FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong also, but there was an audio of her. Her video of her questioning AS. Alot of stuff of her in the Ledger. Yeah all the me,me,me,me,me articles.

Yep, it may have been an audio with still photos that I'm remembering with reporters.

Either way, there's no doubt in my mind that there was enough press about Abraham's disappearance in that area from November on that the ex would have known DDM was involved.

From the criminal affidavit: Big snip
"On January 28, 2010, Detective Thomas of the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office and Detective Wallace ofthe Polk County Sheriffs Office conducted an interview with Dee Dee Moore's ex-husband, James Moore. Mr. Moore stated that Dee Dee Moore asked him to recommend the type of equipment to clear her land at 5802 Hwy. 60 Plant City, Florida. He suggested a tractor with attachments, however she purchased a Case Backhoe on April 3, 2009 at a Lakeland Auction. Dee Dee Moore paid James Moore approximately $100 to pick-up the backhoe and deliver the same to her property on highway 60, utilizing his family's flat bed trailer. Dee Dee Moore called James Moore during the first two weeks of April, 2009, and requested that he come to her property at 5802 Highway 60 and utilize the purchased Case backhoe to dig a hole for concrete and trash."
I just noticed that this backhoe was purchased on 4/3/09. The police had said that Abraham had died sometime between 4/6 - 4/7/09. If that is true, does anybody else see premediatation in her purchase 3-4 days prior to his death? It also makes me go back to page 1 of the affidavit where they state that the offense date was 4/1/09.
I see one of 3 possibilities here. People's memories about dates are not always correct as time goes on. Either people are wrong about the last time they saw him and he was killed prior to 4/3/09 when she bought the backhoe and she needed a way to dig a hole and bury his body, OR she knew on 4/3/09 she was going to kill him so she bought the backhoe to have it ready for when she did OR she bought the backhoe on 4/3/09 just as a random purchase to bury some trash and, oh, my, didn't it come in handy 3 days later.
So, which door is the true answer behind for when and why Dorice Moore bought that backhoe? Door 1: Premeditated murder and he died between 4/6-4/7; Door 2: he was already dead by 4/3/09 and she needed to bury his body and the criminal affidavit date of offense of 4/1/09 is correct, or Door 3: What a lucky coincidence I just happen to have a backhoe handy when a person is murdered on my property?
What do you think?
Also, to my recollection from what the media had said at the time, but I believe I remember it mentioned, James Moore came forward to the police when he saw on TV that there was a crime scene at the address he had dug the hole at and showed the police where he dug the hole and cooperated with the police during their search. He is listed as a witness in this case, not as a conspirator.
I can not imagine of how badly he must feel to have to deal with his wife (they were not divorced until 6/09) involving him in this mess, finding out after the fact that he had buried a human being, his now ex-wife blaming their own son for the murder, and a person that he shared part of his life with and had a child with now being charged with first degree murder. It is not how you expect it to end up when you say, "I do."[/QUOTE]

BBM
I want to add, that they had been separated quite a long time prior to the divorce being finalized. I want to say someone (a poster, or possibly it was in a news article) indicated Shar & DDM were an item in 2007. I know for a fact they were separated at the beginning of 2007 or end of 2006.

4/03/2009 was also the date that Judith Haggins became POA for Shakespeare. Per the affidavit , Shakespeare was present during the notarizing. He might have been signing his own proverbial death warrant at that time. Ms Haggins continued to be an enforcer for DDM after that. Collecting payments on loans and even repossessing Shakespeare's ford pick up from Ms Butler(previously given for use to Ms Butler in April) in May, utilizing her POA. DDM sold the truck a month later.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20091205/NEWS/912055047
Yes I just checked this is the link to DDM's video tape of her asking AS all the questions. look to the left of the page and click on that little video window.

Hello, I have been reading all the forums posted about AS from the beginning...I am new here and I have to say you people are exellent! I just want to Know if anyone knows exactly when DD recorded AS in that video? I noticed The whole time he's looking at his phone answering her questions,when DD asks him was he tired of people asking for money he looks right at her! then answers the question.Later on in the video he points at her as if to say something until she says something over his comment.In my opinion his body language tells me" IM TALKING ABOUT YOU TO DD".Maybe its just my imagination...

4/03/2009 was also the date that Judith Haggins became POA for Shakespeare. Per the affidavit , Shakespeare was present during the notarizing. He might have been signing his own proverbial death warrant at that time. Ms Haggins continued to be an enforcer for DDM after that. Collecting payments on loans and even repossessing Shakespeare's ford pick up from Ms Butler(previously given for use to Ms Butler in April) in May, utilizing her POA. DDM sold the truck a month later.

I thought Judith Haggins had POA way before that point? If not, then that makes her look really guilty of shady dealings as well.

Hello, I have been reading all the forums posted about AS from the beginning...I am new here and I have to say you people are exellent! I just want to Know if anyone knows exactly when DD recorded AS in that video? I noticed The whole time he's looking at his phone answering her questions,when DD asks him was he tired of people asking for money he looks right at her! then answers the question.Later on in the video he points at her as if to say something until she says something over his comment.In my opinion his body language tells me" IM TALKING ABOUT YOU TO DD".Maybe its just my imagination...

We really scrutinized that date a few weeks back, actually, and to the best of MY deciphering, it was 3/28/09. If you view the video again, and look at the TV monitor of the security cameras that he's looking at, the date is clearly 3/28, but it's a little hard to tell if it's 09 or 08. I definitely think it's 09, and that would have made it approx 1 week before his death. Makes sense, now that we know when he died.

Oh yeah, and bgoddessi, if you haven't already, send a private message to Tricia, the site owner, so you can be verified.

Yep, it may have been an audio with still photos that I'm remembering with reporters.

Either way, there's no doubt in my mind that there was enough press about Abraham's disappearance in that area from November on that the ex would have known DDM was involved.

BBM
I'm only commenting to the point about the press issue. I live in the same town where all this went down, and I didn't hear about any of it until January, like 2 or 3 days before I registered here (because I was reading ALL the posts). I even told two mutual friends who knew DM & JM and THEY hadn't heard about it prior either!!!

BBM
I'm only commenting to the point about the press issue. I live in the same town where all this went down, and I didn't hear about any of it until January, like 2 or 3 days before I registered here (because I was reading ALL the posts). I even told two mutual friends who knew DM & JM and THEY hadn't heard about it prior either!!!
That's pretty sad, cuz I live in California and I have heard alot about it. Another thing that bugs me is AS couldn't be bothered with Dmoore asking him questions in the video. Seems to me he was just not liking the question answer thing.

That's pretty sad, cuz I live in California and I have heard alot about it. Another thing that bugs me is AS couldn't be bothered with Dmoore asking him questions in the video. Seems to me he was just not liking the question answer thing.

It probably seemed weird to him that she would be filming him while asking those sorts of questions. I would wonder why she was holding a phone up at me and recording my responses, since obviously she had no other videos of him (at least none that's been released). I've seen that video several times prior, and he looked uncomfortable to me, not like he couldn't be bothered.

Also, I don't think it's 'sad' that a person doesn't hear about a news story. It's obvious they weren't talking about it on every single newscast back in November/December/beginning of January. The news is filled with much devastating stuff (I have been reminded of that again as I've watched many more newscasts in the last month waiting for more news on this case) and some people (myself for one) have better things to do than to watch it everyday.

Funny how the opinions of people can be so different.

It doesn't have anything to do with "having better things to do" We are on a website giving our opinions. All I am saying is I find it odd that I am in California and hear alot about this crime. You seem to contradict yourself. You watch many of newscasts in the last month waiting for inf0, but then you have better things to do than to watch it everyday. Why so on the defensive?

It doesn't have anything to do with "having better things to do" We are on a website giving our opinions. All I am saying is I find it odd that I am in California and hear alot about this crime. You seem to contradict yourself. You watch many of newscasts in the last month waiting for inf0, but then you have better things to do than to watch it everyday. Why so on the defensive?

What I was saying is that I didn't know anything at all about what was going on, until I accidentally caught it on the news in late January. then, after online searches, I found this site and did all the reading to catch up with all the goings on, then registered and started posting.
Yes, I have watched the news more often this past month, following this case. But prior to the end of January when I found out about it, I almost never watched the news. I still don't watch it daily. This is the difference between a local not hearing anything about it prior to end of January, and someone else hearing about it since November.
It's as simple as, if you follow the news daily, and I'm not just speaking about this last month, I'm speaking GENERALLY, then you are bound to hear about something that someone like me wouldn't.

BBM

LOL, that time period was Tiger time till ad nauseam. If you only listen to the news on TV, you could have easily missed it. Personally I prefer my news from the puter, no commercial interruptions plus I can bypass the same old ole, ole..

Investigatingthecase, I so appreciate all that you did on this case. I live in this community and Lakeland is really such a nice city. When things like this murder of Abraham or the kidnapping of the pilot take place in Polk County, you guys always seem to be able to get the job of finding the bad guys and putting them behind bars done. Although crime happens everywhere and cannot be avoided no matter where you move, I appreciate the fact that Polk County has an excellent Sheriff's Department with a Sheriff, detectives, and officers who seem to take it personally when crime is committed in our county and continue to perserve until the criminal is behind bars. You, personally, did a great job on this case and as a resident of Polk County, I appreciate your hard work. Thank you.
Thanks for the props Susan, but the work is not yet done....trust me. I can not even come close to taking the credit alone. There are many others who worked their butts off, and still are, that helped bring closure to this case. You guys on here need to pat yourselves on the back as well.....

Dee Dee Moore called James Moore during the first two weeks of April, 2009, and requested that he come to her property at 5802 Highway 60 and utilize the purchased Case backhoe to dig a hole for concrete and trash.

James Moore stated that originally Dee Dee Moore asked the hole to be dug directly behind the rear door of 5732 Highway 60. However, James Moore suggested not to dig there due to the close proximity to the house, therefore Dee Dee Moore pointed out the location behind 5802 Highway 60 and directed him where to dig as well as how large of a hole.

James Moore stated that he left after digging the hole. He was called by Dee Dee Moore 1 to 2 hours later to fill the hole in. James Moore stated it was getting dark and he did not see a body in the hole, but rather assumed it was chunks of concrete due to there being a lack of light and having dug previous holes on her property before.

Darn, she wanted to bury Shakespeare right outside the backdoor of the house where the murder occurred? Wonder what size she specified to James. Like six feet long by 3 feet wide and 5 feet deep? Construction debris could be deposed off in a rented large garbage thingy and hauled away when full. Lot cheaper than buying a back hoe. [If it would not be so tragic, I would call it hilarious.
I also find it weird that James came back just a few hours later. Why not fill up the hole after he dug it at the same time,since the debris was already there since the size of the hole was already predetermined. Something is very off in this story.

investigatingthecase......i know you can't say alot....but please say ....they will be more arrest to come...

Thanks for the props Susan, but the work is not yet done....trust me. I can not even come close to taking the credit alone. There are many others who worked their butts off, and still are, that helped bring closure to this case. You guys on here need to pat yourselves on the back as well.....

Hey, you're back! It is really great to see you here again. I figured you were still checking in on us from time to time but I was just missing you. And you do deserve the props. All of you do. As ACR would say, you guys and gals are the bomb. ;)

investigatingthecase......i know you can't say alot....but please say ....they will be more arrest to come...
I assure all of you this case is very much still an active ongoing investigation..........thats about all I can for now........

You were right from the beginning. I read the 22 page criminal affidavit and I was truly astounded.
I am quite aware you cannot say much other than hello, so I'm not asking any questions. But I'll tell you what, that Howard Stitzel talking to Abraham on 10/6/09, 6 months after he was murdered, well that was quite a trick. I had thought he had only told the Ledger that. Then I read the criminal affidavit. He told the police the same thing. I remember when I first read it in the Ledger my thinking that Abraham was probably okay then since his lawyer had just spoken with him only about a month before. I'm use to believing that lawyers tell the truth. Hello. Time to get up and smell the coffee. There went his credibility with me.
By the time I read the affidavit, not much would surprise me that Dorice would do. After she blamed her own child for the murder, to me she had sunk about as low as a person could go. But it did surprise me that a lawyer would interfere with an active police investigation by lieing to them. I would think that is some kind of ethical violation.
Anyways, ya'll are the greatest and very much appreciated. Thank you.

I've known about this case since the first article was published in the Ledger, which was either late November or early December, but that's only because I get the Ledger for X-mas ads for those 2 months. Then I cancel because I hate to recycle and I don't have much time to read it daily. So I've been following the story for awhile. I've checked back through the threads and I don't believe that other than the Ledger that Dorice Moore's name was associated with the case until early January when the Sheriff's Office named her a person of interest. At that time, or shortly after, it did start going national. I remember wondering why the local stations weren't picking it up earlier on. The Ledger had done a great job of following the story. We have a local news station in Tampa that won't even tell you the person's name until they are charged so that even when she became a person of interest they didn't say her name. So, I do believe that it is possible if you don't get the Ledger, it might have taken people awhile to find out about the story. The Ledger is a Lakeland paper and James Moore does not live in Lakeland. According to the criminal affidavit he is cooperating with the police and is a witness for the state.
I do wonder about the interview I saw with Richard Land on the news. I thought I heard him say that she told him there was a body buried there. So I thought he was the one who came forward and told the police that Abraham was buried there. But after reading the affidavit, that's not the way it went down at all. If I heard it right and if he did say that, why didn't he go to the police and let them know immediately after she said it? He didn't say when she told him, though. And I'm still really curious to know why she would bury him there when according to the deed, I thought Shar didn't own that land until the end of April. I can't imagine letting someone come and bury someone in my yard. I don't get that. She buries him there in the beginning of April and doesn't buy the house till the end of April? What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme