Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say exactly that! So, now we don't have all the stove on, we have a burner with a pot of oil on? And a roommate who hasn't been discussed? Well, if that was an accurate story, the timeline would be greatly shortened. It couldnt have a pot of oil on since 2am and not burn or smoke or something. For sure, the pot or oil bottle could be printed. This just sounds---- not right.

This is getting stranger by the minute!

(back to my edits)- in a house with 2 bedrooms, 4 kids, a dad and a pregnant mother, where was the "roommate" staying???

The oil would start crackling and popping and eventually, burning. I think. You'd smell something. It couldn't go unnoticed for a long period of time.

Mexicans are known to cram large numbers into homes to share the costs of living. See that all to often around here. Roommate probably slept on the couch.

Diana’s mother tells Four In Your Corner off-camera that her daughter started acting strange a few weeks leading up to her 9th birthday earlier this month. She says Diana started focusing on her appearance much more and out of no where started wanting to wear makeup.

She also said her daughter was close to the roommate who practically became like family during his stay.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/diana-alvares-search-continues-family-suspects-they-know-kidnapper

Uuuuummmmmm........ no. Just no. I absolutely hate every word of this. When a new man comes around and a child starts "acting strange", please pay attention. He is not like family. He is a grown man in a house with children.

I am feeling very uncomfortable with all the different stories. And, yes. I think they are different stories. because it isn't info leaked by the media a little at a time. This is info I am listening come out of their mouths. Information withheld yesterday and added today.

My sister and her friend completely burned down the kitchen of her friends house because they were trying to boil oil. It happened quickly- within maybe 15 minutes of them turning it on high.

A pan of oil sitting on the HOT stove? Anyone know how long it would talk for that to catch fire?

After the burner on the stove got the oil to boiling and it overflowed the pan it was in, it would ignite on contact with the stove burner. That would apply for both electric and gas stoves. My guess would be it would take about 10-15 minutes to get the oil so hot it would bubble up and start running out of the pot. much the same as it would take water to boil.

It seems like sort of a silly way to try and ignite a fire, but I guess it might work if nobody smelled the oil or saw the smoke it would create before it ignited.
It sounds almost like some idea the abductor picked up from a movie or something.................. in theory it would work, but it isn't practical.

Diana’s mother tells Four In Your Corner off-camera that her daughter started acting strange a few weeks leading up to her 9th birthday earlier this month. She says Diana started focusing on her appearance much more and out of no where started wanting to wear makeup.

She also said her daughter was close to the roommate who practically became like family during his stay.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/diana-alvares-search-continues-family-suspects-they-know-kidnapper

Uuuuummmmmm........ no. Just no. I absolutely hate every word of this. When a new man comes around and a child starts "acting strange", please pay attention. He is not like family. He is a grown man in a house with children.

I am feeling very uncomfortable with all the different stories. And, yes. I think they are different stories. because it isn't info leaked by the media a little at a time. This is info I am listening come out of their mouths. Information withheld yesterday and added today.

From above article:
They say they thought it was odd their full-grown pitbull didn’t bark throughout the night Diana disappeared, adding, if it would have been someone they didn’t know, the whole neighborhood would have heard their guard dog trying to scare them off.
“The pitbull barks at every little thing,” he said. “He barks at his waterbowl.”

Diana Alvares search continues; Family suspects they know kidnapper

Diana’s mother woke up again a little before 7 am, this time to get the kids ready for church. This is when she noticed a strange smell coming from their kitchen and saw someone left the stove top on and a pan filled with oil sitting there.

[...]

The couple speculates the person who took Diana purposely left the stove top on and may have been planning to set their home on fire.

[...]

Diana’s parents Uribe and Rita Jimenez tell Four In Your Corner they weren’t aware so many sex offenders lived near their home. Despite the alarming number, they say they don’t think it’s likely an offender took their daughter. They believe an old roommate may have kidnapped her.

“He left like a month ago before this thing happened,” Diana’s stepfather says. “He said, ‘I’m going to move. I don’t have no more job here.”

More at link: http://www.fox4now.com/news/diana-alvares-search-continues-family-suspects-they-know-kidnapper
What wait. What kind of oil? Motor oil? Vegetable oil? Is the stove electric or gas?

My hubby is half Mexican and he and his side of family uses oil in a pan to fry up tortillas. And he eats them with everything do there always seems to be oil filled pans on the stove! Also tortillas can be heated by directly placing them on the burner. Still wondering if stove was left on by accident. Would only catch fire if oil went onto flame jf it was a gas stove.

If it was some other type of oil besides cooking, well that's a different story then!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

From link also-the dog did not bark. I am not liking this roommate situation and Diana behaving strangely. Red flag for me. IMO

From above article:
They say they thought it was odd their full-grown pitbull didn’t bark throughout the night Diana disappeared, adding, if it would have been someone they didn’t know, the whole neighborhood would have heard their guard dog trying to scare them off.
“The pitbull barks at every little thing,” he said. “He barks at his waterbowl.”

Ok, now we have a pit bull. a stranger couldn't have come in to abduct Diana, not with a pit bull, no way.

I was going to say exactly that! So, now we don't have all the stove on, we have a burner with a pot of oil on? And a roommate who hasn't been discussed? Well, if that was an accurate story, the timeline would be greatly shortened. It couldnt have a pot of oil on since 2am and not burn or smoke or something. For sure, the pot or oil bottle could be printed. This just sounds---- not right.

This is getting stranger by the minute!

(back to my edits)- in a house with 2 bedrooms, 4 kids, a dad and a pregnant mother, where was the "roommate" staying???
Couch is my guess. If there was a roommate hope he hadn't been harming those children....

This article has information that if it's true, should have been released to the police the day she went missing so it could be investigated.
It feels like the more time goes by the more they add to the story that they never provided before.

To be fair, we don't know what they told police. They might well be repeating what was already said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From above article:

This could explain why the are naming people they think did it.

But I hope LE tells them that dogs don't always bark when strangers come into the house.

I think someone needs to tell the step-dad to stop blabbing so much to the cameras.

And Mom needs to get on camera more often and ask for help.

Where did this 26 year old male/roommate sleep I wonder?

From above article:
Good grief. Next we will hear there was an armed house alarm.

Update #3 Over two hundred federal and local law enforcement officers have joined the search for 9yr-old Diana Alvares in the San Carlos Park area. This search/investigation is very much active in the area with the use of foot patrols, ATV’s, Aviation, K-9, and the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Dive Team.

While we are receiving tips in Diana’s whereabouts, they seem to be coming in after the sightings. The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is asking that if anyone knows the whereabouts of Diana or spots her, please call 477-1000 or 911 immediately so we can dispatch a deputy to that location.

The Spanish Media, Telemundo of Fort Myers, is meeting with the Sheriff’s Office to further push the information deeper to the Hispanic community as we continue to search for clues into Diana’s disappearance.

The Lee county Sheriff’s Office remains driven to locate Diana and will utilize every resource available. In addition to the $1000.00 reward from Crime Stoppers, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has agreed to pay an additional $5000.00 for the safe return of Diana.

Diana is a Hispanic female, 4'4”, 95 lbs, dark hair, brown eyes, and has two scars on one of her legs. She was last seen wearing an unknown color shirt, blue bottoms, unknown shoes, and may be carrying a green blanket with flower print.

Anyone with information should call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES(274637) keyword: REWARD

249843/jmd

Update #4

Nine-year-old Diana Alvares is still missing. Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers continues to receive tips regarding Diana’s whereabouts. The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating Diana. If anyone has any information about Diana’s current location, please call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 239-477-1000 or 911.

Local, state, and federal agencies are continuing their search efforts through the evening hours. The search has covered a ten-mile radius in 90-degree weather. A Code Red reverse 911 call has been sent out in a 2-mile radius around the residence of Diana contacting surrounding communities asking for vigilance.

Members of the public have asked how they can assist with the search for Diana. Please stay alert and continue to call in any possible sightings to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office or Crime Stoppers right away without delay.

The American Red Cross has been a partner in assisting in this massive undertaking. The American Red Cross is on-scene and has provided food and water to 200 search team members. Please support the American Red Cross as they support the Law Enforcement Community by visiting their website at www.redcross.org .

The investigation is still currently active and ongoing. Once the Lee County Sheriff’s Office receives additional information, the public will be updated.

Diana is a Hispanic female, 4'4”, 95 lbs., dark hair, brown eyes, and has two scars on one of her legs. She was last seen wearing an unknown color shirt, blue bottoms, unknown shoes, and may be carrying a green blanket with flower print.

Anyone with information should call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES(274637) keyword: REWARD

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index&id=14482

What's weird is first they pointed at the ex husband and that he was out to get them, and now it's a ex roommate who apparently
wanted to not only take Diana, but burn the trailer down, and Diana has been acting differently lately. I'm sorry, not buying any of it
any more.

Not buying it either. Taken from the house in the middle of the night is means someone is up to no good. Stats say its someone in the house.

I think the stats change when the child victim has been abducted or kidnapped. Most children who are murdered by someone living inside of the home with the child the prepetrator will pretend the child had an accident of some kind. They then call 911 pretending to be distraught over the 'accident' the child supposedly had. Its only when the child dies or sees a doctor its learn they did not have an accident at all.

Back in 1997 Washington State did a detailed study backed by the DOJ which took 3.5 years to compile of children who had been abducted/kidnapped and were later found murdered. It involved more than 600 cases where the cases were solved and the perpetrator was known. Then in 2006 they did a follow up study of another 175 solved cases. It is one of the largest studies ever done with a total of over 775+ cases involved.

Here is some of the key findings they discovered.

With more killers identified, researchers found threat that the killer will be a friend or acquaintance is nearly equal to that of a stranger. The probability that the killer’s name will come up during the first week of the investigation has decreased. The use of *advertiser censored* by killers as a trigger to murder has increased. -

Key findings:

•In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

•In 44 percent of the cases studied,the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

•Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

•Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.
•The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

•In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

•In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

More at link.............
- See more at: http://www.atg.wa.gov/child-abduction-murder-research#sthash.oR4kyc3M.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne