just die of old age anyway. It seems to give the killer more attention and puts families thru endless hearings and court proceedings. This way he just goes away forever.

I don’t understand why this juror didn’t report the alleged threat when it happened?? Wth!? I really can’t stand it when jurors speak out after the verdict. It brings all kinds of problems. And almost always it’s just the juror looking for attention. I get the temptation but on a case like this please keep quiet! This matter was closed yesterday and now this juror has opened it back up and for what?? If she really felt threatened she would’ve come forward at the time. I’m guessing this is a nothingburger! Ugh!

Also why do prosecutors need permission to speak to her? Shes free to speak to whoever she wants once released from duty.

JMO

I don’t understand why this juror didn’t report the alleged threat when it happened?? Wth!? I really can’t stand it when jurors speak out after the verdict. It brings all kinds of problems. And almost always it’s just the juror looking for attention. This matter was closed yesterday and now this juror has opened it back up and for what?? If she really felt threatened she would’ve come forward at the time. I’m guessing this is a nothingburger! Ugh!

Also why do prosecutors need permission to speak to her? Shes free to speak to whoever she wants once released from duty.

JMO
agree will turn out to be a nothing burger especially two other jurors also voted for LWOP....if she was threatened during deliberations...you press the buzzer...get the deputy and ask to talk to the judge. Not wait until the next day. I think there were some vibes in this deliberation room right from the start...some very strong views and it got out of control. I do believe her...threat may be too strong but some were trying to change her mind. I wonder if that had to do with the gun being viewed...the impact potentially could change her opinion. Never heard whether the gun was brought in or not. Wonder what judge will do on this one.

I respect that but more often than not it is almost impossible to get unanimous votes on it. My other problem with DP is the extensive appeal process and non stop stays of execution. So many just die of old age anyway. It seems to give the killer more attention and puts families thru endless hearings and court proceedings. This way he just goes away forever.
Yes, the opportunity for multiple appeals in DP cases seems to go on interminably and gives the perp a sense of entitlement. Appeals also keep the killer's name in the news for years which must be agonizing for victims' families. Cruz has had enough time in the spotlight. Time to lock him up! JMO

agree will turn out to be a nothing burger especially two other jurors also voted for LWOP....if she was threatened during deliberations...you press the buzzer...get the deputy and ask to talk to the judge. Not wait until the next day. I think there were some vibes in this deliberation room right from the start...some very strong views and it got out of control. I do believe her...threat may be too strong but some were trying to change her mind. I wonder if that had to do with the gun being viewed...the impact potentially could change her opinion. Never heard whether the gun was brought in or not. Wonder what judge will do on this one.
Is this the juror who was anti DP right off the bat? The one time I served as a juror there was one juror who was a hold out for 3 days and I can tell you the rest of us were extremely frustrated with her esp bc she had no basis for her opinion. It seemed like she just wanted to control the room/be contrarian/righteous etc. If this juror was a stealth juror who was never going to vote for DP and the other jurors sensed that then im sure things were tense in there. But im wondering if this is like the Jodi Arias holdout juror for DP! We’ll have to wait and see but I know the judge is pissed! She was so over this trial!

Prosecutors seek interview of juror after alleged threat by another juror in Nikolas Cruz sentencing trial

33ptbq.png

88fclx.png

6j5qs6.png

Is this the juror who was anti DP right off the bat? The one time I served as a juror there was one juror who was a hold out for 3 days and I can tell you the rest of us were extremely frustrated with her esp bc she had no basis for her opinion. It seemed like she just wanted to control the room/be contrarian/righteous etc. If this juror was a stealth juror who was never going to vote for DP and the other jurors sensed that then im sure things were tense in there. But im wondering if this is like the Jodi Arias holdout juror for DP! We’ll have to wait and see but I know the judge is pissed! She was so over this trial!
I think reasonable people can say I am "able" to impose DP but hearing so much evidence of his background and mental illness (whatever diagnosis you want to use) I can understand thinking mitigating factors outweigh the aggravating in this case. I think it just fair to say many went in thinking DP....and nothing changed that. Can't get inside that jury room to really know. The foreperson was clear on his position...maybe he had that going in. No one is asked in advance about how much mitigation is enough to change. Anyway I agreed Judge is just plain "pissed" and I will stay tuned her for updates. The results will not change. What makes me angry is defense actually won this one and I could not stand their attitude in the courtroom.

I had a feeling he wouldn’t get DP so I wasn’t that surprised. I think giving DP to a young person is understandably hard. No matter what we think of these school shooters I think it’s clear they are highly disturbed young individuals. Teens. It would be extremely difficult to find twelve grown adults to all agree to sentence a teenager to death! Especially those that have children. I know he’s no longer a teen but he looks it still. He will never be free and I feel that is enough!

Come on judge! What’s the hold up!? Im just here to see the judge’s face! I know she cursed up a storm when she saw this filing! I would be really surprised if this juror has a valid claim of being threatened. I wonder if the juror understood she would be dragged back into open court in front of everyone! You don’t want that smoke lady!

Judge ignored jurors who insisted on speaking to her!? Wow. Then when they asked to submit a complaint she ignored it again. I’m speechless at this judge’s decision making.

That was a complete waste of time. I don’t know why the prosecutor’s office couldn’t have forwarded the message to the sheriff’s office and had them investigate. If you’re not challenging the verdict why are you asking for this hearing?!? But at least we know it wasn’t the staunch hold out making this claim. Whatever I’m losing interest now.

What is going on that has folks mad at the judge? Last I saw was just the motion from the prosecution to interview the juror.

Wow hearing this afternoon...now three people with issues and judge says she cannot talk to any of them. State says not trying to under-mind verdict...what the heck happened in that jury room?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe
Back