FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK here is the deal.

Just because you disagree with someone does not mean you should alert on their post.

ONLY ALERT IF THERE IS NAME CALLING AND OTHER VIOLATIONS OF TOS. NOT BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY ARE WRONG OR BEING RACIST.

We will never tolerate racism or racist terms. Please understand this but there are grey areas all over this topic and we have to let people express their opinions. As long as the opinions are expressed in a mature and decent manner.

If someone uses a racist term then yes of course alert but just because it is your opinion that someone else's opinion is racist doesn't mean it's the case.

Agree to disagree and please tone it down. If you are getting to angry then walk away.

Alert when it is needed but please alert only when TOS is violated.

Thank you,
Tricia

I fail to understand the relevance of Trayvon's age and why it has become such a major issue. He was 17 years old, considered a child in the state of Florida. This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone being tried as an adult even though they are a child. This has everything to do with the fact that Trayvon was 17 years old and was stalked by a man almost twice his age who brutally murdered him because he didn't like the way he looked. George Zimmerman was a time bomb waiting to explode and if it wasn't Trayvon, it could have very well been someone else. What if his victim was a 12 or 13 year old little boy? What if his victim was a 12 or 13 year old little girl? How would you all be reacting over that.

I wouldn't be trying him as anything. That's for the determination of the court.

but didn't you state with all your degrees exactly that he is a child? so you would find for the court to try him as a child correct?

Well looky there, "thousands rallied" according to news reports and not a single act of violence have I seen reported, despite all the handwringing on this forum about the huge potential for violence when thousands gather in a call for justice, especially when Al Sharpton is to be involved.

Curiouser and curiouser...

mormons can do this?

personally hoodies actually up and over the head to conceal bug me ---it has not been cold enough to do that here lately. nothing to do re the case, hate Belichick in them too. sloppy

I don't think I know a single kid who does not own a hoodie. BTW, isn't the purpose of a hood to protect you from the weather? Isn't that what Trayvon did?

but didn't you state with all your degrees exactly that he is a child? so you would find for the court to try him as a child correct?

Read above. Laws don't necessarily reflect science--I could state that with or without "all my degrees" and it would still be true.

Before the "stand your ground" law we wouldn't even BE in a position to debate whether or not a fist fight or verbal threat "provoked" a person to kill another person. Before the law there was no excuse to kill another human being and you would be arrested and brought to trial. This law is just giving people an "EXCUSE" to be able to kill another person legally in the eyes of the law.
This is a very scary predicament in the history of this country,,, we've gone backwards!
Step back a moment and picture your child.. or your most beloved person in the world walking along doing nothing wrong and being followed by a stranger, getting into a verbal argument with a stranger and then maybe a scuffle with the stranger and the stranger put a bullet in him. Then picture LE saying "too bad, it was self defense"
Truly THINK about it. It makes NO sense!

I don't think I know a single kid who does not own a hoodie. BTW, isn't the purpose of a hood to protect you from the weather? Isn't that what Trayvon did?

we don't have weather here too much!

Read above. Laws don't necessarily reflect science--I could state that with or without "all my degrees" and it would still be true.

you never stated what your stand would be, according to all your earlier posts it should be a :child:

Come on people. Back off the comments about Mormons please.

I really want you all to have a discussion about his horrible tragedy but I can't babysit this thread.

Keep on topic and if you feel yourself getting too angry back away.

you never stated what your stand would be, according to all your earlier posts it should be a :child:

I never stated what my stand would be if Trayvon had hunted and killed an innocent person. There is no reason for me to consider that as it is not the case.

we don't have weather here too much!

Thats interesting, the friend defending Zimmerman said it was very cold that night. In fact instead of the racial slur I heard him say on the 911 call he says Zimmerman said "its effing cold".

Eta: He was on JVM

[Snipped with all due respect to highlight points I am addressing]

Our President's mother was white. Therefore he is not a black president, he is a (for lack of a better term) half-black president. That means he is also half-white.

So he is just as much white as black, no? Yet he's always referred to as black. Never white. Never even multiracial, insofar as I can recall.

Yes, racism still goes on.

And it is too bad that the USA still has this affectation. My mother was from Cuba and in that country there is no difference of races; they are all considered people, not black, or white. Am 62 and I never knew there were 'classes' of people, i.e., black/white until I was in my very late teens. I wasn't raised that way, Thank God and my parents for that. BTW, I would be safe to say that I am most likely not 'white', but more of a mix because I am of Cuban origin.

That was another thing that was mentioned by several people tonight, the Officer who responded to the scene after the police made the initial discovery was NOT a homicide detective he was a narcotics officer....which may explain why the deceased was so immediately tested for drugs and alcohol, you know when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail, except that they didn't test GZ which considering the circumstances I find to be extremely odd.

It is extremely odd and extremely troubling IMO.

if it were?
??hunted?? totally wrong, but I don't think hunted belongs here. eta----plain ole crazy man!!

What I think about some concocted hypothetical situation doesn't have anything to do with this case.

Back on topic, anyone have opinions as to why the word "temporarily" was used when the chief stepped down? Saving face? Hope? Denial? It seemed to be a purposeful use of the word, so...? What do ya'll think?

Thats interesting, the friend defending Zimmerman said it was very cold that night. In fact instead of the racial slur I heard him say on the 911 call he says Zimmerman said "its effing cold".

Eta: He was on JVM

Is that the same friend that referred to 'the perfect storm'?

I wouldn't be trying him as anything. That's for the determination of the court.

still is contradictory. if they are a CHILD as all is saying ------- be tried as a child...not modified adult versions......

and go gators!!!

Most people realize that even those who are considered "children" can and will commit horrible, heinous crimes. These juveniles are more of the exception than the rule, but still the criminal justice system has to have an effective means to deal in these situations.

It is not contradictory at all. The extent of punishment is dependent on the specifics of the crime. If a child commits a crime that meets certain criteria, he or she will be charged as an adult. This is done, in part, because there are sentencing guidelines associated with the juvenile justice system. A child who commits a murder is in need of more rehabilitation than a child who commits a lesser crime. The sentencing restrictions (maximum amount of time he/she can be incarcerated) are the same for both offenses in the juvenile justice system. [that is not to say the same amount of time would be served, though]

Also, the focus of juvenile and adult courts, and the aim of consequences or sanctions imposed, is different. While the juvenile system is for "rehabilitation," some would argue that the adult system is for actual punishment, retribution, and other things.

ETA: and yes, I'm off this topic as well. TRAYVON IS NOT A CRIMINAL.

What I think about some concocted hypothetical situation doesn't have anything to do with this case.

Back on topic, anyone have opinions as to why the word "temporarily" was used when the chief stepped down? Saving face? Hope? Denial? It seemed to be a purposeful use of the word, so...? What do ya'll think?

Temporary because he fully intends to resume his position when all is said and done.

Temporary because he fully intends to resume his position when all is said and done.

Ugh, that's what I thought, too. I sure hope that doesn't happen. Do you guys think it will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member