FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...(SBM) after online searches, I found this site and did all the reading to catch up with all the goings on, then registered and started posting...(SBM)

glitering_sign.gif

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...th-entangles-lawyer-who-hit-the-skids/1074496
Okay, guys and gals, they brought back the Howard Stitzel article. Kudos to Tampabay.com for running it.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20100221/NEWS/2215060/1410?Title=Lottery-Money-Entangles-Lawyer
And finally, the Ledger has decided to print this story as well. With a picture of Howard, a picture that has been posted on these threads long before this latest publicity along with information the posters here have been saying for awhile. There are some new things in the story, though.
I did a search through the criminal affidavit and according to my search, Stitzel's name is mentioned 50 times in taht document. That averages more than 2 times a page.
Stitzel's attorney is still saying foolish things in the article. The point isn't whether Stitzel knew or did not know if Abraham was alive. The point was he told the police that he talked to him 6 months after he was murdered. He hampered an active missing person investigation. Whether he knew or did not know if Abraham was alive, he still did not talk to Abraham in October 2009.
This man had an awesome career. He was respected and trusted. And now he doesn't even have office space. I am wondering how much of an impact the death of both his father and his mother in a car crash here in Florida a few years back had on him and if the downhill slide started then.
This man can say he was victimized all he wants to, but he is the one who helped transfer most, if not all, of Abraham's property and assets to Dorice Moore. Abraham was the victim here. Not David Howard Stitzel.
All I can say is, isn't Karma a b1t@h? What goes around, comes around.

I understand all that, but wouldn't there be red flags for you when the millionaire was missing and your ex wife was on tv trying to convince people that he wanted to leave cuz people were bugging him for money? I know that would make me think twice.

Millionaire, missing.
Now ex-wife, "friend" of said millionaire, has a new home (HIS home), a new business property (where AS was found), new hummer, her boyfriend has new car & plus the toys neighbors said were parked in driveway, back taxes paid in full......Hmm. Medicall Staffing was booming in 2009, I guess.

I've known about this case since the first article was published in the Ledger, which was either late November or early December, but that's only because I get the Ledger for X-mas ads for those 2 months. Then I cancel because I hate to recycle and I don't have much time to read it daily. So I've been following the story for awhile. I've checked back through the threads and I don't believe that other than the Ledger that Dorice Moore's name was associated with the case until early January when the Sheriff's Office named her a person of interest. At that time, or shortly after, it did start going national. I remember wondering why the local stations weren't picking it up earlier on. The Ledger had done a great job of following the story. We have a local news station in Tampa that won't even tell you the person's name until they are charged so that even when she became a person of interest they didn't say her name. So, I do believe that it is possible if you don't get the Ledger, it might have taken people awhile to find out about the story. The Ledger is a Lakeland paper and James Moore does not live in Lakeland. According to the criminal affidavit he is cooperating with the police and is a witness for the state.
I do wonder about the interview I saw with Richard Land on the news. I thought I heard him say that she told him there was a body buried there. So I thought he was the one who came forward and told the police that Abraham was buried there. But after reading the affidavit, that's not the way it went down at all. If I heard it right and if he did say that, why didn't he go to the police and let them know immediately after she said it? He didn't say when she told him, though. And I'm still really curious to know why she would bury him there when according to the deed, I thought Shar didn't own that land until the end of April. I can't imagine letting someone come and bury someone in my yard. I don't get that. She buries him there in the beginning of April and doesn't buy the house till the end of April? What's up with that?

It's quite possible he could be involved. It has seemed shady to me the entire time, due to the dates involved. I believe you did hear right, because I believe I remember that as well. It was an interview just after the body was found, wasn't it? I'm sure LE is still trying to piece together this extensive picture of mortgages, purchases, lies.....I just hope they have a rock solid case about everyone involved and that they are punished for their hand in the crimes committed. Even the little ones.

I've known about this case since the first article was published in the Ledger, which was either late November or early December, but that's only because I get the Ledger for X-mas ads for those 2 months. Then I cancel because I hate to recycle and I don't have much time to read it daily. So I've been following the story for awhile. I've checked back through the threads and I don't believe that other than the Ledger that Dorice Moore's name was associated with the case until early January when the Sheriff's Office named her a person of interest. At that time, or shortly after, it did start going national. I remember wondering why the local stations weren't picking it up earlier on. The Ledger had done a great job of following the story. We have a local news station in Tampa that won't even tell you the person's name until they are charged so that even when she became a person of interest they didn't say her name. So, I do believe that it is possible if you don't get the Ledger, it might have taken people awhile to find out about the story. The Ledger is a Lakeland paper and James Moore does not live in Lakeland. According to the criminal affidavit he is cooperating with the police and is a witness for the state.
I do wonder about the interview I saw with Richard Land on the news. I thought I heard him say that she told him there was a body buried there. So I thought he was the one who came forward and told the police that Abraham was buried there. But after reading the affidavit, that's not the way it went down at all. If I heard it right and if he did say that, why didn't he go to the police and let them know immediately after she said it? He didn't say when she told him, though. And I'm still really curious to know why she would bury him there when according to the deed, I thought Shar didn't own that land until the end of April. I can't imagine letting someone come and bury someone in my yard. I don't get that. She buries him there in the beginning of April and doesn't buy the house till the end of April? What's up with that?

BBM
And thank you for that Susan.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...tectives-unravel-lotto-winners-murder/1074797

"But Moore's story soon unraveled with the help of an informer, an undercover cop and her own inability to keep her mouth shut. On Friday, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office arrested her on a charge of first-degree murder."

BBM
I love this line, it is so direct..to the point and I hope that if she gets ole sparky they will eulogize her with this line.lol

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...tectives-unravel-lotto-winners-murder/1074797

"But Moore's story soon unraveled with the help of an informer, an undercover cop and her own inability to keep her mouth shut. On Friday, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office arrested her on a charge of first-degree murder."

BBM
I love this line, it is so direct..to the point and I hope that if she gets ole sparky they will eulogize her with this line.lol

Coffee through my nose, this early in the morning is NOT pleasant. lol.

Susan1,
I remember Land saying something about the body being buried on the property too. I'm trying to find it.

I did run across this though, which we've seen before (BBM): "Land said Moore leased the house next door at 5732 S.R. 60 E. and was planning to operate a paintball business. After he complained about the noise next door, Moore offered to buy his house in March, Land said. Land said he was paid with a check that said Abraham Shakespeare LLC on it. At the time, the name meant nothing until media coverage of Shakespeare's disappearance, Land said. Sometime between the end of March and the beginning of April, Land said, Moore had the slab behind the house poured. Land said he never had a problem with Moore and the only connection they had was the sale of the two-story house."

Which leads me to say that I'm not trying to imply J Moore did anything wrong. He may be a very hard worker that doesn't have time to watch area news or read area newspapers. He may have in fact thought he was burying trash for DDM and totally dismissed it until questioned, never thinking that action on his part was connected with Abraham's disappearance. All that is possible.

There are other possibilities too though.

Just throwing this out there for anyone who may know...

When did Shar and DDM part ways and under what circumstances?

Found it!!

*snipped*

To Richard Land, "it was no shocker" that Moore has been charged with murder. In April, he sold a Plant City property to Moore's boyfriend, Shar Krasniqi – the same property where Shakespeare's remains were found.

Land said he knew where Shakespeare's body was and how the lottery winner had been killed even before the remains were unearthed. He said Moore had told him in phone calls recorded by sheriff's deputies.

"She told me that she never shot the guy," Land said Friday. "She said that when they started digging, they would find him there. She said he was shot, but no one else had said that he was shot or how he was killed."

Land and his wife, Dawn, said deputies began visiting them in November after Shakespeare was reported missing; the couple said they had socialized with Moore and Krasniqi since selling the Plant City property in April.

Dawn Land said investigators encouraged her husband to keep talking with Moore "in case she said anything that would lead them to Shakespeare. At the time, they had no leads. Nothing."

cache link.

The article appears differently now online, therefore the cache link. The comments above have been removed.

Found it!!

*snipped*

To Richard Land, "it was no shocker" that Moore has been charged with murder. In April, he sold a Plant City property to Moore's boyfriend, Shar Krasniqi – the same property where Shakespeare's remains were found.

Land said he knew where Shakespeare's body was and how the lottery winner had been killed even before the remains were unearthed. He said Moore had told him in phone calls recorded by sheriff's deputies.

"She told me that she never shot the guy," Land said Friday. "She said that when they started digging, they would find him there. She said he was shot, but no one else had said that he was shot or how he was killed."

Land and his wife, Dawn, said deputies began visiting them in November after Shakespeare was reported missing; the couple said they had socialized with Moore and Krasniqi since selling the Plant City property in April.

Dawn Land said investigators encouraged her husband to keep talking with Moore "in case she said anything that would lead them to Shakespeare. At the time, they had no leads. Nothing."

cache link.

The article appears differently now online, therefore the cache link. The comments above have been removed.

WOW, blue mermaid, GREAT CATCH on the CACHE !! :woohoo:

The cached article also mentions "The sheriff's office has not released any details about recorded phone conversations."

Now that the prosecutors have Dee Dee's case, they should start releasing some discovery materials. You got to love Florida on their Sunshine law. ;-) We'll have to keep our eyes and ears open for those released documents but somehow I think you all will be right on top of that !! :dance:

ACR

You were right from the beginning. I read the 22 page criminal affidavit and I was truly astounded.
I am quite aware you cannot say much other than hello, so I'm not asking any questions. But I'll tell you what, that Howard Stitzel talking to Abraham on 10/6/09, 6 months after he was murdered, well that was quite a trick. I had thought he had only told the Ledger that. Then I read the criminal affidavit. He told the police the same thing. I remember when I first read it in the Ledger my thinking that Abraham was probably okay then since his lawyer had just spoken with him only about a month before. I'm use to believing that lawyers tell the truth. Hello. Time to get up and smell the coffee. There went his credibility with me.
By the time I read the affidavit, not much would surprise me that Dorice would do. After she blamed her own child for the murder, to me she had sunk about as low as a person could go. But it did surprise me that a lawyer would interfere with an active police investigation by lieing to them. I would think that is some kind of ethical violation.
Anyways, ya'll are the greatest and very much appreciated. Thank you.

the lawyers lie is way more than an ethical violation, he has brken the law.

Just throwing this out there for anyone who may know...

When did Shar and DDM part ways and under what circumstances?

they parted ways according to shar;s mother this january, when or near to the time the body was discovered. til then they lived together. she said he was shocked dd. could do something like this........

they parted ways according to shar;s mother this january, when or near to the time the body was discovered. til then they lived together. she said he was shocked dd. could do something like this........

Yes, guitarman_fl, the information you received is correct! Shar left DM around the 26th or 27th of January. He was shocked at the whole thing, still traumatized and still talking to very little people, including family.

Also, may I add, in response to some other things said on here, if any of you had been intimately involved with someone over two years, then found out all of these things about that person, could any of you, jump back out into the workforce? I think IMO, if it was me, and I was in a position to stay with family/friends and just try to get through all of this for a bit, I'd be unemployed as well. And from what I understand, Shar is NOT living off of any of AS money, and as stated previously by me, he wants NOTHING to do with anything DM gave him or put his name on. This is just IMO...not that it means anything!

Yes, guitarman_fl, the information you received is correct! Shar left DM around the 26th or 27th of January. He was shocked at the whole thing, still traumatized and still talking to very little people, including family.

Also, may I add, in response to some other things said on here, if any of you had been intimately involved with someone over two years, then found out all of these things about that person, could any of you, jump back out into the workforce? I think IMO, if it was me, and I was in a position to stay with family/friends and just try to get through all of this for a bit, I'd be unemployed as well. And from what I understand, Shar is NOT living off of any of AS money, and as stated previously by me, he wants NOTHING to do with anything DM gave him or put his name on. This is just IMO...not that it means anything!

Thank you both. I can certainly understand why Shar would want to distance himself from DDM. Why do you think it took so long? Law Enforcement started talking to her in November, and I'm guessing they talked to Shar as well?

I am sure LE has spoken with Shar. He was Dee Dee's boyfriend. He wound up with a house and a corvette plus a check Dee Dee made to him. Where did he think all of the money came from? Surely there was some pillow talk going on.

I am not going to dismiss Shar so quickly. That is just me, tho.

I was so happy when Dee Dee was charged with First Degree Murder. Let's see if she goes down alone for this murder. I think Stitziel (spelling) will be indited or arrested for conspiracy to defraud, and maybe even Shar for accessory after the fact. I am probably not right about Shar because he may have cut a deal.

Anyway, there is no doubt in my mind that others will be charged as well. I want everyone involved in wrongdoing in relation to Abraham Shakespeare to be prosecuted to the fullest. I have followed this case from the first day and just felt such sympathy for Abraham and his family.

JMO

I am sure LE has spoken with Shar. He was Dee Dee's boyfriend. He wound up with a house and a corvette plus a check Dee Dee made to him. Where did he think all of the money came from? Surely there was some pillow talk going on.

I am not going to dismiss Shar so quickly. That is just me, tho.

I was so happy when Dee Dee was charged with First Degree Murder. Let's see if she goes down alone for this murder. I think Stitziel (spelling) will be indited or arrested for conspiracy to defraud, and maybe even Shar for accessory after the fact. I am probably not right about Shar because he may have cut a deal.

Anyway, there is no doubt in my mind that others will be charged as well. I want everyone involved in wrongdoing in relation to Abraham Shakespeare to be prosecuted to the fullest. I have followed this case from the first day and just felt such sympathy for Abraham and his family.

JMO

well i did not dismiss or point my finger at anyone, just providing info, had it been me, iwould have walked out of town rather than driven the vet, knowing where it came from, but that's just my way of thinking....

A recent article spoke of many people who tried to give Abraham financial advice. He had been referred to accountants, business owners, etc.

I wonder what it was about Dee Dee that got him to trust her.

She must be a great manipulator who invaded his life to where he had a hard time telling her 'no'.

There is a show on TV about 'lottery winners' who have lost it all. This is the saddest tale of them all, IMO.

KeenEyes, can you tell me what you commented to me in reference to my quote? Also, what does the "SBM" mean? Snipped by me? If that is a photo, I cannot see it, even though I tried several ways. Please advise. My curiosity is getting me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme