FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have heard is that he was one time charged with violent offenses, but the charges were later dropped, and very likely after a phone call or two from his Daddy

I agree 100%!

Do we know if Zimmerman lived in any other State's? And if he did, has anyone checked into his background there?

I'm getting some friends together here in Fort Myers, Florida to drive up to Sanford for their March 22nd rally for Trayvon. I just feel like I have to do something and since I am in Florida, I really want to show my support and pay my respects.

That sounds awesome, Lola! Wish I could join you! I believe that is the day that Al Sharpton will be there so it should be goooood! I have a feeling it is going to be broadcast.

Due to "stand your ground" law, even if he were to be charged, his case won't go to a jury but instead to a judge.

"After a series of court battles across the state, the Florida Supreme Court in December 2010 ruled that judges should be the ones to weigh the evidence under a looser standard than the familiar “beyond a reasonable doubt” one used before juries in criminal cases."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...controversial-self-defense.html#storylink=cpy

I'll take a Judge any day over a possible Pinellas 12 again!

My employer for many years did a hair stand test, and I was under the impression that they are amazingly accurate, that hair grows at a defined rate and the residue resides in the hair forever. We were told, although it may have just been an attempt to scare some of us that the test would be able to tell what year and a close approximation of what month for most substances.

As long as he doesn't shave his head, they probably could.

Hair is hair. Wouldn't he have to shave everywhere? If he winds up without a hair on his entire body, I would say he definately was on some sort of drug.

That sounds awesome, Lola! Wish I could join you! I believe that is the day that Al Sharpton will be there so it should be goooood! I have a feeling it is going to be broadcast.

I didn't know all of those details? I just looked at the dates of upcoming ralley's and it's the only one I might be able to make if for. I do not want to be on television... at all!

Can ya'll help me out here please! I am looking for ANY corraboration to the self defense claim. If I missed it, please direct me to it. Other than GZ saying it was self defense, has anyone else come forward to say that TM was chasing GZ? Or swinging at GZ? Hitting GZ? Anything? Or is it simply that GZ stated self defense, no one can say other wise, so case closed? Seriously! Did I miss something?

GZ says self-defense and Trayvon is dead so he can't contradict him. Witnesses as far as I can tell didn't see much.

Hair is hair. Wouldn't he have to shave everywhere? If he winds up without a hair on his entire body, I would say he definately was on some sort of drug.

Duhhhh, that one is on me LOL....I had a bald patch under my hair on the left side for years, but it never even occurred to me that they could do a test on hair from elsewhere.....shows how sharp I am sometimes....

Duhhhh, that one is on me LOL....I had a bald patch under my hair on the left side for years, but it never even occurred to me that they could do a test on hair from elsewhere.....shows how sharp I am sometimes....

Even if they could take his hair now and test it, how could they possibly prove any use occurred on a specific day in question? And alcohol tests can not be done on hair.

I agree 100%!

Do we know if Zimmerman lived in any other State's? And if he did, has anyone checked into his background there?

I think Spokeo (?) or Pipl says he used to live in Manassas, VA.

If you search for George Michael Zimmerman you should see it. Sorry I don't have a link handy...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...self-defense.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

This link was posted upthread, but this really sticks out to me...

“If he was attacked, he can stand his ground,” said retired Miami-Dade prosecutor David Waksman, who is not involved in the case. “But if police say back off and we’ll take care of it, he’s not covered by the law.”

Of course it's one interpretation of the law among many, but I hope this is the mindset that prevails.

ETA:

Said Miami-Dade defense attorney Jeffrey Weiner, who recently had a murder case thrown out by a judge on self-defense grounds: “The shooter must be able to point out, preferably with witnesses, that he wasn’t just seeking vigilante justice.”

Indeed, Zimmerman got out of the truck, allegedly to check the name of the street he was on, which even Lee said he found implausible given the small size of the complex and the volunteer’s familiarity with it.

The neighborhood watch guy, who patrols often, was lost?

Even if they could take his hair now and test it, how could they possibly prove any use occurred on a specific day in question? And alcohol tests can not be done on hair.

I not only had not heard of it, but didn't think of it either so I googled
and apparently the answer is yes, body hair can also be used to test.

11. Does body hair give the same type of results as head hair?
Yes, body hair can be used to test for the five standard drug classes, though body hair growth patterns are different than head hair. Most body hair is replaced within approximately one year. This means a test done with body hair will be reported as drug usage during approximately a one year timeframe.

http://www.omegalabs.net/abouthairtesting/hairtestingfaq/hairtestingfaq.aspx

I don't know if this is new news, but I'm getting tweets from CNN and WFTV saying that the Justice Department has opened up an investigation into this case?

ETA: About time, imo.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...self-defense.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

This link was posted upthread, but this really sticks out to me...

Of course it's one interpretation of the law among many, but I hope this is the mindset that prevails.

ETA:

According to that article, GZ also made this claim, which I find dubious at best. But again, they don't have anybody to claim otherwise.

" Zimmerman told police that he was headed back to his truck when Martin jumped him from behind, Lee said."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...cpy#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I wish the Justice Department would get Zimmerman's phone records. I want to know how soon he called his father after he shot Tray? I think that could be useful information if he called his father while he was with police?

Indeed, Zimmerman got out of the truck, allegedly to check the name of the street he was on, which even Lee said he found implausible given the small size of the complex and the volunteer’s familiarity with it.

The neighborhood watch guy, who patrols often, was lost?[/QUOTE]

Riiight, he needed to check the street sign which incidentally was between the buildings almost on one 911 callers back porch.

And LE just let that one slide in the absence of any real evidence that he might not be entirely truthful, and that he was violently attacked by this kid with skittles and iced tea.

If they are saying they believe that then pants are spontaneously combusting in the entire Police Department....

I don't know if this is new news, but I'm getting tweets from CNN and WFTV saying that the Justice Department has opened up an investigation into this case?

ETA: About time, imo.
"The U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and the FBI will step in to investigate the killing of Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin, the U.S. Department of Justice announced late Monday."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/19/2703029/us-department-of-justice-fbi-and.html#storylink=cpy

Riiight, he needed to check the street sign which incidentally was between the buildings almost on one 911 callers back porch.

And LE just let that one slide in the absence of any real evidence that he might not be entirely truthful, and that he was violently attacked by this kid with skittles and iced tea.

If they are saying they believe that then pants are spontaneously combusting in the entire Police Department....[/QUOTE]

Zimmerman, in his own voice, said he was following Tray! Even told the officers to call HIM back so he can tell them where he was when they get there!

Checking a street sign is a bold faced lie!

I haven't read anything about Zimmerman and possible drug use. Did I miss something?

According to that article, GZ also made this claim, which I find dubious at best. But again, they don't have anybody to claim otherwise.

" Zimmerman told police that he was headed back to his truck when Martin jumped him from behind, Lee said."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...cpy#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

A quote from your link

when he killed the teen in a public walkway at a housing community.

Perhaps I am the only one who wonders, but do they often put street signs between buildings in public walkways in Fla? Where exactly was this street sign that he had to look at, if he was jumped from behind headed BACK to his truck?

If the police actually believe that, then maybe I should go down there and see if I can sell them an excellent beachfront lot in Wyoming or something.

On the 911 recording you can hear this poor kid screaming, sounds like he is begging for his life. This goon executed him.

So infuriating- The law under question in Florida does not apparently have anything making it conditional that the person being shot needs to be displaying a weapon, it's vague and in a case like this where no one else wittnessed what happened it is a license to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18