FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those that listened to 911 calls. When describing what was seen and what was heard did all of the witnesses refer to TM and GZ as men, man, guy? Did any tell the 911 operator it was a little boy, a kid, or a teen? Tia

Why does that matter? GZ knew Trayvon was a teenager.

When I walk my puppies I look at the houses and yards too... And I think not only me... That is just normal....

Micci

I don't walk my dogs at night though, nor usually in the rain. We recently had a report locally of a pack of coyote's attacking a chocolate lab, so I'm quite leery of walking my dogs at night time. I saw a fox pacing us in the woods one day, during the daytime, when we were walking. I have two, 100 lb. dogs, other than a pack of coyote's, I'm not really afraid of the animals attacking me, other then black bears. I'm more concerned about rabies from wild animals. N.C. has rather high rabies cases.

I'm still stuck on logistics here. Scratching my head over the fact that Tray was shot in the chest, but was found face down (described in multiple news articles including this one; original source may be Orlando Sentinel). Some articles also reported witnesses stating that GZ was standing over Tray, straddling him, when they arrived on the scene (MC being one of these witnesses, as reported here).

I'm just trying--unsuccessfully so far--to work out in my head how this would tie in to a hand-to-hand scuffle, possibly over the gun.

Meantime, two recent articles I haven't seen posted yet:

Shooter of Trayvon Martin a habitual caller to 911

Trayvon Martin Killing's Youngest Witness, 13, Still Can Hear the Screams

Read this article. It described the scuffle according to GZ's account. TM has GZ on his back and he punches him in the nose. At that point GZ pulls his gone from his waistband and shoots TM. IMO TM had to be moving away and off of GZ for GZ to be able to pull his gun point and shoot. If this is how it happened I can see TM being shot just as he was about to stand up. He is hit in the stomach, spins away from Gz and falls face first to the grass. GZ gets up takes a couple steps and looks down at what just happened.
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/trayvon-martin-911-tapes-who-screamed-help-shot-rang-out

I wonder if he was lost. The condos all look alike in that neighborhood. Or maybe he was piddling along in no hurry to get back, but that would contradict what the lawyer said about the run to get smacks during the game.

That's why I'd like to know the time he left his home, the time he was at the convenience store, etc. Because the stories about 'watching the game' and 'halftime', don't fit the timeframe.

I believe they said men or males. I don't remember anyone saying "boys".

The only person to describe Trayvon as a teenager was George Zimmerman. :waitasec:

I asked this because usually the 911 calls and initial statements are the most untainted. And in media interviews two of the witnesses describe TM as a little boy. I was wondering if they described him as a boy that night in their calls. Thanks

That's why I'd like to know the time he left his home, the time he was at the convenience store, etc. Because the stories about 'watching the game' and 'halftime', don't fit the timeframe.

What difference does that make? They found skittles and iced tea on him. He wasn't out robbing houses. He went to the store to get skittles and iced tea and was coming back home.

Or if there were any other injuries, abrasions, and so on...
And I wonder if the police or someone took pictures of the claimed injuries of GZ..

Micci

There should be hospital reports if he was transported for treatment.

I asked this because usually the 911 calls and initial statements are the most untainted. And in media interviews two of the witnesses describe TM as a little boy. I was wondering if they described him as a boy that night in their calls. Thanks

One of them did say the victim was a "young boy." That was the lady who said she used to be a teacher (not MC).

What difference does that make? They found skittles and iced tea on him. He wasn't out robbing houses. He went to the store to get skittles and iced tea and was coming back home.

As I said, because the time frames don't match the original story.

I don't walk my dogs at night though, nor usually in the rain. We recently had a report locally of a pack of coyote's attacking a chocolate lab, so I'm quite leery of walking my dogs at night time. I saw a fox pacing us in the woods one day, during the daytime, when we were walking. I have two, 100 lb. dogs, other than a pack of coyote's, I'm not really afraid of the animals attacking me, other then black bears. I'm more concerned about rabies from wild animals. N.C. has rather high rabies cases.

Even though it is completely off topic I will answer... Every one like me living in an apartment HAS to get the puppies out for a walk, if shine or rain... Unless you wanna live in stink...

I just wanted to say with my other post that most everyone looks at houses while passing by...

Micci

Is this complex within the city limits or in the county? Again, just curious as to who had jurisdiction over the crime scene, city or county.

One of them did say the victim was a "young boy." That was the lady who said she used to be a teacher (not MC).

Did she call him a young boy in the 911 call? Tia

How does it not match the original story?

The original story was that 'they were watching the basketball game on TV and TM left to get snacks at a store close by the home.' TM was shot moments *before* the basketball game started, so how could *they* have been watching the game and he left at halftime or there abouts? And if he was just taking a quick trip to the convenience store, he had to have left his home before 7:00, why didn't anyone at the home investigate what happened to him? If he was making a quick trip to the convenience store for snacks and never came back, wouldn't someone have worried where he was at 10:00 pm.? The attorney said it was a ten minute trip to the CS.

How does it not match the original story?

Originally media and the lawyer reported TM left to get snacks for his brother , it was a 10 minute walk. 1. The distance from the 7/11 to the house was not a quick 10 minute walk.
2, media and lawyer also say he left during half time of the NBA all stargame. TM was shot at about 7:17. The all star game didn't start until 7:30. When the media reports incorrect information or the family attorney releases info that doesn't line up it cast doubt on everything that is released.

Ditto. you owe me a coke!

Originally media and the lawyer reported TM left to get snacks for his brother , it was a 10 minute walk. 1. The distance from the 7/11 to the house was not a quick 10 minute walk.
2, media and lawyer also say he left during half time of the NBA all stargame. TM was shot at about 7:17. The all star game didn't start until 7:30. When the media reports incorrect information or the family attorney releases info that doesn't line up it cast doubt on everything that is released.

Ditto. you owe me a coke!

If TM could traverse that distance in ten minutes, he'd have to have run most of the way IMO. That was a long distance IMO.

She does, right after 4:05 minutes in the final recording at this link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/trayvon-martin-911-audio-_n_1354909.html

Starting at 3:30

Caller: I didn't see 'cause it was too dark, and I just heard people screaming Help me help me and this person shot him. He was like wrestling with him, on the ground from what I could see, it's very dark. I think it's a police officer that's there... the man didn't try to run away or anything.

911 Operator: And can I get your name please?

C: (Gives name) but I don't wanna be a witness or anything...

911: That's ok, I'll leave you as anonymous.

C: I'm just scared. I mean I can't, I can't even believe, and I--it's--this is, the person, oh my god, I don't--it's a young boy or something I just I can't imagine, I've never seen anyone killed...

She does, right after 4:05 minutes in the final recording at this link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/trayvon-martin-911-audio-_n_1354909.html

Starting at 3:30

Caller: I didn't see 'cause it was too dark, and I just heard people screaming Help me help me and this person shot him. He was like wrestling with him, on the ground from what I could see, it's very dark. I think it's a police officer that's there... the man didn't try to run away or anything.

911 Operator: And can I get your name please?

C: (Gives name) but I don't wanna be a witness or anything...

911: That's ok, I'll leave you as anonymous.

C: I'm just scared. I mean I can't, I can't even believe, and I--it's--this is, the person, oh my god, I don't--it's a young boy or something I just I can't imagine, I've never seen anyone killed...

Is she saying if it is a young boy? She is not sure but worried it was a young boy? Is that what anyone else is getting. From your wonderful transcripts I can see that she was shook up. Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces