FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adji, we're getting closer and we're gonna find you soon.

Is there anybody local on WS following Adji's case? Just wondering if anybody has any insights into the transient nature of the workers in the Farm Market area and if Adji could possibly have been taken out of state.

This is just a late night thought in that we may be looking in the wrong area for Adji - only a thought nothing more. But it is a thought that will not leave my head for some reason - if the workers are transient, what is their normal paths. What is the best way to "tap into" other farm commmunities where Adji may have been taken.

I have no answers or any great thoughts - just putting this out here to see if we can do anything with this.

Prayers for Adji.

Thanks Salem - this puts it into perspective really well. Question about one area on the map you posted which really sticks out to me - I have taken a snap of your map and red circled the area - do you recall what is in this area?

elpher - I'm sorry, I don't. I don't think it was on my original map. It does look like a homestead or such? Maybe we can reverse look it up? I'll see if I can play around with that.

Salem

Will try and find information on migration patterns (if any) of the Farm Market workers. Salem, any luck on reversing the circled part of the map?

Tuba has posted a new chart on the Case Briefings Thread in the Astro Forum based on correct date and time for Adji. There are some more insights in the chart - I am not good at interpreting them but there are probably some nuggets of information that we can use.

In follow up to elepher's post here, I know I read somewhere in one of the media links that the 911 missing call was made at 7:42 p.m. I would like to pass this on to Tuba, but want to have the link first. If anyone has time, will they help me look for it? I'm gone through the first 5 pages of the first thread. I get to the point though, where I scan the articles too fast and I'm afraid I'm missing it.

TIA,

Salem

PS - no luck yet on reversing the address on the circled area, elpher. I haven't spent much time on it just yet. I'll try to get it done, though!

Salem

Okay - after engaging my brain, I turned on the street map. The address appears to be something on Garthie Road. Still looking....

Salem

One address may be 1400 Garthie Road. There are approx. 6 houses on this road and several outbuildings.

Is there any ranch/horses properties on the Garthie Road I wonder. I am too tired to look right now but will do some zooming tomorrow evening to see what is there. Thanks Salem for all you are doing - you are a gem. Searching for a place where Adji may be is not an easy task but we shall trudge onward. Adji where in the heck are you - you need to come home now.

I'm gonna look for the link for the 7:42 call. I posted that myself, so I got it from somewhere, but didn't give a link.:doh:

I know a little (though not a lot) about migrant farmworkers from a similar camp when I lived in Miami. They don't all necessarily travel, if they do, they follow certain crops. Those that travel are usually 6 months here, 6 months there.

If all goes as I hope, I should have more on Adji's parents' birth info tomorrow or the next day. Wish me luck.;)

Bringing Adji to the forefront - Adji you are not being forgotten but you sure are hard to sleuth.

We got the call at 7:42.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009...ng-case-missing-child-until-abdu/?partner=RSS

This link also has the watching tv, went missing at 7:15 story, though. Maybe the two different stories are a result of the language barrier?

Thanks Idaho! I'm out of town and haven't been able to get on for the past couple of days. My son is getting married on the 9th... Yea!

I know the time Adji went missing has been stated several different ways, but I think the 911 call time is accurate. I know I have seen it a couple of times and I think, the Sheriff also says it in a video. So I think the 7:42 time is accurate.

I'll pass it on to Tuba if someone has not done so already.

THANKS!

Salem

Farm workers in Florida tend to follow Point to Point Migration while maintaining homes in the Florida area. Here is an excerpt from a study that was done on Migration Patterns.
Point-to-Point. Another group of people will travel to the same place or series of places along a route during the course of a season. These people tend to live in homebase areas in Florida, Texas, Mexico, Puerto Rico, or California and travel for part of the year working in agriculture. The routes marked by the dotted arrow on the map show just a few of many regular routes that people travel during the season.
Taken from this website:
http://www.migrantclinician.org/migrant_info/migration_patterns.html

Here is a picture of the point to point migration pattern:

Attachments

• Migration Map Florida Workers.jpg
    Migration Map Florida Workers.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 6
Have taken the Point to Point Migration map and have done a "rough" outline of the suggested migration paths that are used by farm workers from Florida.

This is one huge migration path - from Florida to Pennsylvania (looks like around the Harrisburg area). Florida to the grand old city of Charleston or via bustling Atlanta area and ultimately through to the Pennsylvania harvest areas.

Based on growing seasons (MOO) the migrant workers are probably around the Columbus, Ohio or the Charleston, South Carolina areas ready to head into Pennsylvania for final harvest of this season - and then back to Florida and repeat the trek again.

This is all very sketchy at this point. I do not think Adji is deceased but I do think he is out of state - MOO.

Sorry I can't come up with anything other than this -will start to look for Migrant farmer areas in Columbus and Charleston - really, I have no other places to look if he is out of state. Wish they would get some new information to do a local search again.

Eleph

Attachments

• Migration Path and Places Named.jpg
    Migration Path and Places Named.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
Eleph - thanks for the info, but I can't seem to open your Word doc.??

This is the message I get on WS:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Eleph - thanks for the info, but I can't seem to open your Word doc.??

This is the message I get on WS:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Hi,

I did a snapshot of the word document and changed it in the original post - you should be able to open it now daisy7 .. sorry about that - I know better. Let me know if you still can't open it. That is one huge migration path that the workers follow - I have travelled most of that route that is outlined and it is massive. Maybe we can isolate the areas somewhat with more research.

Hi,

I did a snapshot of the word document and changed it in the original post - you should be able to open it now daisy7 .. sorry about that - I know better. Let me know if you still can't open it. That is one huge migration path that the workers follow - I have travelled most of that route that is outlined and it is massive. Maybe we can isolate the areas somewhat with more research.

Thanks! I can open it now. Wow - it's such a big area - where should be begin?

It seems I will not be receiving the doc. I was hoping to get this week -- I guess they figured out that I'm not Adji's mother. I wonder if I can go view it in Tally. -- gonna check on that. I have to go there in a few weeks for work.

BTW, love your new avi!!:)

Hi Daisy7,

Which doc were you trying to get that may be viewed in Tally?

Thanks,
Eleph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members