Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceeker Said:

I totally agree! This man has a job and he cared enough to fight a custody battle when he sensed the mother wasn't able to take care of his children. Something a lot of men wouldn't bother to do. He's been careful not to trash the bio mom, which I find admirable considering their mudslinging in his direction. He's got a lot of rough edges, but I'm willing to not condemn someone just because they don't live or act like me.

He didn't start a custody battle with her, when she took him to court to prove paternity and get child support he turned the tables on her. Now why did she have to take him to court if he was such a fine upstanding father who supported his kids?

Before you go handing out any medals to dad please read the docs and the sworn statement from Crystal's dad. It is always possible that he took custody of the kids just so mom didn't have it and to get out of paying child support and to collect child support from mom.

It does happen. My ex who never paid a bit of attention to caring for our kids and who was verbally abusive, threatened me with the same thing. Only difference was I wasn't afraid of him. I stood up to him in court. I won and very shortly after, he quite his job to get out of paying child support and stopped seeing his kids all together.

I'm not saying that is what happened here, I'm just trying to keep an open mind to all possibilities.

Who would like to help me sort out the mystery of the blankets? I think it may connect with the inconsistent statements about which bed everyone was sleeping in that night. I've color coded the separate blankets Misty makes reference to. There seem to be three blankets in question, along with a "little sheet" that Misty eventually ends up covering Hayleigh with.

Here, again, is Misty's account of the blankets. This is what I hear:

Blanket 1: Her (Hayleigh's) blanket - needed to be washed because "she had peed on" it.

Blanket 2: A blanket that was hanging on the window, that "had to be washed."

Blanket 3: My (Misty's) blanket - Was in "the van that they took."

Observations: It seems that two of the blankets needed to be washed--the blanket taken down from the window and Hayleigh's blanket. Misty's blanket was not available due to being "in the van." There are two beds mentioned in the account. But at this point it looks like there were no blankets available for any of the beds.

Poor JR or does he have his own blanket?

Thank-You. I was trying to figure out away to say that.
yeah, ya think? She has been around adults who have records, (sorry for those who dont like this being brought up, but it is true, and public record) and everyone around her seems so dysfunctional. Who knows whats going on in that mind of hers. I hope she is completely innocent, but she isnt acting like it, I think the police know it, but there are so many "characters" in this whole family, there is a lot of muck to wade through. With the records some of the family has, there has to be alot to eliminate, and it takes time. I wouldnt be surprised if it were an uncle cousin, etc....but Id like clarification on Mistys storIES.

OT: No worries. I have a hard head. LOL (now sporting a "keyboard" tat on my forehead tho.)

I also picked up on the fact in the blanket interview...
Misty claimed she awoke about 3 & had she awoke she wouldn't of left THEM take her...........
then she stated: The van that THEY took had her blankert in it!

She uses the plural form.......maybe its just a figure of speech! THEM & THEY!

I am not in to blanket theory. But i remeber it in the very beginning that GF said that there was blanket and sheet on the ground. I will have to go look for that.

On the ground? What does this mean? I've missed this.

The reason a blanket is so important is because of the possible use to dispose of a body. Most victims killed and taken out of the home, which by the way is done by someone they know for a stranger doesn't remove bodies from a scene. The victims are wrapped in something, a shower curtain, blanket, sheet, rug something to keep fluids from getting on stuff. Plus easier to transport a dead body that way.

With Misty bringing up a blanket missing from the home, that could be important.

I also picked up on the fact in the blanket interview...
Misty claimed she awoke about 3 & had she awoke she wouldn't of left THEM take her...........
then she stated: The van that THEY took had her blankert in it!

She uses the plural form.......maybe its just a figure of speech! THEM & THEY!

Yes, but it's still people she is referring to...who took what van...lol

Something's been bothering me... I keep asking myself, with Misty seeming so "fishy" why the turnabout by the Bio Mom and her mother. It seems so odd given the circumstances. Then it hit me. They had "Jrs." Friday nite. I'm sure they grilled him (as I would) and maybe he said something that made them think Misty wasn't involved. Just a random thought while doing dishes. Still don't know what I think!

Who would like to help me sort out the mystery of the blankets? I think it may connect with the inconsistent statements about which bed everyone was sleeping in that night. I've color coded the separate blankets Misty makes reference to. There seem to be three blankets in question, along with a "little sheet" that Misty eventually ends up covering Hayleigh with.

Here, again, is Misty's account of the blankets. This is what I hear:

Blanket 1: Her (Hayleigh's) blanket - needed to be washed because "she had peed on" it.

Blanket 2: A blanket that was hanging on the window, that "had to be washed."

Blanket 3: My (Misty's) blanket - Was in "the van that they took."

Observations: It seems that two of the blankets needed to be washed--the blanket taken down from the window and Hayleigh's blanket. Misty's blanket was not available due to being "in the van." There are two beds mentioned in the account. But at this point it looks like there were no blankets available for any of the beds.

Agree there are 3 blankets.

I don't believe the number of beds can be determined from this interview.

i doubt a perp would want to turn on a light, but if it was pitch dark in the trailer then turning on a light would be better than stumbling around in the dark. depending on the layout of the trailer, would the kitchen light just barely light up the bedroom as to hopefully not awaken someone but enough to see where things were? is there a kitchen lightswitch near the back door?
IDK. IIRC, Misty states the backdoor is next to where she was washing clothes.

I wonder how much light were talking about here? An overhead light temporarily blinds you when it's very dark. A light in the ovenhood wouldn't be so stunning. I'm thinking since there were two children in the home, presumably potty trained, you would have nightlights on in case they got up to use the bathroom.

If the repairman was in the home that day, he would know the trailer layout and location of the kid's room(s). And wouldn't need much light. Anyone know if he's been cleared, or even if he exists? :confused:

OK...I am making my plea to the higher ups with the ability to give us a subforum for this mess. I realize little Adji doesn't have his own forum, but the truth is there is not enough information coming out in his case to warrant his own right now. This case is quickly becoming a case where it could play out maybe not as large as Caylee's, but it is drawing so much interest that it is already in need of being spread out, imo. (18 threads on Day 6!!)

:bowdown: Please! Please! Please! Reconsider! :gomods: :help: :HBwhiteflag: :crosseyed:

The reason a blanket is so important is because of the possible use to dispose of a body. Most victims killed and taken out of the home, which by the way is done by someone they know for a stranger doesn't remove bodies from a scene. The victims are wrapped in something, a shower curtain, blanket, sheet, rug something to keep fluids from getting on stuff. Plus easier to transport a dead body that way.

With Misty bringing up a blanket missing from the home, that could be important.

Kool Look I think the reference to the blanket/sheet on the ground came from the earliest media reports. Since then we have learned that LE pulled blanket/sheets from Haleigh outside the house for the dogs to get a scent to track.

Something's been bothering me... I keep asking myself, with Misty seeming so "fishy" why the turnabout by the Bio Mom and her mother. It seems so odd given the circumstances. Then it hit me. They had "Jrs." Friday nite. I'm sure they grilled him (as I would) and maybe he said something that made them think Misty wasn't involved. Just a random thought while doing dishes. Still don't know what I think!

My thought was they are trying to butter her up so she will talk to them....to see what they can get out of her....but I may be way off. Mainly because of the GM's I want to tell her face to face remark.

I agree.

The "blanket interview" set off bells for me.

the blankets on the ground had something to do with the dogs sniffing them outside so they wouldn't be smelling other scents. some criticized LE for throwing the blankets on the ground and possible destoying evidence.

My thought was they are trying to butter her up so she will talk to them....to see what they can get out of her....but I may be way off. Mainly because of the GM's I want to tell her face to face remark.
smart thinking

Well I am in the "Not sure there was really pee camp". Could have been something else she was getting rid of. And iirc...MGM said she did not wet the bed, hadn't in a couple of years.

Yea but how often did she really see the kids to know? Crystal got them every couple of weeks Frid. evening to sometime Sunday unless they weren't staying at Crystals and gma really had them.

AC man does exist and LE confirmed he was "cleared". We don't know if he was there in an official capacity or if he was there with the brother, imo. I have not seen anything where she says he was working on the unit, but she puts him there during the time the brother and nephews stopped by to visit. (If I even have this one straight!)

Yea but how often did she really see the kids to know? Crystal got them every couple of weeks Frid. evening to sometime Sunday unless they weren't staying at Crystals and gma really had them.

Well either way I am guessing when Misty made that statement it was discussed...and they knew it to be wrong and said so. :waitasec:

Ceeker Said:

I totally agree! This man has a job and he cared enough to fight a custody battle when he sensed the mother wasn't able to take care of his children. Something a lot of men wouldn't bother to do. He's been careful not to trash the bio mom, which I find admirable considering their mudslinging in his direction. He's got a lot of rough edges, but I'm willing to not condemn someone just because they don't live or act like me.

He didn't start a custody battle with her, when she took him to court to prove paternity and get child support he turned the tables on her. Now why did she have to take him to court if he was such a fine upstanding father who supported his kids?

Before you go handing out any medals to dad please read the docs and the sworn statement from Crystal's dad. It is always possible that he took custody of the kids just so mom didn't have it and to get out of paying child support and to collect child support from mom.

It does happen. My ex who never paid a bit of attention to caring for our kids and who was verbally abusive, threatened me with the same thing. Only difference was I wasn't afraid of him. I stood up to him in court. I won and very shortly after, he quite his job to get out of paying child support and stopped seeing his kids all together.

I'm not saying that is what happened here, I'm just trying to keep an open mind to all possibilities.

Yes an open mind is always a good thing... However I was going by what the Bio Mom said on Nancy Grace as well as all the threads/documents I've read. Dad picked them up "one weekend", didn't bring them back, and immediately filed for temporary custody, at, if I remember correctly, the exact same time she was accused in court docs of doing "something" to them. I can't remember the exact wording but I tended to believe it since Courts usually don't like it when a parent doesn't return a child at the designated time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc