Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the whole point of an Amber Alert is to find the child ASAP, not once LE has found the vehicle. I don't think Jorge had anything to do with this, and the charges won't stick because there won't be evidence.

So you think they changed the flier to read 'suspect' once he was apprehended based on no evidence?

So you think they changed the flier to read 'suspect' once he was apprehended based on no evidence?
Did the flier say suspect, or may be in the company of?
I don't recall it being updated to suspect.

I wonder if Jorge is talking and LE is trying to confirm if what he is telling them is the truth? Seems a long time to detain without official arrest, though I know legally they can, I don't think we usually see it. Typically someone is arrested on a smaller charge until they can arrest on the larger if they feel the person is a suicide or flight risk. Will be interesting to see if he is charged with anything and what that charge will be. Could be something minor, like no driver's license, or without insurance, etc. Or if here illegally, could be detained for that.

If Jorge is saying he didn't take her, but knows who might have, or could have, I would think LE would need to verify if there's any truth to it. Of course I'm not there, so just thinking of what could be going on. Say Jorge says that while he was living there, so and so didn't like Diana, or he felt so and so was unfair to Diana, etc., and told her Daddy who said he would see she wasn't in that situation. Well then LE would have to see if there was any truth to that. Right? I don't know that's what he said of course, again, just trying to think why there's been no charges brought forth yet. If Jorge is being complete silent, not saying anything except maybe an alibi, LE would need to verify that alibi as well.

I'm impressed with what I've seen so far in this investigation. I think LE has been investigating many angles at the same time, with various depts. We know while they were searching near her home, in the woods, sending divers into the waters, etc., they were also tracking down Jorge. IMO, the AA wasn't issued earlier because LE feared he would harm Diana. IMO, LE was actively tracking him and the vehicle down before the AA, and once they realized they had the car, and no Diana or Jorge, decided to issue the AA with hopes someone had seen them both in the car, or seen Jorge in the car and they didn't tell where it was found so that they could narrow down tips of the car sighting. If someone called to say the car and Jorge was in Miami for instance, and LE knew the car was in another area, they would know that tip was a false sighting. Likewise if someone said the car was in Okeechobee, and the car was in Okeechobee when they found it (I do NOT know where the car was found!!) then the tip would be worth checking out. Smart move. Obviously LE had a phone number for Jorge as well, and no doubt had gotten a search warrant for those records to try to track him.

The motive could be as simply as a perv abducting for his own perv wants. Of course it could be more complicated as we've discussed here.

BRING DIANA HOME!!!

It seems LE is keeping the family abreast of what is happening. The family says Jorge isn't talking. I thought of Sierra Lamar's murderer when I saw that.:( It really doesn't help him to talk and I don't think he will. If he has an attorney by now they will advise him to stay silent. He like most is going to deny, deny, deny, especially since Diana hasn't been located. He will think that is his ace in the hole thinking no body no case.

IMO

Yes, I did see it. Its here somewhere on this thread Jo. This was after they found him and Diana wasn't with him. Its the one only showing her picture and not the two of them together side by side. It was the last one they put up.

When I have more time I will look for it for you.

IMO

http://www.winknews.com/2016/06/04/just-in-police-arrest-man-accused-of-abducting-diana-alvares/

:46- I spoke to a man named AA who said he let Guerrero stay with him for 2 days, not knowing he was a fugitive.
1:11 AA said he spotted JG at a restaurant on Tuesday. He was alone, begging for a place to stay. At that time, he didnt know it was JG, wanted for kidnapping. He let him stay at his home for 2 days. Thought he was just a guy needing help. I saw he was all wet and wasn't suspicious. But on Thursday, he got a ride to OK and left. I asked who did I have in my house? He found a # for the family on SM and called them. JG gave a different name, but 100% sure it was him. He was questioned by law enforcement.

JG is being questioned now (2:32). Second angle-

2:32- still not booked. Been out here since early the afternoon. Inside being questioned by Lee County Sherriffs office detective. We learned he like in Oke for years. His neighbor said he was always quiet.

3:13 (still talking to old neighbor)- I was getting off work and when I got picked up, there were lots of cops by the Mexican store.
Several business owners, including the liquor store, said around 10:30 last night a white Jeep Cherokee was pulled over in front of this tree (the tree is not in a parking lot, it is on the roadside) by several law enforcement officials, including the US Marshalls. We learned that about 1 hour later, JG was detained. An Amber Alert was issued and his car was found within hours. Diana has not been found, but JG is in custody. They can keep him for 72 hours, since it is a high profile case.

Yes, I did see it. Its here somewhere on this thread Jo. This was after they found him and Diana wasn't with him. Its the one only showing her picture and not the two of them together side by side. It was the last one they put up.

IMO

Last report from LE, person of interest, not suspect. the fliers are on their FB page.

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is confirming that the person of interest in the Diana Alvarez Amber Alert, Jorge Guerrero, is being detained.

https://www.facebook.com/sheriffleefl/photos/a.250051218379491.75709.126209800763634/117762

IMO
Here it is

uploadfromtaptalk1465173053860.jpg

From the interview and someone pointed out where the white Jeep Cherokee was, I got the feeling that they weren't "in" the restaurant, but were pulled over "by" the restaurant and liquor store. I also did not get the impression he was driving. I need to rewatch that interview because that was my understanding, but I don't know that it was stated as such.

Correct, he was apprehended outside. JG was asked to 'get out of his car and not to move' according to this NBC2 video:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32144056/suspect-in-amber-alert-captured-child-still-missing#.V1TEr-SjahE

"They just told him to get out of his vehicle, with his hands up and don't move," said Adrian Banda.
Banda said about a dozen law enforcement agency vehicles, including Lee County Sheriff's Office and U.S. Marshals were blocking off the ABC Liquor store and the neighboring restaurant while Guerrero was being detained.
Guerrero was being questioned Saturday at the Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/32144056/suspect-in-amber-alert-captured-child-still-missing#.V1SN6D_mpjp

So he had access to another vehicle. Interesting.
BBM Have there been any reports as to what vehicle he was driving?

Person of interest vs Suspect. Legal reason....a person is not a suspect until being read their Miranda Warning.

Also regarding amount of time he can be held without charges...a long time if they get the Feds to put a hold on him for being illegal.

Quotes up thread say white Jeep Cherokee, but not sure that it has been confirmed that he was driving or if he was a passenger.
Malibu, white van, Jeep Cherokee.....where is he getting these vehicles from?

I just can't get away from the very first story that came out that Diana was walking someone home at 2am and didn't come back. Was this story every debunked? There is just something not right.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/amber-alert-suspect-in-custody-diana-is-still-missing

Watch video!!! There's a different photo of Jorge in the video. I don't know how to bring the photo here.

Is this the one you are referring to?

2af94dc3aa04314a84cc603e8fe47d74.jpg

That looks like it was taken from his (a) computer.

Yeah, but his arms are both forward, like he's typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste