FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that the dad does not know what happened to his daughter yet I have seen him state several times that it is not a custody thing in any way. if he does not know what happened how can he say it is not a custody thing?

Also, I'm unclear on this- has the mom's fiancee, or boyfriend, come to help look for Haleigh? I mean, he might have work, or to care for the baby, but I guess...I just think he would be there, or near...I don't know

He was questioned by LE on Wednesday, and he says he doesn't have her.
That's all I know about him.

It has really bothered me too, the fact that neither dad or gf went outside, all around the house, yard, etc. looking for her, yelling out her name, etc. This is the first thing most people would do, I would think.

They both immediately assumed that she was GONE, not around there at all.

omg.. this is kind of poor taste but someone from first coast said Zanni took her... made me laugh (a little).
Don't think that when I heard Hayleigh (gosh, does it have to be so "close") was missing, I didn't stop for a sec and say...ok, Casey is acconted for. IOW...I know how you feel.

It has really bothered me too, the fact that neither dad or gf went outside, all around the house, yard, etc. looking for her, yelling out her name, etc. This is the first thing most people would do, I would think.

I'd still be looking day and night with a hook on head flash light, out in boat searching the water, skulking around everyone's trailer in the vicinity, etc. They'd have to track me down to question me and probably handcuff me to get it done.

I wonder if the girlfriend spent those 27 minutes running around outside looking and calling for Hayleigh, or if she also searched the entire trailer.

and flushed a few drugs....just sayin

I really don't think it is asking too much of a 17 year old to take care of children.:)

Would add only that, whether related or not, babysitting is different than having full responsibility. Years ago, I began babysitting as a 13 year-old before I could get a work permit. However I think it was understood by a babysitter's, as well as children's, parents that in case of emergency their adult assistance would be required and back-up numbers were provided. And it also took an exceptionally mature, responsible teen to be entrusted in any overnight situation. But in this situation (w brand new gf playing house) unfortunately, it seems the buck pretty much stopped w her. JMO

Someone mentioned on the last thread that it could be anyone that has this child.

Perfect example: David Westerfield (Van Dam) case!!! Nice home, engineer, quiet man, very meticulous, and extremely intelligent, but he has an appetite for the young neighborhood girl he met with her Mom selling him girl scout cookies. He breaks into her home after a wild night out at the local bar slamming several bacardi and cokes. David got in the house through a locked sliding glass door, gets past the dog that cannot bark, and lucks out that the alarm was not set that evening. He abducts Danielle while her dad is right in the next room, thinking the dad is out of town on a ski trip, because that's what he gathered from the mom in their brief conversation. Talk about balls! These animals plan, stalk, and kill with no remorse. They look normal, and harmless, but they are twisted.

Ok, the details of this are just scary...

I really think the Dad isn't guilty of anything. Misty on the other hand has some issues.

The question I have is there was a post somewhere that said, when she noticed Haleigh was missing, she called the Dad. He then said why are you calling me, and not the cops. On this tape he says, she was waiting on the steps for him and told him...THEN they called the cops.

Initial reports indicated when gf discovered Haleigh gone, she began watching for him almost as soon as she called, ie met him out front w phone as he pulled up since he was arriving home by then.

I guess I was just assuming that's what gf was doing during those 27 MINUTES after she discovered Haleigh gone, and 911 call was made... JMO

:parrot:

They called her(bio-mom) at 3:49 am (Nancy grace last night)

She(bio-mom) called dad to tell him around 5:00 am

Dad said on HLN that she was not called until 5 and that she did not believe it until he drove over there ans saw all the LE. Wish they would keep their stories straight.....:rolleyes:

Not calling for 27 minutes....red flag
or just plain not~so~smart (which is my thoughts....so far....LOL)

I will gladly eat my hat or be flogged with overcooked spagetti by my own ws peeps if one of the family had something to do with this.

For some reason I am thinking a new Jet Duncan or John Couey will emerge. Again just my thoughts... I just think that a lot has been lost in translation with the family due to their age and societal place.

But don't forget I will eat my hat (and gladly :-) if my thoughts are wrong

Unfortunately my mind was going to Haleigh is not ok and the bio mom would think she would never get caught. There just doesnt seem to be a bond there with bio mom and the kids, and with Haleigh having a medical condition mom didnt want to deal with that. I really really hate letting my mind go there.

Unlikely, because then she would be charged with kidnapping and that would deffinately not help her case.

Don't think that when I heard Hayleigh (gosh, does it have to be so "close") was missing, I didn't stop for a sec and say...ok, Casey is acconted for. IOW...I know how you feel.

When I first heard (on NG) I thought she was saying "caylee"... I was falling asleep and had to sit up to see what was going on..

I just don't think the bio mom would be able to pull this off in the long run...eventually the child would re-appear somewhere, school, etc. so she would never get away with it. but, in some ways, I kind of hope she did take her, cause then we'd know at least she is alive and OK.

Unfortunately my mind was going to Haleigh is not ok and the bio mom would think she would never get caught. There just doesnt seem to be a bond there with bio mom and the kids, and with Haleigh having a medical condition mom didnt want to deal with that. I really really hate letting my mind go there.

She seems defiant not confident..
Which tells alot as well..
I personally think a 10 year old can tell you where he slept, in whose bed, and in which room..She can't keep changing her mind, it is one way or the other..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana