FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wanted to point out that Zimmerman claims to have had his gun in his waistband? Right? How did that gun possibly stay in his waistband with all that rolling on the ground? I would think it would have fallen out of his waistband?

I do not believe Zimmerman pulled that gun out of his waistband when Tray was on top of him. I believe Zimmerman had that gun in his hand when he caught up with Tray. There's a reason Tray didn't run again! I am sure if Tray knew the outcome of wrestling that gun out of his hands would end his life, he would have chosen to run, but then he would have just shot him in the back, imo.

Zimmerman was not letting Tray get away!

According to this, GZ's father is a magistrate for the VIrginia Supreme Court! Could this be why he hasn't been arrested?

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/rallies-continue-support-17-year-old-trayvon-marti/nLXJ7/

From the link.

Experts said comments from the recently released 911 calls make them question whether Zimmerman was drunk or on drugs during the shooting.
I wonder if he does have a history of substance abuse.

In Sept. 2003, Zimmerman called 911 to report that another driver had spat at him from car to car.

Zimmerman followed the other driver, Daniel Osmun, into Lake Mary.

Osmun accused Zimmerman of tailgating and aggressive driving, and Zimmerman followed him and reported his tag number.

In Oct. 2003, Zimmerman called 911 and reported witnessing a theft at an Albertson's on Lake Emma Road in Lake Mary. Zimmerman followed the alleged culprits, "apparently giving chase."

Sounds like a police wanna-be.

Zimmerman said his father was a magistrate for Virginia Supreme Court and mother was a deputy court clerk. He stated that he had the utmost respect for law enforcement and aspired to be an officer someday.

Zimmerman made about 10 percent of the 401 calls to Sanford police from retreat at Twin Lakes subdivision from Jan. 2011 to Feb. 2012. That is 46 of the 402.
That's a lot for one person!

Very disappointing!!

ETA: Wonder if Zimmerman's daddy made some phone calls?

Disappointing is not the adjective that I would have used. I am totally revolted by the entire situation.

Yes I am sure that GZ's Daddy made some phone calls, that is most likely the reason that his prior arrests were eventually dropped as well.

I just hope that their higher power will give Trayvons family the strength that they will need for this fight, and I hope they sue everyone in the Police Department, the HOA that allowed GZ to be their neighborhood watch captain, GZ, and anybody else that they can right down to their socks, scratch that, I hope they get their socks too!

I know that they would prefer simple justice for their child, but it begins to look as if they are going to have to do some financial damage before any of the responsible parties in the whole farce will even notice.

How can it be self defense, when GZ hunted down a kid for walking in his neighborhood and being black in a hoodie? Why does LE not even treat it as if it was a shooting, they act as if GZ had run over a dog or something, no questions and never even under arrest.

For everyone who just sits back and says, well it's the law, I hope you don't have kids, and that nobody decides that your kid looks suspicious because they dress funny or have piercings or tattoos, or is the wrong color, or is too loud....If we just let this go, don't be surprised if the next time it's someone you know, or even your own kid, This is just sooo messed up.

If this is the law now, then anyone can hunt down a neighbor they don't like who "looks suspicious", get in a scuffle, then shoot them.

There is no way this can stand without serious criminal charges.

Disappointing is not the adjective that I would have used. I am totally revolted by the entire situation.

Yes I am sure that GZ's Daddy made some phone calls, that is most likely the reason that his prior arrests were eventually dropped as well.

I just hope that their higher power will give Trayvons family the strength that they will need for this fight, and I hope they sue everyone in the Police Department, the HOA that allowed GZ to be their neighborhood watch captain, GZ, and anybody else that they can right down to their socks, scratch that, I hope they get their socks too!

I know that they would prefer simple justice for their child, but it begins to look as if they are going to have to do some financial damage before any of the responsible parties in the whole farce will even notice.

How can it be self defense, when GZ hunted down a kid for walking in his neighborhood and being black in a hoodie? Why does LE not even treat it as if it was a shooting, they act as if GZ had run over a dog or something, no questions and never even under arrest.

For everyone who just sits back and says, well it's the law, I hope you don't have kids, and that nobody decides that your kid looks suspicious because they dress funny or have piercings or tattoos, or is the wrong color, or is too loud....If we just let this go, don't be surprised if the next time it's someone you know, or even your own kid, This is just sooo messed up.

I think Zimmerman may have been high on drugs.

Can they do a hair strand test to determine how recently he did use drugs/alcohol? It might not pinpoint the exact day, but it would still be useful if he was using either of the two consistently.

