FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the exact same scenario could and would have happened if TM would have been a young white male. A family would have still lost a son. GZ would still NOT be arrested for any major crime. LE would still be questioned. There might be a local outrage of injustice, but no thread on WS, no major news, no leaders, marches, signs, etc. Those are only occurring because TM was black, and that is racist to me. JMHO Poor Trayvon.... he seemed like a really good kid. It's sad to me that the only thing the world can see about him is the color of his skin.

Respectfully snipped for space. Apparently the Sanford PD doesn't see it that way. I believe if it had been a white child w/white parents, they still would have had to call a press conference to get answers.

He was interviewed by a NARCOTICS officer. I am pretty sure a NARCOTICS officer would have noticed if he was high as a kite or drunk as a skunk .

Why was a narcotics detective the first person to question a homicide suspect?

That makes no sense and it could ruin a case. Homicide detectives are trained to investigate homicides.

What is the relationship between Zimmerman and this narco detective? Why did he talk to him first? Were they buddies and he was helping him get his story straight?

Something is up with this.

According to gz attorney he suffered broken nose and a cut ti the back of the head, but didnt need stitches because by the time he got to dr. It was already starting to heal

Attorney must have mis spoken....Nurse here, I can tell you if it was a slight abrasion, it may have stopped bleeding which might be what he meant, but if it was a "cut" it would have bled like stink for quite a while, since your scalp is extemely vascular, and would have required stiches, while an abrasion would not...They also said he had a broken nose...and I will believe all that when I actually see the specific medical reports and some photographs. IMO JMHO and stuff

There is a huge difference between "bleeding" from the back of your head, and "having blood' on the back of your head. I am sure a trained and experienced police officer could tell the difference.

He may have had a bloody nose and then touched the back of his head ... we will never know the extent of his injuries because a thorough police investigation was NOT done...

Are you saying that because Trayvon was younger than GZ that we must infer that Trayvon was defending himself and not attacking GZ? Why?

Thats not what im saying at all. I infer that trayvon was defending himself because a man was following him in the dark and got close enough for there to be a physical altercation. Im not saying they didnt fight, im saying that my interpretation of what we have seen so far is that trayvon was the ine that more than likely was standing his ground. But, that is my interpretation.

Not to speak for anyonelse, but what I am saying is that it is IMO highly unlikely that after walking fast, and changing directions to attempt to evade this larger and older stranger that his following him, while still in the midst of a conversation with his girlfriend, not even hanging up the phone, all of a sudden Trayvon launched into an attack....Perhaps you find that likely, I simply do not IMO JMHO and stuff.

I don't find it likely, but I do feel that it's possible. I don't find it likely that GZ self inflicted his injuries to the front and back of his head but I guess that's possible too.

Attorney must have mis spoken....Nurse here, I can tell you if it was a slight abrasion, it may have stopped bleeding which might be what he meant, but if it was a "cut" it would have bled like stink for quite a while, since your scalp is extemely vascular, and would have required stiches, while an abrasion would not...They also said he had a broken nose...and I will believe all that when I actually see the specific medical reports and some photographs. IMO JMHO and stuff
Hey, i didnt believe it either. Just typing what i heard

Respectfully snipped for space. Apparently the Sanford PD doesn't see it that way. I believe if it had been a white child w/white parents, they still would have had to call a press conference to get answers.

I agree. However, my question is.... would Al Sharpton have been concerned with whether said parents got answers or justice? Would there be this huge uproar in defense of said white child?

My guess is most probably not.

Do you have a link this this man's statement? I have not seen it.

I believe that the poster is referring to the 13 yr old boy who was walking his dog, he saw part of the scuffle and then the dog got off the leash and he had to chase it, and he didn't see anymore after that.

A 13-year-old boy who witnessed part of the fight said he saw Zimmerman on the ground and heard someone calling for help. Zimmerman told police that was him. Lawyers for Trayvon’s family say it was the high school junior.

http://www.urbanfaith.com/2012/03/will-there-be-justice-for-trayvon-martin.html/

There are better links that have a more comprehensive account but I didn't have one to hand, I will search, because there is as usual some controvery here as well.

If it does go to trial with a LE officer and a Paramedic testifying that GZ had injuries to his nose and the back of his head, it won't bode well for getting a conviction. JMO.

ITA. Which is why I think it is not only wrong but dangerous to paint this as a racial incident. IMO, the most important aspect of this crime is the "stand your ground" law. It is not the racial aspect. It is the law, which may very well provide an acquittal if/when the case goes to trial. This is the sort of tragedy opponents of this, and similar, law(s) saw coming. Vigilante "justice" is not something a civilized society should tolerate. IMO, JMHO, MOO, OMO, etc.

My comment that she went on with her life was in reference to the days before she found out he had been killed and didn't call the police, just to be clear. I've not cast aspersions on her one way or the other - I find the fact that an attorney is breaking the story on ABC highly suspect.

Respectfully snipped for space.

I believe she had nothing to do with the family or attorney as to when they made her statement available. She couldn't attend his wake because she was being hospitalized. I didn't think we knew what went on afterw after the phone call? Maybe I'm missing something. Dad was a custodial parent, it's very possible she didn't have his phone number. As a teenager, she may not have wanted to call 911 - scared to do so. Hoping for the best for her love.

Hey, i didnt believe it either. Just typing what i heard

I understand, I watched them rip into Sanford PD as well and enumerate everything that should have been done before a determination was made that simply wasn't, but the one that had me floored, was JVM with the assertion that the girlfriend on the phone, both called police that night and again later the parents of the girl called Sanford PD to tell them she was on the phone with Trayvon while the incident was taking place and they never called them back

That seems to be a theme with Sanford PD, several of the witnesses that they didn't talk to called and they never called them back, and other witnesses wanting to make sure their statement was accurate called and they never called them back....maybe what Sanford PD needs is a good receptionist to take phone messages :>( IMO JMHO and stuff

Honestly, I didn't know before this case that hoodies were gangster - and I actually learned it from Trayvon's dad.

In one of his first appearances he described his son's appearance, and said he was wearing a hoodie but "that was only because it was raining". At the time I thought that was an odd thing to say - that he would clarify why Tray was wearing that. As the days have gone by I've learned that hoodies are gangster.

Hm. I'll certainly remember that next time our PTA has a groundskeeping day and all the moms show up in their hoodies. ;D

I think it is more like a combination of things for the hoodie fear syndrome(especially dark solid colored ones and perhaps only those that have no emblems on it like from a major football team and/or university) PLUS (young)male Plus darker pigmented skin than the average white kid PLUS hoodie must be pulled over the head equals gangsta.
What an absurd society we live in. (Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here)

ITA. Which is why I think it is not only wrong but dangerous to paint this as a racial incident. IMO, the most important aspect of this crime is the "stand your ground" law. It is not the racial aspect. It is the law, which may very well provide an acquittal if/when the case goes to trial. This is the sort of tragedy opponents of this, and similar, law(s) saw coming. Vigilante "justice" is not something a civilized society should tolerate. IMO, JMHO, MOO, OMO, etc.

Politicians love these kind of situations. There will be plenty of them clamoring to repeal the "stand your ground" law and enact new laws restricting peoples access to guns which caused this tragedy. JMO.

I heard mentioned on JVM that no autopsy was performed on Trayvon. This is a misstatement, I pray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member