FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong here, I'm no legal eagle, but the front page of the affidavit says the offense date is 4/1/09. The offense is 1st degree murder. But from everything else we have read, including Sheriff Gee's statement, Abraham Shakespeare was murdered somewhere between 4/6 - 4/7/2009. In fact there are people who say they had seen him after 4/1/09 in the media. Did they get the date wrong? It would be easy enough to prove she did not murder him on 4/1/09 if he is still alive on 4/2/09 and people saw him.

I figured this is due to not having the "actual" date, only an estimation. Although, I did wonder myself why they didn't just use 4/6 or 4/7 instead of 4/1.
I am so overwhelmed right now. I missed all this breaking last night. I hit the bed REALLY early. Serves me right lol I'm usually on here reading around 11pm before i go to bed, just in case there's anything on the newscasts. Oh well. I'm going to finish reading the posts, then I have some questions & comments.

I figured this is due to not having the "actual" date, only an estimation. Although, I did wonder myself why they didn't just use 4/6 or 4/7 instead of 4/1.
I am so overwhelmed right now. I missed all this breaking last night. I hit the bed REALLY early. Serves me right lol I'm usually on here reading around 11pm before i go to bed, just in case there's anything on the newscasts. Oh well. I'm going to finish reading the posts, then I have some questions & comments.

Have you read the 22 page affidavit yet? Took me about an hour to read, reread, try to absorb.

Oh my goodness. I am shocked, and overwhelmed right now. That might sound weird, but I am. I guess reading the affidavit and seeing it all there like that, now as written fact, it's so shocking to me that a Plant City country gal like that could be capable of such deceit, lies, MURDER, etc. The horrible list of words that I could include is long and extensive, you all know what I mean.

It's been a shock to me, that you could be in restaurants, stores, standing in line at the post office, and that there are people, right here in our little town who are doing things that would shock the socks off us. It's scary and here lately, since the arrest, I've been even more aware. You just do not know what drives people to turn out like that.

I am devastated for her family. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now. Her poor son. The fact she blamed him for the murder. UGH. She should rot underneath the prison for the remainder of her life, just for not doing everything she could to protect her child. Children are a gift from God and anyone not doing everything they can to protect their children aren't worth the air they breathe.

I am creeped out that the reports say she SMILED when the judge said no bond. I wonder if maybe it was mistaken for a smile. Like someone on here said, she scrunches up her face when "upset" but doesn't cry. Maybe it was that and they mistaked it for a smile??

Have you read the 22 page affidavit yet? Took me about an hour to read, reread, try to absorb.

I did....I'm sure I read through it too quickly though. I'll read it again later, when my brain absorbs this shock first. I knew all of this pretty much to be the case, we all did, but somehow, just reading it, kinda shocked me. I didn't expect that, really.

All those articles you all posted the links to are now gone. Is there any way you can copy them and post here? I wonder why they were pulled?? Any ideas?

Also, what about the fact that AS was murdered & buried around 4/6 and the property wasn't purchased from the prior owners till 4/30??? That's a biggie if you ask me, and it hasn't been brought into play at all yet.

Also, what about the fact that AS was murdered & buried around 4/6 and the property wasn't purchased from the prior owners till 4/30??? That's a biggie if you ask me, and it hasn't been brought into play at all yet.

I agree with you on this. We had discussed this before on the site and even with the affidavit, I don't feel it has been explained. I'll go back and read again and see if it is explained. If the body was buried there while Richard Land still owned the land, how does that happen?

Good think I printed out this article. Page can no longer be found? What's up with that? I wonder if it actually went to press. I would really like to have an actual copy of that paper since they decided to pull the article.

Still on their search site:
http://www.tampabay.com/google/sear...:9&ie=UTF-8&q=Howard+Stitzel&choices=site#950

Results 1 - 10 for Howard Stitzel. (0.15 seconds)

Investigation of Lotto winner's death entangles lawyer who 'hit ...Feb 19, 2010 ... PLANT CITY — Howard Stitzel lived large in this small town. He practiced law with a former state House speaker, raised money for Republican ...
www.tampabay.com/news/courts/probe-of.../1074496 - 11 hours ago

but go there and the article is gone.

Cache link.

Well, bless your heart! You are the bomb. If the article is going to disappear, is there any way to turn it into a PFD format and save it? Other than scanning it in, that is.

Sure is.

Attachments

• Stitzel hit the skids.pdf
    96.7 KB · Views: 26
I have to agree, it does look like a smile. Although she could be biting at her lips and they caught her in what looks like a smile.....I just can't imagine smiling when at an arraignment for murdering someone :waitasec:

Ok, in the article at that link it says the $1 million she transferred was the trust fund for Moses?

*snip*

"... Moore had contacted The Ledger to detail how a $1 million trust fund was being managed for his 8-year-old son, Moses...."

THAT was the mil she got?

ETA link to this page.

I figured I'd upload the Affidavit in case it disappears from BN9.

Wow. Just WOW.
Oh, what a tangled web......RIP, Abraham; fry, DD.

Kudos to WS members who worked so long and hard on this case.
Kudos to LE for arrest and murder charges against DD.

Truth is stranger than fiction, huh?

All this time I thought at the very least his son still had a trust.

What a horrible person. Only one step below child killers

Great day of justice for Shakespeare. Noticed how the amount embezzled from shakespeare has now been increased from 2 mil to more than 3 mil per affidavit. I still think it was probably more. Wonder if Troy will reveal what really was in the safe box. Cash and unrecorded loans? Any reason why no mention of officer Troy in affidavit.

Speculation. Will D Howard Stitzel be the next one to be arrested?

Another thing that caught my eye in the affidavit, are the various banks involved and their operating procedures. It appears to me IMO due diligence was not entirely followed.

Wow. Just WOW.
Oh, what a tangled web......RIP, Abraham; fry, DD.

Kudos to WS members who worked so long and hard on this case.
Kudos to LE for arrest and murder charges against DD.

Truth is stranger than fiction, huh?

BBM
No truer words have been spoken. It's just bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321