Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicles taken... I feel this is headed somewhere very horrible!!
We don't know who the vehicles belong to, but there must be reason to take them. They can't just take them without good cause...

I won't quote as they'd be big posts but all of tlcya's posts above have really taken the wind out of the sails right? Looking at the family's vehicles ( presumably)?

I am not sure. Other parents also have had their vehicles towed in to be examined yet they didn't turnout to be the ones who had harmed their child. It just makes sense to take their vehicles in even if it is to rule them out. I think LE is being thorough which is a good thing.

IMO

"On Monday morning, LCSO issued a statement saying no new information was available and deputies and searchers continue to investigate for clues and information. What is known as of Monday at 10:40 a.m. is the fact Alvares did not have any electronic devices with her, nor did she participate in social media sites according to the Lee County Sheriff's Office Digital Forensics Unit."

Monday update: Search for missing Lee County girl continues
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/

I suspect LE is just being very thorough and that makes me feel more confident they will find this little gal. I am thrilled to see this case getting more coverage now.

Vehicles taken... I feel this is headed somewhere very horrible!!
We don't know who the vehicles belong to, but there must be reason to take them. They can't just take them without good cause...

The probable cause would easily be met if these vehicles belong to the parents where Diana went missing. Vehicles are usually taken in where an abduction has occurred or where a child is missing. LE can take anything from that property to see if it has any evidentiary value.

I am not sure. Other parents also have had their vehicles towed in to be examined yet they didn't turnout to be the ones who had harmed their child. It just makes sense to take their vehicles in even if it is to rule them out. I think LE is being thorough which is a good thing.

IMO

I pray this is the case. But I feel that doing things like that may be taking away search time. Hopefully that's not the case.

[video=twitter;737294481922371585]https://twitter.com/michaelbraunnp/status/737294481922371585[/video]

[video=twitter;737295491730427904]https://twitter.com/michaelbraunnp/status/737295491730427904[/video]

[video=twitter;737296328313737217]https://twitter.com/michaelbraunnp/status/737296328313737217[/video]

From the video:
The reporter in the video says "State Wide Search..."
"Law enforcement issued their state wide alert after midnight"...after looking for her all day Sunday."

(Mods, do you think the thread title should be added to include the "Active Search" red tag? Tia.)
(Eta: Wow, that was fast, thanks!)

Also, here's an initial screenshot (in progress) from the video that shows the house, yard, woods, etc: (still watching the video)

(O/T, due to some kind of compatibility glitch with my device I have to go into my ws settings each time and change my editing/posting format from basic to wysiwyg in order to post images. If I keep it on the advanced editor (enhanced interface) then it won't copy and paste links so I have to keep going back and forth lol.)

Eta:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-30-09-42-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-30-09-42-05.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 442
http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index&id=14482

"Missing Juvenile: Diana Alvares

Update #1

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office, with the help of multiple agencies, (FBI, FDLE, Florida Fish and Wildlife, Collier and Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Airport Port Authority, and the Department of Homeland Security), are continuing the search for a missing San Carlos Park child.

While no new information is readily available, deputies and searchers on scene continue to investigate for clues and information in the disappearance of 9 year old Diana Alvares. We do know that Diana did not have any electronic devices on her when she left the home, nor did she participate in social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter according to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Digital Forensics Unit.

While Diana does not meet the criteria set forth by law for an Amber Alert, all methods and means are being utilized by authorities to locate her. Attached is an additional photo of Diana on our*Facebook page*for dissemination.

Anyone with information should call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES(274637) keyword: REWARD "

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-30-10-19-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-30-10-19-54.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 427
I wish they could find a picture of her blanket and post that too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-30-10-36-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-30-10-36-03.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 430
In the initial clothing descriptions, it said unknown color shirt and blue bottoms", now it seems to have been updated to say wearing a short-sleeve shirt and shorts.

I can remember one case maybe 2 yrs back of a girl about this age who went missing and was actually a 'runaway'. She was hiding out in trees and eating fruit and just having an adventure. So it CAN happen. But in all of my time on ws, that is the only case I recall of a girl that age missing that ended up so positive. This is not good. Crime scene tape around 12 trailers is no good imho. Praying this little one is safe somewhere.

12 trailers? I thought I counted 15ish to the rsos house yesterday...
(Post #33 for visual)

Eta: Post #60 says "about a dozen manufactured homes" were behind tape.
""About a dozen of the manufactured homes were behind crime scene tape that cut off an entire section of Unique Circle."

My absolute guess at this time is that Diana is very close, based on other cases I've followed. I'd say if she's not in that trailer park somewhere, or behind in those woods/creek area, she's under 2ish miles or maybe in the 6 to 8 miles out range. 22 miles max. JMO. MOO. Pure speculation, guessing.

Eta: But dogs and aerials (and presumably thermal detection, as usually standard) haven't found her yet, so maybe not that close (under 2ish) (unless well hidden), but close?

Afternoon update: Search for missing Lee County girl continues
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/
*video at link (stepfather speaks)

Caption under video:
Uribe Jiminez, the stepfather of Diana Alvarez, a 9-year-old San Carlos Park girl that went missing on Sunday, shows his frustration about being kept out of his home by law enforcement.
Jack Hardman/news-press.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member