FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the same friend that referred to 'the perfect storm'?

Yup, he's the one. Somehow I feel he is looking for his 15 min of fame and not helping at all.

What I think about some concocted hypothetical situation doesn't have anything to do with this case.

Back on topic, anyone have opinions as to why the word "temporarily" was used when the chief stepped down? Saving face? Hope? Denial? It seemed to be a purposeful use of the word, so...? What do ya'll think?

I think he said temporarily because of his ego. I think he knows darn well that the chances of him resuming his duties are slim to none. Stepping down completely right now would probably make people thing he (or his agency) did something wrong for sure. Right now there's doubt, but resigning completely would seal the deal. JMO MOO IMO

Extremely interesting article on the racial ramifications of the case:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2017819414_zimmerman23.html

Thanks for the link, http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2017819414_zimmerman23.html :
Teontae Ami, who also lives in the Retreat at Twin Lakes community, said very few black teens like himself live in the neighborhood.
Ami, 17, said he and a close friend who is black would sit at the end of a driveway in the evening and felt uncomfortable when Zimmerman would pass them on a neighborhood patrol. They used to greet him, but he never responded, he said.

Huh. "They used to greet him, but he never responded."

Does anyone know whether or not the appointing of the special prosecutor has any effect on the grand jury? Will there still be one, or can this special prosecutor bring charges on her own?

Extremely interesting article on the racial ramifications of the case:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2017819414_zimmerman23.html

Weird he was the same age as Trayvon when he was attacked. I wonder what he did ,I also wonder why no details of the crime.

Zimmerman's life was not without difficulties. In 2001, when he was 17 or 18, he was the victim of a minor criminal assault, said Manassas police Sgt. Eddie Rivera. The city's computer records do not provide details

Does anyone know whether or not the appointing of the special prosecutor has any effect on the grand jury? Will there still be one, or can this special prosecutor bring charges on her own?

I wish I did know the answer.

This law in Florida is a joke, if he in fact isnt charged they are setting a precedent of its ok to shoot unarmed people. Maybe someone will claim that defense one day if Zimmerman is found killed?

By the way, Salem, know what happened to that guy who was caught on video sucker punching a black guy in the back of the head? He got probation.

And in the other killing of an unarmed black kid in the area, Travares McGill in 2005, this time by two white security guards, their charges were dismissed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...outcry-trayvon-martin-death-article-1.1049155
BEM: He was armed with a 4,000 lb car that he hit a 54 yr old man with and then pinned him to a van - then he started spinning his tires, hitting the guards car and was told to stop - should they have let him drive off to recklessly kill an innocent pedestrian or another driver? Tough call.
Yeah, I've heard that repeatedly, too. We have a black president so there must not be any more racism. Let's tell that to James C. Anderson who was driven over by a truck and beaten in June last year by some thugs who conspired to go "mess with some n!&&ers" and who shouted "white power" as they beat him. Oh, that's right. We can't because Mr. Anderson is dead.
Or how about the 32 black gang members who terrorized whites and Hispanics for months in Seattle (might be Colorado), or Shane McClellan, or hundreds of others?
If you re-read my post, you will see I conceded there was still racism, but it's hardly exclusive white on black.
Yes, we have a black president but only 50% of the country voted for him. Certainly some among the other 50% objected to him because of his race.
:waitasec:

Zimmerman described Trayvon as a black male - he was talking to police dispatch, this would be normal. There were no other references made to Trayvon's ethnicity. Why was his girlfriend telling him to run and why did he try to lose Zimmerman? Zimmerman may well have been wrong, but it doesn't factually seem to be cold blooded murder, IMO.

The reason the whole country is outraged is because the teenager/child did not have a knife. He had nothing and did nothing wrong. Also, this was not a police officer. He had no authority, and nothing to indicate to Trayvon he was even the neighborhood "watch". I do not believe GZ's story that he walked away and Trayvon jumped him from behind. Why would the vigilante aggressor walk away from him since he hunted him down and was determined he wouldn't get away.

The problem is that this insane SYG Statute allowed GZ to (almost) get away with it since it has no deterrent not to shoot an innocent boy like Trayvon. Normal laws deter criminal inclined folks from committing violent crimes because of the punishment . This one practically gives a budding murderer a free pass by just proclaiming you were scared for your life.
I guess next old fashioned duels can be brought back since the survivor can also claim fear for his life.
I just used above example to illustrate that Tray, if he would have done something fatal to GZ out of fear, that same law would have exonerated him too. I doubt though, it would have been applied to him. It is obvious to me that GZ was part of the good old boy's PD club and was in like Flynn with them.
The way that law is written(very badly) allows too much discretion for a biased PD. And Fla folks should hold their legislators responsible for that travesty. Wonder how many other Trayvon like crimes already slipped thru the cracks since 2005.

Or how about the 32 black gang members who terrorized whites and Hispanics for months in Seattle (might be Colorado), or Shane McClellan, or hundreds of others?
If you re-read my post, you will see I conceded there was still racism, but it's hardly exclusive white on black

But there is no such thing as reverse institutionalized racism; old white men still hold the majority of power in this world. It's kind of like reverse sexism, an individual can hate men but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing because women do not hold the balance of power.

People are not just angry that a young black man was murdered; they are angry that an institution failed to respond in an appropriate manner to the murder of a young man. And it was very likely because of the colour of the victim's skin. It does not help that this PD has a history of treating white perpetrators in a favourable manner.

Why is it we still do not know what the point of entry of the bullet was that killed Trayvon. We should know that by now! I am suspicious that this information is being withheld for obvious reasons!

The autopsy should have been done long ago. I guess since the investigation is still pending, it does not fall under the Sunshine laws yet.
I can see a scenario if there was a struggle, that Tray got up after the struggle and GZ shot at him while he was still on the ground. The angle of the bullet entering his body and the distance could surely diminish a self defense claim.
If he did shot Tray in the back, I would almost hope that could be kept quiet for a while since that could invoke violent rioting.
It is suspicious however that nothing was released on the type of injury except that he was shot in the chest.
And I would not be at all surprised if the Feds have him exhumed for a second autopsy. Too much funny business going on in Sanford over the years.

Maybe when Trayvon was struggling and screaming, trying to save his own life the gun butt hit GZ in the nose. I still think the blood on the back of his head was Trayvon's because 2 witnesses saw him straddling Trayvon's body with his hands on him. Then after that he got up and put his hands on the back of his head. That is according to two eye witnesses.

It was raining and grass was wet, he also could have slipped while running after Tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties