FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I understood it, the blanket on the window smelled like pee...at least that's how she made it sound in the interview.

She was talking about 2 different blankets....Haleigh's that smelled like pee and another one that was hung over the window. She also mentions a third one that was in the van.

Okay again I'm going to get myself made fun of! :)

Back when we first got married we had nothing. I tacked sheets up at the window until I could sew them up as curtains for the kids room (we were a blended family, I got two children when I married Big Daddy:))

I worked at a waitress and bartender at night. I put a blanket up on my window so that when the kids took a nap during the day I could lay down and it would be dark enough for me to sleep too.

How long had they had that blanket up on that window? Was it dusty? Did they both smoke in the home? If so, I would've washed it too before I lay down with it. Just my two cents.
LOL Big Daddy! (You are a Suth'n Belle, my dear! :blowkiss:)

But...she doesn't say she washed both blankets...does she? This is why I am so confused. She said she washed the one that smelled like pee. What time was it when she washed the darn blanket or blankets?!

No. Absolutely not! I think this way because of all her changing stories and the like. Newsflash....Moms killed their kids before Casey...and they will after Casey. This case has nothing to do with Casey. Parents are the first suspects when a child disappears for a reason.
Repairmen are suspicious too! Remember Elizabeth Smart :waitasec: (not sure about last name)...the one from Utah who was abducted by some freak that did some work around the house.

Thanks, Ceeker and Kat!

Uh oh. I see another red flag there. (I guess I missed this interview before?)

Going into the "mom" thing was TMI. Too much explanation to bolster herself and she instantly talks about how they love her...not how much she loves them.

SS, I'm so glad to see everybody jumping on this. I saw the tape yesterday, and it bothered me all day.

Misty focused way too much time on giving an excuse for a missing blanket, way TMI. It's an important clue, IMO.

Also, near the end of the tape she said "and that's all I know", and goes into defending herself, and talking about how much the kids love HER.

Something WRONG here!

Her eyes were looking down and to the left MANY times. Also looking up part of the time.

At the least I think she was gone part of the time Ron was at work, but the whole blanket story is raising big red flags!

Btw if I ever arrived or awakened to a missing child, either my own or anyone else's--as others have said, I, too would be yelling frantically (probably more like screaming hysterically) out into the night--not sitting on a step. For the life of me I just cannot wrap my mind around the reactions by either gf or dad. Also when I first read Misty's account of removing blanket from window it made sense since one had been soiled and so needed laundering... but she reports that she covered Haleigh w a sheet...? :waitasec:
In addition, from beginning I've posted the timing of gf's call to dad seemed a bit too coincidental (made allowances tho for a waking routine when dad arrives each nite as others continue to support). But it has also always struck me as strange that dad did not make 911 call. Tho this too could have innocent explanation (dad's too angry and not calm enough to provide answers calmly; or blames gf and so demands it be she who reports etc) Lastly, agree totally the gf has NOT provided sufficient detail about the events of this day--at least not to media nor is LE indicating they have any more info. But they know much more, are playing close to the vest I believe, and have someone in mind. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn it is a family member AND a SO... :rolleyes:
JMO
:parrot:

some people might consider the dad a SO depending on the definition used. I thought it strange that according to dad that when he got home the gf said something like your back door is open and your daughter is gone. first, why the reference to daughter instead of Haleigh? second, under these circumstances, who would care about the back door? All that said I'm getting vibes from all the video that gf is a child like stoner and I tend to think she really was asleep, or passed out, during whatever happened to Haleigh, I'm getting vibes that the dad is trying a bunch of ways to deflect attention from himself. I do not think the dad could have done anything other than to arrange for what ever did happen, to happen. that is why I wondered about the polygraph, he seems real proud of himself that he passed "with flying colors".

She was talking about 2 different blankets....Haleigh's that smelled like pee and another one that was hung over the window. She also mentions a third one that was in the van.

Well...that makes a little more sense...I guess. :waitasec:
Thanks. :blowkiss:

Ohhhhh Myyyyy.

We need separate threads.
Repairman thread.
911 call thread.
MC body language thread.

(this is a plea to the mods - actually whining to mods now)
Please DO NOT forget the Blanket thread! :chicken:

Repairmen are suspicious too! Remember Elizabeth Smart :waitasec: (not sure about last name)...the one from Utah who was abducted by some freak that did some work around the house.

Yes they are....and that is some posters theory. Mine is Misty had something to do with it. My point was I did not think that way because of Casey.:)

Good Morning all. I just now had time to check in on your posts overnight. Read them all.

I like to sleep on things, so I turned Misty's account over and over in my head last night waiting for sleep.

I have nothing to support my thoughts as of now.

I don't believe Misty was in that house the whole time. I believe she did put the kiddos to bed at the time she said she did. But I don't think she was there the whole time.

I'm going to go back today and relisten to what she has to say in her interviews with the perspective of that she wasn't in the house. She doesn't strike me as someone that could come up with a well thought out coverup if she had commited the crime or had a hand in it.

She's young (whether you consider her still a child or a young adult) she's very young. I believe she stepped out for a while.

Just my two cents.

I also think she left once the kids were down. I think she propped open the back door to maybe hear the kids if they got up. Maybe they were not that far away ( they being her & a friend/friends.)
This young girl seems really afraid of her boyfriend.

THANK YOU for talking about the van and blankets. I'm wondering if this is key to the investigation.

Misty's brother Tommy and sister-in-law Lindsy who live on Tyler (around the block from Ron's) have a minivan. A picture of it is on Lindsy's myspace (at least it was yesterday) where she says it is her new van. (See the post I made about this yesterday, with link).

I am curious to know if this is the van that Misty was talking about in her interview. Tommy and his young sons were at the house in the afternoon before Haleigh went missing. Did he walk over? Did he drive over with the van?

Was the blanket in Tommy and Lindsy's van and did LE take Lindsy and Tommy's van?

I'm dying to know this. I'm tempted to email some reporters to ask them if they see the van in the neighborhood. Or is it missing?

Just found my post from yesterday: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3310403#post3310403 contains link to picture of van and transcript of Misty's interview re: blankets.

Yeah and what she's saying still doesn't make any more sense than it did when she said it. Obviously what she was saying meant something to her, I just haven't been able to figure out what the heck she's trying to say.

Misty's interview:
I put her to bed in her blanket and my blanket. My blanket was in the van that they took. So we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that and her blanket. Her blanket, was - her blanket she had peed on the blanket the night before I guess and I was gonna put it on her but it smelled like pee so I washed the blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with and she fell asleep and I come in there and put her blanket on her and then I lay down...

To me, it sounds like she washed Haleigh's blanket because it smelled like pee but she's saying she also washed the blanket that was used as a curtain (?) on the window as well. So there were no blankets at bedtime, just a sheet.

Again, why go into all this about the blankets?

And forgive me for being repetitive but WHOSE VAN WAS TAKEN AND WHY WAS THE BLANKET IN THE VAN?

DSapp is a SO.
AC man is another person

Yes, someone please reinterate.

Did LE confirm there was an AC repairman at the residence the day she disapeared?

Is the AC repairman DSapp the SO?
Or this rumor? Thanks in advance

(bold mine) Very sorry to repeat, and I know most are focused on "blanket theory" right now but am still troubled by DLSapp. Will someone post link or explain if, how, or when it was established for certain that he, and AC repairman, are two different people? Did LE reveal his identity (or eliminate in some other way?) If so, I did not catch that. JMO
:confused:

TIA... anyone?

:parrot:

Misty maybe young and naive, but growing up the way she did...she could be incredibly street smart.

SS, I'm so glad to see everybody jumping on this. I saw the tape yesterday, and it bothered me all day.

Misty focused way too much time on giving an excuse for a missing blanket, way TMI. It's an important clue, IMO.

Also, near the end of the tape she said "and that's all I know", and goes into defending herself, and talking about how much the kids love HER.

Something WRONG here!

Her eyes were looking down and to the left MANY times. Also looking up part of the time.

At the least I think she was gone part of the time Ron was at work, but the whole blanket story is raising big red flags!
I do think you are right. I noticed her eyes and body language, too. Darn it. I wanted to believe she was just an innocent, young adult with stars in her eyes. (sigh)

I felt she was lying, but I kept thinking it was only about leaving or having someone over etc. This morning, I am faced with cover up of possible wrongdoing.

The reason Misty is on the top of my list, is because she was the last known person with Haleigh when she was accounted for as being alive. She is the prime suspect in my eyes til she is cleared. Period. Right?

What if it was the other way around, the mom was at work and the boyfriend was keeping the kids? Oh boy, we would be hot on his behind. Rightfully so.

We have an indicator here for abuse, bedwetting, age of children and caretaker, circumstances are prime for abuse. Wasn't Misty abused? Probably sexually abused? Women molest just like men. Not to mention a jealousy factor. Daddy's little girl versus the dumb f'ing girlfriend which could cause animosity in Misty's heart.

I know I would be mad as fire if I took care of a man's kids, he showed me no appreciation, called me abusive names, and possibly put the daughter before her, I would be mad. But of course I wouldn't be mad with the children. I would be with the boyfriend for not treating me correctly in the situation in front of the children.

LOL Big Daddy! (You are a Suth'n Belle, my dear! :blowkiss:)

But...she doesn't say she washed both blankets...does she? This is why I am so confused. She said she washed the one that smelled like pee. What time was it when she washed the darn blanket or blankets?!

i believe there were 3 blankets. she washed two of them around 8 when she put the kids to bed. misty's blanket was apparently in a van which seems strange to me so she took down the one from the window to use for herself, but it needed to be washed also. this is misty's story atleast.....

I also think she left once the kids were down. I think she propped open the back door to maybe hear the kids if they got up. Maybe they were not that far away ( they being her & a friend/friends.)
This young girl seems really afraid of her boyfriend.

I believe from what I can hear on the 911 call, that she is afraid also. The second part of the 911 call is when she sounds the most frightened. She is answering in a quick, short "yes" as though someone is twisting her arm or otherwise threatening her. RC also said at the beginning of the second part of the call something to the effect "how the *advertiser censored** can you let someone take my child b****?

No. Absolutely not! I think this way because of all her changing stories and the like. Newsflash....Moms killed their kids before Casey...and they will after Casey. This case has nothing to do with Casey. Parents are the first suspects when a child disappears for a reason.

And I thought I was being blunt! You're right, of course. It's just that my mind is overloaded after the Caylee tragedy, and a person can believe only so much and still maintain some faith in humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero