FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Florida, a 10 day out of school suspension is the maximum sentence. They can't give a longer or more serious sentence. And was TM kicked out of Miramar high school? Someone said they would find the link. I haven't seen anything official yet other than there were big protests there as well.

IMO :moo: TM was no angel, far from it
IMO :moo: GZ was too eager and overzealous to be right about TM
IMO :moo: The Police and all higher ups are dead wrong for not investigating.
IMO :moo: It did not have to become a national race trial :nono:
IMO :moo: NOW we have 2 victims here
IMO :moo: there will be no winners no matter when or what occurs. :(

I feel sory for TM's parents.
I feel sory for the Zimmerman family.
I am mad as hell at the LAWS. :maddening:

BBM

WHY?? Because he did not want to be shot by someone before any facts were known about who he was and what he was doing there????

hmmmm..........
Yeah, he was potentially a victim of that already that night when he was jumped from behind and allegedly almost had his own gun used against him.

There is also the possibility that TM saw the gun and tried to grab it and they struggled over who was going to get it first. I don't think GZ would just shoot him for no reason. I really don't. He never shot at anyone before this. Why now?

It's entirely possible. Even probable. I would probably try to do the same if I thought someone were going to shoot me. I just keep going back to my original point - GZ never had to leave his vehicle in the first place.

Not really. More than one witnesses spoke of it being "dark" and that they couldn't be sure, it was not just the one.

And how far away from the individuals were these witnesses? I'll take either feet or yards. TIA.

There is also the possibility that TM saw the gun and tried to grab it and they struggled over who was going to get it first. I don't think GZ would just shoot him for no reason. I really don't. He never shot at anyone before this. Why now?

Because "they always get away".......and this time he was not going to let that happen. We don't know what sort of mind set this person who was infatuated we LE had.

Actually, that would be getting into a problem territory as far as the Stand Your Ground law if TM threw the first punch (therefore he attacked GZ first).
He was being approached by a stranger with a gun. If he felt threatened, why would he not be allowed to stand his ground?

Well if TM gave him lip and then decked him, which we know by the 911 tapes would have come after GZ had followed him, that is just fine because he probably felt threatened and was standing his ground.

So you agree with the stand your ground law ?

MIAMI (AP) -- The funeral director who oversaw slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin's burial says the body bore no signs of a fight.

Richard Kurtz says there were no notable marks on Martin's hands, face or body other than the gunshot wound that killed him. Kurtz says he expected to see some marks if Martin had been in a fight.

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007081955719/#ixzz1qcO83u7F

Wonder what the coroner's report says versus what the family hired funeral director says. The coroner did have the body first and I am sure cleaned it up some.

That's the part I struggle with. I can't say that GZ purposely gunned him down, not at this point. My gut tells me it's exactly like you say, there was a confrontation, TM wasn't going to back down, struggle, gun comes out then the shot.

I wonder if there is going to be any way to determine when that gun came out?

Maybe the have been following along like we have? Maybe they see the video of GZ with no visible injuries and read that the funeral director said Tray had not been in a fight and realize, Hey wait a minute, this whole "self defense" thing is a crock. Maybe they realize if GZ had simply stayed in his car and not played cop.......Tray would still be alive. I wasn't there but what I have seen so far, tells me it was unjustified.

YAP a lot of maybe's all over this case.
MAYBE'S do not make Conclusions.
MAYBES should create reason for extensive investigations.

Still doesn't make it self defense/SYG. The choices were all GZ's when he made the choice to go after him with that loaded weapon. And what he himself said on the 911 call bears out his intent, in my opinion.

And just because he hadn't shot anyone before doesn't mean much, in my opinion. He has gone after people before, has acted aggressively, he chased someone down in his car, there are other examples.

JMHO

It's entirely possible. Even probable. I would probably try to do the same if I thought someone were going to shoot me. I just keep going back to my original point - GZ never had to leave his vehicle in the first place.

And Trayvon never had to assault him, if that is what happened. IMO
If TM threw the first punch, he was the aggressor.

Still doesn't make it self defense/SYG. The choices were all GZ's when he made the choice to go after him with that loaded weapon. And what he himself said on the 911 call bears out his intent, in my opinion.

And just because he hadn't shot anyone before doesn't mean much, in my opinion. He has gone after people before, has acted aggressively, he chased someone down in his car, there are other examples.

JMHO

If someone throws a punch at you first, it's not self defense? I'm just wanting clarity on what exactly is self defense if it's not that?

I am not sure I understand how you can characterize TM as a "nice kid" because he looks sweet in the horseback riding photo or the one with the girl in the last thread, but on the flip side, you can be enraged at GZ for thinking the worst about seeing a strange boy walking around his neighborhood.

You are summing up based on the way someone looks just like GZ did, but this does not mean ANYTHING about character. Have you read TM's twitter accounts? He was not a nice kid imo.

Whether he was a good kid or a bad kid matters not. It didn't give GZ the right to shoot and kill him. GZ had no idea what kind of kid he was.

Suspensions don't mean a child is "bad".

His supsensions or his Twitter account have no bearing on this case. I'm very befuddled as to how you can't seem to understand this.

:moo:

Why was GZ wearing handcuffs? Was he arrested and charges dropped?

And Trayvon never had to assault him, if that is what happened. IMO
If TM threw the first punch, he was the aggressor.

Regardless of what transpired before the punch was thrown? What if GZ had pulled his gun and pointed it at TM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123