GUILTY FL - Ahziya Osceola, 3, beaten to death, Hollywood, 19 March 2015 *stepmother arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read the story on my favorite 24 hours news site. Stepmom has a new baby to take care of and dad goes to work at 7 am but was for some reason, was in almost constant communication with stepmom via text. I am just sick for this little boy. And angry. I like to think that as women, we love all children, or at least manage to treat them as if we do, even if the feeling is not quite there. She loves her husband, I assume. Can't she fake it for a child that has half of the man she loves genes?! Excuse my rant. I am done now.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/2...tion-inside-home-where-lived/?intcmp=trending

[ B]Hollywood: Police no longer searching for 3-year-old Ahizya Osceola - Sun Sentinel [/B]

Today - 2:32 PM - EDT

Cypress is a homemaker and cares full-time for her 18-month-old twins, a boy and a girl, said her father, Kenneth Tommie.

(snip)

"Osceola said Thursday he last saw his son at 4 a.m. when he went to check on Ahizya's 8-month-old sister. When Osceola left for work at about 7:30 a.m., his wife was awake and Ahizya was still sleeping, he said.

Osceola stayed in contact with his wife until about 9 a.m., when she fell asleep with the baby.

"She woke up and he was gone," said Osceola, who learned about his son's disappearance in a text message from his wife. "I just want to see my son."

Embedded video & More@Link:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-hollywood-missing-boy-folo-20150320-story.html

:notgood:

:tears::

RIP Ahizya

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm am angry that this poor little angel is gone. He didn't have enough time to experience so many wonderful places and things. I hope Heaven is beautiful and he is smiling. I will bite my tongue and not cast judgement but just the fact that a 3 yo was left to fend for himself while step mom was sleeping?? If that is what really happened.

I'm am angry that this poor little angel is gone. He didn't have enough time to experience so many wonderful places and things. I hope Heaven is beautiful and he is smiling. I will bite my tongue and not cast judgement but just the fact that a 3 yo was left to fend for himself while step mom was sleeping?? If that is what really happened.

Well said, Sleuthster. Based on the little we do know (he never actually left his home, step"mom" was the last adult to see him, and LE has gone on record to say there's no way he placed himself where he was recovered), the writing is essentially on the wall.

Whoever put him there put great effort in finding a hiding place that LE couldn't find him on the first search. Then, managed to send everyone on a wild goose chase, wasting precious resources, and just delaying the heartbreaking inevitable outcome.

This, IMO, is the epitome of evil. If the stories of a custody battle are true, that's even worse! His mom wanted him, FGS! As a parent, I can't imagine not being able to see my child for a day, much less months. His adorable smile will haunt me for a long, long time. There was no reason for this to result in his loss. I hope that a full and thorough investigation includes all of the events leading to his death. No stone unturned.

Now, he is in Heaven, free from all of this. I am bracing myself for the ME's report. Whoever hurt him will not be able to hide from the light of truth and justice. May the punishment be swift and severe.

:moo:

:candle:

Both biological parents have lengthy criminal records. I don't know if either had anything to do with Ahizya's death, but they are certainly not model citizens.

Dad:

January 2013 - burglary, conveyance, assault/battery, battery

March 2012 - fleeing/eluding high speed, driving with suspended driver's license, no proof of insurance, expired tag, improper right turn, leaving scene

July 2011 - trespassing

October 2010 - driving with suspended driver's license, 2 counts operating vehicle unsafe/improper/equipment

March 2010 - fleeing/eluding high speed, resist/obstruct without violence, criminal mischief, burglary, reckless driving

December 2009 - possession of cannabis 20 grams or less, disobey avoid red light

April 2009 - possession of cannabis 20 grams or less

Mom:

June 2013 - organized fraud, conspiracy to organize scheme to defraud (status of case is "OPEN" with next hearing scheduled for April 2015)

January 2014 - driving while DL suspended/financial responsibility, improper sunscreen at top of windshield

January 2014 - neglect child/no bodily harm, battery on law enforcement officer, resist/obstruct without violence (status of case is "OPEN" but no future hearing date listed)

August 2012 - permitting unauthorized person to drive

December 2009 - possession of cocaine

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/...yHearing=yes&DisplayType=Criminal&SearchType=

BBM - I imagine this is why DCF has had prior contact with the family.

I don't think the stepmother's name has been released yet. I'd be interested to know her criminal history too since she was allegedly the one home with Ahizya when he went "missing."

Speechless.
Did Ahizya even have a chance, with anyone?
Was there no safe place on this earth for him?
:tears:

Local news just reported that DCF released their reports. DCF was called four times regarding this family over the past couple of years.

In Jan 2014, Mom was staying at a hotel. A clerk found her one year old wandering around the lobby alone. She was arrested for child neglect.

The most recent report filed by DCF was last month. It was regarding suspected physical abuse at Dad's residence, but they couldn't substantiate. LAST MONTH!

I am sick about this.

So very sad... I can't even put into words what I'm feeling. Going to hug and kiss my daughter right now.

I'm not sure he would have been better off with mom to be honest.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...20140617_1_hollywood-couple-bank-account-ebay

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Broward-County-FL/Karen-Cypress.74309601.html

14000830CF10ABND-SUR FELBOND SURR FELNEGLECT CHILD/ NO BODY HARMPENDING TRIALBD1,000.00

Sounds like all of these adults like drugs and not working real jobs and all of these kids are (were) @ risk. Thanks for the extra sleuthing, Sleuthster!

What a sweet little face, the poor mite. I'm not sure that heaven exists but I hope it does so that kids like this get to go somewhere better than where they were on earth.

Shame that there's good people out there desperate for children who are unable to have them, yet these people get to have children but waste the time they have with them racking up criminal records instead. Awful shame. Awful.

Toddler’s body found in Hollywood home | Miami Herald

30 minutes ago

“He said, ‘Oh Pappa, it hurts,’” said Tommie. Tommie and the toddler’s mother, Karen Cypress, took the child to Hollywood Memorial Hospital. It was the last time they saw Ahizya, who lived with his father after his parents’ divorce, alive.

Late Thursday night after an exhaustive search by detectives and bloodhounds, Hollywood police found Ahizya’s tiny 45-pound frame hidden from view inside his father’s home, the body contorted at an angle in which police said it would have been impossible for the child to position himself.

“The body wasn’t visible; we had to go looking for it,” Hollywood Police Chief Frank Fernandez said.

----
Mom lost custody after AO was found wandering in a motel lobby (she was "under the influence" :facepalm: :banghead: )

----
There were a total of 4 CPS reports on the family. I'm paraphrasing what I can, to try to stay within TOS....

(snip)

A report in April 2014 looking into possible physical injury to Ahizya and naming his father the likely perpetrator was closed as “not substantiated.” Then in February, DCF was again alerted to the family about possible physical injury to Ahizya.

“The alleged perpetrator was unknown, however it was suspected the abuse was occurring at the father’s residence,” the report said. The report says Cypress, the boy’s mother, had weekly visitation rights.

----
Mom had recently won back visitation rights after completing parenting classes. It appears that her home is close to her ex-husband's house where AO's body was found.

I have a horrible feeling about this case. I pray that I am wrong. This will get much worse before all is said and done.

This link is a must-read. :moo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4BP1Lmv0wA

Embedded video & MUCHMore@Link:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article15439937.html#storylink=cpy

God bless these precious little ones, who must gain their tiny Angel Wings in order to be free from the evil in this world. My heart breaks for them, when there is no safe place for these gifts of light and love.

It is just SO wrong!
:(

:rose:

His sweet smile fooled me. I really thought his family was not harming him and he had just gotten lost by running off. :sigh:

It is so hard to keep reading cases that end like this. :rose:

What a sweet little face, the poor mite. I'm not sure that heaven exists but I hope it does so that kids like this get to go somewhere better than where they were on earth.

Shame that there's good people out there desperate for children who are unable to have them, yet these people get to have children but waste the time they have with them racking up criminal records instead. Awful shame. Awful.

I'm one of those people who had trouble conceiving. I (like most of you all) would have adopted him super fast.

Damn.. Rest in peace, little angel.

Police have finished processing the scene and have left.

No arrests yet. Ugh

When I looked at that first photo I thought that he was wearing a very bulky sweater with sleeves covering his arms over the wrists, compared to daddy who was in t-shirt and shorts. Just couldn't help wondering.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr
Back