FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he sat on this kid, subdued him and then shot him in the chest? Even though two women witnesses came out of their home three times during the incident? He is just going to pull out a gun and shoot someone in cold blood for no reason in front of witness's.

I think they came out AFTER the incident.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. I could care less what was on Trayvon's twitter account just as I could care less what was on Zimmerman's if he had one. That's completely irrelevant to the facts that took place on the evening of 02/26/2012. I can't speak for anyone else but when I see pictures of Trayvon, I see a whole future full of promise gone down the drain because of the actions of one man who decided it was okay to play God.

~jmo~

The family's attorney, Benjamin Crump said the Twitter account referred to by Daily Mail/Daily Caller is NOT TRAYVON’S & they've spoken with Twitter about it. So, not his account or tweets! :D
Crump spoke at parents' Wash DC press conf 3/27, was on HLN Special Report- last 10 min (I dvr’d & watched)… couldn't find transcript at hln...
- - - -
"The Conservative news site the Daily Caller and the blog the Wagist claim they have unearthed a Twitter account, which has since been taken down, that belonged to the teen. The site says Trayvon went by the Twitter handle NO_LIMIT_*****."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

George never told the 911 dispatcher that Martin was looking suspicious for being in the rain and never said anything about seeing him on someones property.

Or we could put it another way.....You do not have the right to chase someone down so that you have to shoot them. Maybe that will make sense to some.

I still wonder why the homocide detective felt it was not justified that very night?????? jmo
The homicide detective DID think there should be charges. It was Wolfinger, Lee and O'Connor that had a private meeting behind closed doors and came out to say - Nope, not enough evidence - cut him loose.

I'm not sure about the narc detective. He was the first to talk with GZ - and I can't recall - but I think he said it was self defense or whatever.

JMHO

Yes, there was an autopsy. Nancy Grace said so last night, and it was confirmed by the funeral director.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/trayvon_martin_funeral_director_DItBKrvBY6dlsGi5HD9bWL

Richard Kurtz told CNN's Nancy Grace on Wednesday that Martin had a gunshot wound to his upper chest, but any other injury would have been difficult to detect because an autopsy was performed on the teen's body before he received it.

"As for his hands and knuckles, I don't see any evidence he had been fighting anybody," Kurtz said.

A Volusia County spokesman, Dave Byron, has confirmed that an autopsy was performed by them, but those results could take more than 30 days to be released. Results will not be unsealed until the investigation becomes "inactive."

OK, so the funeral director did NOT say there were absolutely no sign's of a fight on Trayvon's body, that was just someone else's "interpretation".

But as you pointed out.....since I don't know exactly how many feet away any given witness was, the one that said TM was on top might have been the farther away than the other two. We don't know that's why we speculate.
He said it was right outside his back door, iirc.

Or we could put it another way.....You do not have the right to chase someone down so that you have to shoot them. Maybe that will make sense to some.

I still wonder why the homocide detective felt it was not justified that very night?????? jmo

It will be in his report. That report has not been leaked yet because it does not support the decision. IMO

If someone throws a punch at you first, it's not self defense? I'm just wanting clarity on what exactly is self defense if it's not that?

So anyone who throws a punch is automatically the aggressor?

What if you're getting mugged? What if someone is trying to rape someone? What if someone is trying to rob you? You throw a punch and that makes it self defense for them if those people shoot and kill you?

You're saying that Trayvon would have had had no right to be afraid or fear for his life?

I don't think it's necessarily the aggressor as much as the First Aggressor.

If I'm a mugger and I decide to go after you with a loaded weapon, after deciding that you're an effin ****, and you're one of those *advertiser censored***** , you see me following you in my car then on foot, as a mugger, when I come upon you, you throw a punch, does that make me any less a mugger? Was my intent still not to mug you? The mugger had the choice not to follow you, You didn't have the choice not to be followed by someone with ill intent.

JMHO

This whole back and forth is beginning to remind me the nursery rhythm "for want of a nail".

I mean how hard is it to understand that when advised by LE that you don't need to follow someone, you don't follow :waitasec:?

Sent from LG Esteem using Tapatalk

It wasn't a lawful order.
If Zimmerman was told not to continue to follow Trayvon, can that be considered in thisinvestigation?
Yes it will; however, the telecommunications call taker asked Zimmerman “are you followinghim”. Zimmerman replied, “yes”. The call taker stated “you don’t need to do that”. The calltaker’s suggestion is not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be required to follow.Zimmerman’s statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck tomeet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Zimmerman-Martin-Shooting

Yeah, he was potentially a victim of that already that night when he was jumped from behind and allegedly almost had his own gun used against him.

"Potentially" and "allegedly" being the key words here.

OK, so the funeral director did NOT say there were absolutely no sign's of a fight on Trayvon's body, that was just someone else's "interpretation".

No, he said he saw no signs of a fight on the body. It will be in the NG transcript.

There are reports that he chased people down in his car ? Where can I find that info ?
Is there any evidence that the weapon was even visible before the physical altercation ?

According to the latest iteration by GZ's surrogates, TM saw the gun and then said something like "you are going to die tonight" and then attempted to take the gun away from GZ, a struggle ensues, forcing GZ to shoot TM. Those are not my words, but the words of GZ's brother. I find this totally unplausible.

I have a question.
I would love an answer.

Is there anything that shows GZ is a racist?

Besides the word that NOBODY understands. Could have been racist but its not clear.

Is there ANYTHING else?

Because post after post I read
"this racist" and "wanted to shoot a black kid" and "black kid in a hoodie".

Is there anything that shows GZ is a racist?

The race issue is out of hand. With NO evidence GZ is even racist.

So he sat on this kid, subdued him and then shot him in the chest? Even though two women witnesses came out of their home three times during the incident? He is just going to pull out a gun and shoot someone in cold blood for no reason in front of witness's.

Accordig to GZ's brother no one came out to help so how could there be any witnesses?

Lots of people are in a car going someplace.

AND there was a thirteen year old boy out walking his dog.....but then I guess we can assume that it was because his parents don't care about him....or that he had time to walk the dog because he was suspended from school and had no homework.....or that he was just a "bad kid" because only a bad kid would go out at 7 pm to walk the dog in the rain instead of thinking ahead to get that done before it rained...etc. etc.......

I am being sarcastic of course....but I was in Florida on a January day when it was raining and I walked back to my hotel from a restaurant ......and passed many other people out going to and from stores and restaurants.....AND there were people on the beach at NIGHT!!!!

Several years ago I attended an Orange Bowl game in Florida....at 7 pm at night.....in a drizzling rain.....with about 70,000 other very suspicious people.....most of whom were wearing hoodies of one team or the other!!!!

people in the family were likely aware of. The family is black, their son is shot dead near the front door of the house where he was staying and the man who shot him is not arrested. The unfortunate, but all too likely conclusion many black families would draw from that is that race was involved. Especially when they discover the guy called police on their son for being "suspicious" and followed him with a gun etc.

Additionally, who else would they call? Prosecutors work for the state. The police who didn't arrest anyone work for the state. They don't need a defense attorney. They obviously, to me anyway, needed a civil rights attorney who has dealt with racial inequity in the justice system. That doesn't mean they KNEW there was racial inequity but that this was a possibility that needed to be investigated. Obviously, many people agreed as now there are additional investigations going on and the police chief has stepped down. So, for whatever reason the family contacted the attorney, they obviously did the right thing. It is their right to hire an attorney isn't it? Zimmerman hired an attorney why can't the family of the dead boy hire one too?

Looking back, I see this report:

After getting few answers from police, Martin’s grieving family has hired an attorney and is publicizing his death on CNN, Good Morning America and other national media outlets.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/08/2684419/shooting-mystery-miami-dade-teen.html

That makes eminent sense to me. I'm glad they acted as quickly as they did. It smelled bad from the get go and they were smart and savvy enough to know the longer they waited the more could be swept under the rug. Police misconduct relies on people not noticing or caring. I don't know if there was police misconduct here but I know if I was a black parent whose son was gunned down by a neighborhood vigilante type and not arrested or charged with anything I would be speed dialing anyone I could to get answers and preserve evidence and shine a light on what occurred. The authorities here seemed to believe no one would notice or care. I say that because there wasn't even crime scene tape put around the site and there still is no evidence of a thorough investigation and no release of the autopsy report etc.

The first thing the attorney did was to file to get public records. That's what needed to be done. He knew how to do it. The family likely didn't. Whether or not the authorities did anything wrong the attorney knew how to ferret out the information from them that would otherwise stay hidden.

Here is the bio for the attorney that was contacted 2 days after he shooting....

http://parkscrump.com/attorneys/benjamin-crump/

And if you read his bio, I think it's safe to say, if this case wasn't about race to begin with, it sure was on day 2 when this man was contacted.

Snipped:

Mr. Crump is a frequent author and speaker. He has recently published an article entitled “The Police don’t shoot White Men in the Back, Representing Minority Victims in Police Brutality Cases."

IMO this is where the White vs. Black stuff started. Not that inaudible word GZ may or may not have said.

Everybody wants to call GZ a racist because of a word that we can't even hear clearly.

From that article, linked in the previous thread (I'll find it if y'all want a link) this attorney has been a big part of calling for rallies and protests.

Take this attorney, JJ, AS, and he Black Panthers, how is it not RACIAL???

JMO

If you see an unfamiliar black teenager in a hoodie walking home, by all means you have the right to lock your doors.

You do not, however, have the right to chase him down with your gun and shoot him.

Not a question of Black or white, if you have any suspicions at all you lock everything up. That is what I did and it proved - I was right on.

According to the latest iteration by GZ's surrogates, TM saw the gun and then said something like "you are going to die tonight" and then attempted to take the gun away from GZ, a struggle ensues, forcing GZ to shoot TM. Those are not my words, but the words of GZ's brother. I find this totally unplausible.

I find it absolutely ridiculous... An insult to my intelligence as well as an insult to everyone else who heard him make that statement..JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123