Can ya'll help me out here please! I am looking for ANY corraboration to the self defense claim. If I missed it, please direct me to it. Other than GZ saying it was self defense, has anyone else come forward to say that TM was chasing GZ? Or swinging at GZ? Hitting GZ? Anything? Or is it simply that GZ stated self defense, no one can say other wise, so case closed? Seriously! Did I miss something?

Can they do a hair strand test to determine how recently he did use drugs/alcohol? It might not pinpoint the exact day, but it would still be useful if he was using either of the two consistently.

My employer for many years did a hair stand test, and I was under the impression that they are amazingly accurate, that hair grows at a defined rate and the residue resides in the hair forever. We were told, although it may have just been an attempt to scare some of us that the test would be able to tell what year and a close approximation of what month for most substances.

As long as he doesn't shave his head, they probably could.

I'm getting some friends together here in Fort Myers, Florida to drive up to Sanford for their March 22nd rally for Trayvon. I just feel like I have to do something and since I am in Florida, I really want to show my support and pay my respects.

Can ya'll help me out here please! I am looking for ANY corraboration to the self defense claim. If I missed it, please direct me to it. Other than GZ saying it was self defense, has anyone else come forward to say that TM was chasing GZ? Or swinging at GZ? Hitting GZ? Anything? Or is it simply that GZ stated self defense, no one can say other wise, so case closed? Seriously! Did I miss something?

nope, you didn't miss a thing. Apparently he had some vague non specific injuries that they allude to, and he told them it was self defense after he chased after TM, and they never even put him under arrest, he was not detained, they took a statement and that was that.

Didn't document his injuries that we know of, did no test for illegal substances, we haven't even heard if there were any scrapes or bruises on TM's hands or knuckles that would suggest that he got in a good punch or two. Just a dead kid and a statement that it was self defense.

I just thought about something...

George Zimmerman told the police he had a "squeaky clean record"...

Isn't that lying to the police, hindering an investigation, obstruction of justice...something?!

Or did GZ not tell the police that?

BBM - I read this as saying that this must have happened within a dwelling to apply. As the altercation took place in a common area, I don't think it would fall under this law.

Look at (3):
(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

That is the part that comes into effect here. But it would apply equally to TM as to GZ since BOTH men had a right to be in that community. The problem is that GZ was the one carrying the gun.

I just thought about something...

George Zimmerman told the police he had a "squeaky clean record"...

Isn't that lying to the police, hindering an investigation, obstruction of justice...something?!

Or did GZ not tell the police that?

I don't know if Zimmerman told police that, but police told Tray's father that he had no record.

How can "Stand your ground" apply when he was chasing TM?? I can see a scenario where someone is standing on your property, refuses to leave, then advances towards you in a threatening manner, but how in the world does it apply here?
GZ was told by the dispatcher not to chase him. At least that's what I heard from the 911 call.

This is just bad. He chased that kid down and killed him, for no reason other than he looked "suspicious", a black kid in a hoodie.

I don't know if Zimmerman told police that, but police told Tray's father that he had no record.

What I have heard is that he was one time charged with violent offenses, but the charges were later dropped, and very likely after a phone call or two from his Daddy

nope, you didn't miss a thing. Apparently he had some vague non specific injuries that they allude to, and he told them it was self defense after he chased after TM, and they never even put him under arrest, he was not detained, they took a statement and that was that.

Didn't document his injuries that we know of, did no test for illegal substances, we haven't even heard if there were any scrapes or bruises on TM's hands or knuckles that would suggest that he got in a good punch or two. Just a dead kid and a statement that it was self defense.

Thanks. I didn't think so. Was just momentarily confused at some posts that stated GZ/self defense as though it was simple fact. So, I am correct. It is just one mans word against the kid he murdered?

How can "Stand your ground" apply when he was chasing TM?? I can see a scenario where someone is standing on your property, refuses to leave, then advances towards you in a threatening manner, but how in the world does it apply here?
GZ was told by the dispatcher not to chase him. At least that's what I heard from the 911 call.

This is just bad. He chased that kid down and killed him, for no reason other than he looked "suspicious", a black kid in a hoodie.

It doesn't apply here, imo! Zimmerman made up his mind before he even got out of that car. Tray wasn't going to be another a##hole that got away!

Due to "stand your ground" law, even if he were to be charged, his case won't go to a jury but instead to a judge.

"After a series of court battles across the state, the Florida Supreme Court in December 2010 ruled that judges should be the ones to weigh the evidence under a looser standard than the familiar “beyond a reasonable doubt” one used before juries in criminal cases."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...controversial-self-defense.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes