Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure!!! To be clear, I am not suspecting anyone in particular. I haven't heard a single thing about anyone. But, the police questioning more than searching is never a good sign. I think someone is involved. I do not have a shred of anything leading me to an actual specific person yet. Sorry if it came off that way.

Same. I can think of several other reasons why the parents would be kept secluded for now, without them being thought of as suspects. Or I guess they could be... but that is usually the last place I want to go, barring actual evidence or reports by LE.

I couldn't recall her name earlier, but this case made me think of Jessica Lunsford right away too. I am super worried about Diana.

Please be okay Diane. 😣

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

"Deputies continue to work the area where Diana was last seen. Her home and homes around it can be seen marked off with crime scene tape."

Deputies searching San Carlos Park area for girl, 9
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32091122/deputies-searching-for-fort-myers-girl-9

It is really hard to break into a small mobile home like this without being heard. Sound really carries in those things. I don't believe a random perp could have easily pulled that off.

If someone was really familiar with the mobile home, had been inside there before, and knew exactly where to go, he could perhaps manage to quietly make his way to her bedroom. But he could not probably force her out without making enough noise to alert others.

So I think she had to be lured out, tricked into going voluntarily. I do think it could be a Jenise type situation. :candle:

Keeping the parents separate from and secluded from seeing others reminds me of Noah Thomas.

I can remember one case maybe 2 yrs back of a girl about this age who went missing and was actually a 'runaway'. She was hiding out in trees and eating fruit and just having an adventure. So it CAN happen. But in all of my time on ws, that is the only case I recall of a girl that age missing that ended up so positive. This is not good. Crime scene tape around 12 trailers is no good imho. Praying this little one is safe somewhere.

I agree with all opinions above.
It's so very weird that there's a child missing, yet no search parties. It's just not what we all know here. And sadly we all know what the worst thing that can happen.
I hate thinking this way. I want to be so very wrong about this. Please let me be wrong. Diana please be safe baby girl.

All MOO!

Do we know who Diana lives with? Does she have any siblings that shared a room? Was it a normal night when she vanished? Or was their a party or a get together? All moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crime scene tape is up at her residence? That does not sound good. Makes me wonder what LE found.

In every case of an abducted child like this crime scene tape is always put up around their home since it is the location where they went missing. That is the starting point and since she is missing from that home it becomes the first crime scene. I don't think it necessarily means they found anything. They always get a SW to search the location where the victim lived and is now missing from that home. They would be looking for evidence of an open window where the perp could have come in or maybe a screen off a window. Of course they will be taking fingerprint evidence in Diana's bedroom or blood.etc. etc.

Just jumping off your post to say this Amanda.:)

At this time I am not ready to suspect the parents. It is SOP for police to separate them to question them and often they do ask the parent/s not to discuss anything among other family and friends since they do not know who the suspect is now.

Its also SOP to start with those who are closest to Diana and widen out the investigation. I remember in the Jessica Lunsford's case LE in that case was so busy accusing Mark, and his parents of being involved they didn't even realize that John Couey was right across the street raping Jessica repeatedly for three days before he murdered her.

So many young children have gone missing from trailer parks and most of those cases didn't end well. Many of them were done by complete strangers who were able to access the home and no one heard a thing. Some of the victims even had dogs inside the home when they were abducted and the dogs never alerted to the stranger abductor.

It may be someone who had befriended her in the trailer park and had gained her trust. Sort of like Melissa Huckaby was able to do with her victim when she kidnapped, sexually assaulted, and murdered little Sandra Cantu.

We have seen so many tragic cases of children being abducted. I hope and pray this one doesn't end like so many others have.

As far as not alerting the community concerning them being in danger that rarely ever happens even when it became known the kidnapper and murderer was a complete stranger to the victim/s, Not once did they do that in Jessica's community even though John Couey was a known registered pedophile who was on the loose and in most other cases of this nature LE in those jurisdictions didn't do it either.
]

attachment.php

Lee County Sheriff's Office cruisers and a crime scene van are cordoned off with crime scene tape at the home of a missing 9-year-old girl in south Lee County.(Photo: Michael Braun/The News-Press)

"No search was allowed as well, Martinez said, because of sheriff's office "procedure," she said she was told.

'We have 80 people willing to search, we just have to call them," she said."

Snip

"The family asked for a few people to come out but I want to talk to the deputies first," she said. After a few minute discussion with the deputies Van Bibber said they told her that the time was not right for a search.

"They said they were not at (that) point," she said, adding that the sheriff's office representatives told her that for a search they would call in cadets from the local safety academy."

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/

I think LE has to do their initial searches without the public in order that no potential evidence be compromised, as well as dogs possible scent leads compromised.

I agree and in many of these cases LE doesn't want outsiders searching even after days of not locating the victim. I think they do that so if any evidence of value is found it wont be tainted/contaminated by regular searchers who doesn't know the correct procedure on how the evidence has to be handled and collected.

I felt all along that many citizens in that area did want to search for Diana but aren't being allowed to do so at this time.

Also, if they're using dogs, infrared, or other technology, they need to keep the area clear of extraeneous people to increase accuracy.

Also, if they're using dogs, infrared, or other technology, they need to keep the area clear of extraeneous people to increase accuracy.

The local news said they did have
k-9 in there yesterday and will again today.

Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office at the scene declined to comment about the progress of the case. A K-9 search team was seen earlier in the day and around 10:30 p.m. Sunday a sheriff's officer helicopter was circling the community placing a spotlight in an area behind and west of the missing girl's home..

Shortly after 11:25 p.m. two tow trucks rolled up and through the crime scene tape, proceeding to the home of the missing girl. The trucks loaded and carried off a black sedan and a tan pickup.

Shortly thereafter a deputy removed crime scene tape, said the case was ongoing and left the scene. A cruiser remained at the girl's home, which remained cordoned off by crime tape.

Martinez returned to the development around 10 p.m. Sunday and talked with a deputy. She and about a dozen other family members were not allowed to go past the crime scene tape or to contact the girl's parents, she said.

"We are not being told why they are holding the parents," she said. She has not even been allowed to make phone contact, she said..

Martinez said Diana Alvarez was last seen by a sister when the sister went to the bathroom Sunday morning.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/

I won't quote as they'd be big posts but all of tlcya's posts above have really taken the wind out of the sails right? Looking at the family's vehicles ( presumably)?

I won't quote as they'd be big posts but all of tlcya's posts above have really taken the wind out of the sails right? Looking at the family's vehicles ( presumably)?

Schmae...........you and me both. :(

In every case of an abducted child like this crime scene tape is always put up around their home since it is the location where they went missing. That is the starting point and since she is missing from that home it becomes the first crime scene. I don't think it necessarily means they found anything. They always get a SW to search the location where the victim lived and is now missing from that home. They would be looking for evidence of an open window where the perp could have come in or maybe a screen off a window. Of course they will be taking fingerprint evidence in Diana's bedroom or blood.etc. etc.

Just jumping off your post to say this Amanda.:)

At this time I am not ready to suspect the parents. It is SOP for police to separate them to question them and often they do ask the parent/s not to discuss anything among other family and friends since they do not know who the suspect is now.

Its also SOP to start with those who are closest to Diana and widen out the investigation. I remember in the Jessica Lunsford's case LE in that case was so busy accusing Mark, and his parents of being involved they didn't even realize that John Couey was right across the street raping Jessica repeatedly for three days before he murdered her.

So many young children have gone missing from trailer parks and most of those cases didn't end well. Many of them were done by complete strangers who were able to access the home and no one heard a thing. Some of the victims even had dogs inside the home when they were abducted and the dogs never alerted to the stranger abductor.

It may be someone who had befriended her in the trailer park and had gained her trust. Sort of like Melissa Huckaby was able to do with her victim when she kidnapped, sexually assaulted, and murdered little Sandra Cantu.

We have seen so many tragic cases of children being abducted. I hope and pray this one doesn't end like so many others have.

As far as not alerting the community concerning them being in danger that rarely ever happens even when it became known the kidnapper and murderer was a complete stranger to the victim/s, Not once did they do that in Jessica's community even though John Couey was a known registered pedophile who was on the loose and in most other cases of this nature LE in those jurisdictions didn't do it either.
]

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members