FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a foreign born I get so confused with all those ethnic/race labels.
To me GZ looks white with a Mediterranean/South American appearance, with an Anglo first name and a German surname. In other words Heinz 57 variety like most of us.
Hispanic to me means roots from Hispania/Spain and Latino means that your native language is one of the Romance languages like Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese etc. Last not least, why does the media always emphasize when a person looks/is black and/or South American but never when white or print that silly Caucasian label. Does not that foster racial hate in some way?
American(if citizen) or country if citizen of other country would suffice IMO.

This whole tragedy however, evolves about a situation where a law abiding individual , in this case an unarmed HS kid, can be stalked and murdered by a private individual with no legal law enforcement credentials under very controversial circumstances.
If there are laws that allow for such atrocities then change the laws.
And I still say that the killing of this teenager was handled by SPD like an average roadkill of an animal. Body collected, minimal investigation, file closed.
Just despicable and inhumane/unethical similar to a country with many human rights violations.
And if the parents would not have been so tenacious about the circumstances involving the death of their son, we would have never known about it. How many more are out there?
Think about it. Race played no part in it, human rights did, race is just secondary.

Many Hispanics in Latin America are mixed of European and American Indian. They are called Meztizo in Mexico or Argentina or Pardo in Brazil. Language and race not that correlated. For example many Black Africans speak Semitic language and are called Cushtic, which is Somali, Amharic, and Omoro. I think we are all mixed, whether we are European, Asian, or African.

I never understood the media either. I agree the case was handled poorly.

If you google "Tawana Brawley" that's a good start - or wikipedia has a good rundown of his comments on jews, gays, etc which are quite inflammatory.

Thank you. So is the upset more about that than about what he's said about this case? I got the impression people thought he was calling for riots or something?

I guess I'm wondering why people seem upset that he has spoken about this case...

Do we need to start a basement venting thread about Al Sharpton like the Nancy Grace one? :)

Originally Posted by RANCH
But are there any witness's that saw GZ go after Trayvon? Trayvon is dead so he can't testify. That leaves GZ's account. Which apparently has him losing sight of Trayvon then heading back to his truck with Trayvon attacking him.

Why would you need a witness, when GZ tell the 911 dispatch that he is following TM. Then there is the story about him going back to his truck???

Exactly how far away from his truck did he go if the incident occurred between the buildings, and certainly away from anywhere that there might be a street sign. Why would TM backtrack to attack him when he was only 70 yards from his Dad's fiance's house? Unless TM was going backwards, because TM told the girlfriend he was going to walk fast and try and lose his follower, and at one point he thought he had succeeded, then all of a sudden there he was again....how could GZ's way back to his truck somehow be in the path of TM who was still headed in the direction of his Dad's girlfriends house?

Does not make sense, and in the words of Judge Judy, if it doesn't make sense it just didn't happen IMO JMHO and stuff

Hispanics can be from all races. They are not all Caucasian. Zimmerman is not a Hispanic Caucasian in appearance? I think he appears to be more Native American/Indian Hispanic. I have Hispanic Caucasian friends and even they do not want to be called Caucasian. I have many Black Hispanic friends and they do not want to be called Black. They call themselves Hispanic/Latino.

Some Hispanic countries are overwhelmingly Mestizo, like Mexico and Central America. Some Hispanic countries are Black like Dominican Republic and Cuba. Some Hispanic countries are American Indian like Bolivia and Peru. Other Hispanic countries are European like Argentina and Chile. Also, there are Hispanics who are Asians. They are quite common in Mexico, Argentina, and Peru.

Do you believe Jeb was misinformed before he made his statement?

We now have our former Governor as well as both authors of the SYG law stating it doesn't apply to this case and was not the intent of the law. I'm really puzzled why some people keep using the SYG law as an excuse for Zimmerman's actions that night.

I'm not, nor have I ever made an excuse for Zimmerman, please refer back to why I posted the article. They are all saying that IF GZ was stalking TM, which there is no evidence of, and shot him in the back, which there is no evidence of, then the law wouldn't apply. I do believe Jeb Bush was misinformed. If GZ was going back to his truck, the way he said he was, and he was attacked, the way he said he was, then the law would apply, otherwise, it does not.

You will notice here that the former Senator does not even know who shot "the kid".

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...pply-To-Trayvon-Martin-Shooter-143684626.html
"He has no protection under my law," said Former Sen. Durell Peaden, one of the law's authors, The Miami Herald reported. "They got the goods on him. They need to prosecute whoever shot the kid."

Peaden said that when George Zimmerman told dispatch that he was following Martin he lost his defense under the law.

Sen. Oscar Braynon (D-Miami Gardens) urged that the law be changed, but the law's authors state Peaden and Rep. Dennis Baxley (R-Ocala) said there's no need to change the law.

On Tuesday, the Seminole County State Attorney said case would go before a grand jury.

Is there a link to the information that GZ stated he was returning to his truck when he was allegedly attacked by TM? I'm sorry if it's somewhere obvious and I've missed it.

as well as the known facts do not in anyway lead to Trayvon being the aggressor. On one hand you have a jacked up guy with a gun stalking a boy and calling 911 on him because he's decided the boy is up to no good and then is concerned this black boy will get away like all the other a%^holes did and then we know he followed Trayvon despite being told not to and despite being Mr. Neighborhood Watch who should have known that the watchers don't apprehend, follow or carry weapons. On the other hand you have a boy going out during a game the family is watching on TV to get snacks and he 's walking home talking to his girlfriend and tells her some strange guy is following him and he walks fast to get away but since stalker vigilante is persistent he pops up in front of Trayvon to confront him.

So, we're to believe GZ's story that, at that point he was retreating to his car and Trayvon jumped him....and then what....he had to shoot him ...THE END...OK, move along, nothing to see here....

Thats not what im saying at all. I infer that trayvon was defending himself because a man was following him in the dark and got close enough for there to be a physical altercation. Im not saying they didnt fight, im saying that my interpretation of what we have seen so far is that trayvon was the ine that more than likely was standing his ground. But, that is my interpretation.

Zimmerman stated as much at the beginning of his 911 call. The call is pretty clear, I never heard a racial slur, in fact, the dispatcher asked GZ whether the guy was black, white, or hispanic.

How on earth can you tell if a person is Hispanic from appearance only?
Wait, guess the same way you can tell a person is on drugs from a distance.

Why would you need a witness, when GZ tell the 911 dispatch that he is following TM. Then there is the story about him going back to his truck???

Exactly how far away from his truck did he go if the incident occurred between the buildings, and certainly away from anywhere that there might be a street sign. Why would TM backtrack to attack him when he was only 70 yards from his Dad's fiance's house? Unless TM was going backwards, because TM told the girlfriend he was going to walk fast and try and lose his follower, and at one point he thought he had succeeded, then all of a sudden there he was again....how could GZ's way back to his truck somehow be in the path of TM who was still headed in the direction of his Dad's girlfriends house?

Does not make sense, and in the words of Judge Judy, if it doesn't make sense it just didn't happen IMO JMHO and stuff

Sorry, I have no way of knowing why GZ claims that Trayvon attacked him. Since no one has come forward saying that they saw their initial contact, I can't say for sure what happened.

Do you believe Jeb was misinformed before he made his statement?

We now have our former Governor as well as both authors of the SYG law stating it doesn't apply to this case and was not the intent of the law. I'm really puzzled why some people keep using the SYG law as an excuse for Zimmerman's actions that night.

my bolding

As well as many legal experts.

The city and the police department have posted dribs and drabs of the case. Some of Zimmerman's statements here, some there.

Time to release Zimmerman's whole statement, what was Martin doing to him to make him sound like a slaughtered lamb because that is just what that crying sounded like to me.

What were the wounds on Zimmerman's body that made him cry like that and what were the wounds on Martins body.

Time to release Zimmerman's statement.

Trayvon made his own 911 call, the FBI has it and are enhancing, says holds the key to the investigation

at the very end of the vid

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=8593399&syndicate=syndicate&section#global

Holy cow! I'm not allowed to watch video at work so i'm glad it's finally quitting time and I can go watch it at home! A part of me thinks it's a 911 call from when his dad started a grease fire (? might be rumor ?) but if it "holds the key to the investigation" it must be relevant, one would think/hope?!?!?!

Thanks for posting that!

Many Hispanics in Latin America are mixed of European and American Indian. They are called Meztizo in Mexico or Argentina or Pardo in Brazil. Language and race not that correlated. For example many Black Africans speak Semitic language and are called Cushtic, which is Somali, Amharic, and Omoro. I think we are all mixed, whether we are European, Asian, or African.

I never understood the media either. I agree the case was handled poorly.

Say hello to Mom:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/04/20/1019233285913.html

Is there a link to the information that GZ stated he was returning to his truck when he was allegedly attacked by TM? I'm sorry if it's somewhere obvious and I've missed it.
It's in the letter from the Sanford city manager.
Zimmerman’s statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck tomeet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Zimmerman-Martin-Shooting

any and everything GZ says and said. We already know he has terrible judgment and observational skills after telling 911 that Trayvon was a dangerous, suspicious criminal up to no good so his observations are suspect and subject to being dismissed as not credible or accurate.

(911 call) GZ: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there's this real suspicious guy retreat view circle, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something -- he's just walking around, looking about..

<snipped for brevity>
[/QUOTE]

Dangerous criminal? Why? Is it not bad enough as it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe