FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can go back and forth all day,we all have questions of how and why this happened. But it will be quite awhile before we get answers to the many questions we all have. I honestly am very confused at this point.In the Duke case pieces seemed to be missing to me.Just did not make sense IMO but everyone wanted to string those young men up.Who would have ever thought the DA was behind charges and knew they were false. I do not know what happened here but I do know no one should have died.

BTW what did he knock GZ in the head with the bag of skittles, the iced tea, or the Iphone? and were they taken into evidence? Punching someone in the head with your fist would require a Mike Tyson type punch to lacerate your head and would undoubtedly break your knuckles...

Really? Do you think Trayvon used a sack of skittles or his phone to punch GZ?

It's about time for me to step away from this.

I don't think anyone here in this conversation has ill intentions, and I respect everyone here, but disagree totally with some of the perceptions.

It does seem that so far the protests are peaceful and I'm praying that continues.

Goodnight all.

BTW what did he knock GZ in the head with the bag of skittles, the iced tea, or the Iphone? and were they taken into evidence? Punching someone in the head with your fist would require a Mike Tyson type punch to lacerate your head and would undoubtedly break your knuckles...

I didn't even think about that...Maybe GZ really did fall on his own and hit the curb/concrete or something.

Apples and oranges.

Caylee's appearance at the time of her accidental drowning had nothing to do with her death. Martin's appearance may have had everything to do with Zimmerman's perception of him.

A young black male acting suspicious in a neighborhood where there have been crimes committed by young black males, in a suburb of Orlando, FL, which has the THIRD HIGHEST crime rate of US cities.

So the media should have never shown pictures of Caylee when she was an infant? One-years-old? Only pictures of her at the age of her death?

Good to know!

Just a couple of thoughts/experiences I wanted to share. They may or may not be considered relevant in any way by you, the reader. If not, feel free to scroll on by.

1) When I was 18 and a freshman in college, some of my friends were still seniors in high school. One evening a group of us went to see a concert at the high school. Afterwards, we were walking, off campus, to our cars, and, along with a couple of the other, was smoking a cigarette. A local waitress approached us and demanded to see our ID's to prove to her that we were old enough to legally smoke. Since she wasn't a police officer, she had no right to ask us, and we had no obligation to show her. I didn't answer her in a civil, humble, kind way, as her demand was not made in a civil, humble, or kind way. I answered her with the same tone of disrespect as she had used when she demanded to see my ID. She was also someone who wanted to be police officer, and overstepped her boundaries as a private citizen. Just like GZ, only thank goodness she didn't shoot me for being a smoker.

2) My husband used to work in a little mom and pop grocery store in Denver. One afternoon, an elderly African-American man bought one small item. My husband just handed it to him without bagging it. The man handed the item back and asked for a bag for it. My husband gave him one but had a quizzical look on his face. The man said, "My mama always taught me to make sure you get a bag from the store so you won't be accused of stealing." How sad that decades later, as an elderly man, he still felt he needed to do that. Racial profiling continues to be an issue to this day.

Sad that we as a society and individuals haven't moved past that kind of ridiculousness. :cow:

I saw the same picture. There's an obvious agenda to portray him in a way that fits a certain template by leaving that out. Very unfair to GZ, who we don't see baby pictures of, only a grubby mugshot.

Personally myself, I don't need to see any other pictures of George Zimmerman. He is the devil incarnate to me and I'd rather not see his picture anywhere other than on a wanted poster or a new mugshot when his racist rear end is arrested.

although it was apparently published in some places:

Tracy Martin said the calls paint a stark picture of what were his son's final moments.
"He was yelling for help, and no one could help him. He saw his life being taken away from him," Tracy Martin said.

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/03/16/3826645/family-of-slain-black-fla-teen.html#storylink=cpy

March 16: Police recordings made the night Zimmerman allegedly shot and killed Martin sent the boy’s mother screaming from the room and prompted his father to declare, “He killed my son,” a family representative tells ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/trayvon-martin-case-timeline-of-events/

By the way, for those who say because Martin's mom says it was him screaming for help, and a mother knows......what about fathers?

"Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin’s father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son."

http://news.yahoo.com/video/orlando...peak-out-in-trayvon-martin-case-28640523.html

bbm, I said he was in fear during the altercation, not before it. I don't agree that a 17 year old is a child developmentally btw

Oh well then by all means let me restate: Then perhaps he should have stayed in his car and not started an altercation.

I have both Bachelor and Master degrees in child development. Your agreeing or disagreeing doesn't mean what I said isn't true.

I heard today on npr as I was making my son pancakes for breakfast that the police chief may be fired over this.. wonder if that has happened. Was also really happy to hear about the million hoodie march...

Trayvon's parents, family, and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he will receive the justice he deserves.

I agree 100%. Earlier, on google images, there were recent pics of Martin, dressed, for a lack of better words, a . Pants down around his knees, underwear showing, giving gang signs. As of now, those pics seem to have disappeared. Only showing pics of him from several years ago is inflammatory. Lets see pics of him as he was when Zimmerman saw him.

Even IF he was dressed like a , he was not doing anything "thuggish" by walking home talking to his girlfriend while carrying a bag of skittles and an iced tea.

You want to see how Zimmerman saw him? Then stop ignoring the fact that Zimmerman said he was in his late teens. He looked suspicious because of the hoodie. Zimmerman described a "button" on Trayvon's shirt. How many "thugs" wear buttons on their shirts?

I think some people in this thread are going WAY too far, especially on a victim friendly forum.

Any word on the autopsy results? Media needs to put the pressure on. Point of entry of the gunshot will be important. I'm sure many want to know.

Wow, there's so much to say about this post...but it comes down to my wondering why in the world should Trayvon have said anything "humble and friendly" to a person who had been following him and was now approaching him? The guy could have been a kidnapper ffs! It's all good and well to blame someone when you weren't in that situation and don't know the shock and fear they may have.

Totally agree!

This kid was NOT doing anything wrong! He was not breaking into a home.

Fight or Flight

He tried to flee, he kept walking as this STRANGER was stalking him!

Even if T defended himself I think he had every right as this stranger continued to stalk him, exited his vehicle and chased after him!

If this guy would have come after me...I would have tried to run, but if he cornered me or grabbed me I would have fought for my life! I don't get how them you can claim self-defense!

What's next a pedo can shoot a child that fights back and bites, scratches, and punches to avoid being abducted!?

This is such a scary case, and really let's bad people have too much power over innocent people!

On the 911 calls a woman did say there was grass and also a cement sidewalk where they wrestled.If they did get into a fight he might have been hitting his head on the sidewalk.

IMO, if you feel the need to use a hand gun, you feel the need to use deadly force. Not using deadly force, especially if you are in fear for your life, could possibly lead to your death. I can not imagine when in fear for their life, anyone shooting someone merely to wound. You don't see LE officers, who are very well trained to shoot, not using deadly force when their life is threatened. Why woulkd you expect Zimmerman to do so?

Somehow shooting someone in the chest is the use of deadly force. There was nothing TM had in his hands as a weapon other than his phone. If you carry a handgun and had to take training first to get the gun you know there are places to shoot someone that will not result in their death but stop them in their tracks. TM had no gun. His ice tea and the candy were in his pocket on the front of his shirt. All he had was his cell phone he was still talking on it when GZ walked up behind him. GZ could have asked him who he was from 10 foot away and told him to stand there that LE was coming just to check him out. What was the worst that could have happened??? TM could have run away. From 10 foot away he would have plenty of time to pull his gun and stop TM before TM reached him if TM attacked. GZ did not listen, did not do as he was told and the end result of his misconduct is that a child is dead.

FYI: I think this is what most of us see. There was no reason for this to happen other than GZ negligence. jmo

Gov. Scott appoints special prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case
by Dara Kam | March 22nd, 2012

Gov. Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi have appointed a special prosecutor to take over the investigation of the shooting of Trayvon Martin, responding to increased pressure from national civil rights leaders outraged over the killing of the unarmed black 17-year-old by a neighborhood watch volunteer whom local authorities have not charged with any crime..................................................

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2012/03/gov-scott-appoints-special-prosecutor-in-trayvon-martin-case/

They have taken this case out of the hands of two important people now, the chief of police and the SA.

In my opinion there is something very shocking in this case we have not heard yet and I think this child was shot in the back.

I would almost bet my drool cup on it!

Oh well then by all means let me restate: Then perhaps he should have stayed in his car and not started an altercation.

I have both Bachelor and Master degrees in child development. Your agreeing or disagreeing doesn't mean what I said isn't true.

A fact is always a fact and never changes.

Fact: Trayvon Martin is dead

Fact: GZ shot and killed him

Fact: The Justice Dept AND FBI are conducting an independent investigation

The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that a 17 year old is a child, developmentally and not on the same level as an adult. Please see Roper v. Simmons (2005) for more information.

I have a Bachelor's degree in psychology, does that count? ;)

(not responding to you necessarily flourish, but the person you quoted)

And your assumption that GZ started the altercation does not make it true. Getting out of a truck is not starting an altercation and neither is asking someone a question. Not sure what education has to do with this but I have a Masters as well, so good for us.

I'm just going to say this. What would have happened if Trayvon, confronted by this nosy tattletale guy, just said what he was doing there?<modsnip>

And I'm going to say this. Why didn't GZ identify himself being with the neighborhood watch when asking what Trayvon was doing there? THEN Trayvon may have answered him instead of asking why was he being followed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes