FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
l_23bed0c623dd4e739f379b1b81ed29ca.jpg

I think this is a picture of Haleighs mom from her sister sarah account.

what's got me a little worried also is the fact if Haleigh was physically harmed/killed in the home, we know when someone dies their bladders void along with sometimes loosing fecal matter also. Which maybe why she washed the blanket, because she knew these bodily fluids was on the blanket and needed to explain if they did find any she missed in the clean up process. Dunno, just speculating. The mother and GM did say she hadn't wet the bed in a long time.

That can be verified through the school too, cuz I know it would probably be listed somewhere on her school record when she's registered so the teachers/care takers can keep an eye on a child of her age who hasn't maintained 100% bladder control yet. Most schools for kindergartners ask this or it's reported upon registration or conversing with the caretaker of the child during normal conversations throughout the school year.

So this can be verified through a neutral source if it is accurate she was a bed wetter. We have already two mama and GM denying it, sooooo and I can't see any reason why they would be lying about this detail concerning the child. So in my opinion the Turner syndrome has been debunked by me in my mind since the beginning of this case and I haven't commented.

If you have a constant bed wetter wouldn't you be more prepared for a nighttime accidet than Misty was? Would the child be in nighttime pull ups? Training pants? Something? It doesn't make sense not to, it actually would cost more to not be pro-active with the bedwetting than going through clean up every morn or nighttime.

YES! Exactly. So what else would have to be cleaned up? (sigh)

Did she do something inside the house and take her in the blanket out the backdoor to where she left her...maybe getting either bodily fluids and/or mud on it? She comes back with the blanket because she knows Ronnie will miss it and washes it to lay back on the bed? Is there a blanket in the mystery van? If so, where is it and does LE have it now? If not...then we do have a missing blanket.

SS, do you remember if there was talk in the beginning that LE confiscated a blanket that was hung out to dry there on the porch or something to that extent?

Me too, Kelly. I woke early this morning and turned the news on first thing, actually crossing my fingers and saying a little prayer that there'd be some good news about Haleigh. I am SOOOOO disappointed because the time that has passed now does not bode well for her or for her family.

I saw an earlier post that George and KFN had been invited to leave --- do we know if that's a fact? I hope so because this isn't about helping George to heal or about exposing Cindy and KFN to the public and the media ---- they'll have to find other ways to do that and leave this family alone. Why would the Cummings family want to be associated with folks whose own daughter killed a little girl (IMO)?

Oh I SOOOO Agree with you!!!! I wouldn't want George and KFN anywhere NEAR me unless I killed my own daughter, then he would be good for advice! I used to like George, but he has gone too far this time! It would be different had things been different in his case. But he is tainted and will never be able to get in this field!

I was hoping for news today too. Too much time has gone by now but I am still praying for that little girl.

Why was a pee soaked blanket hanging on the window?? When was it put there? That day?

Just from my experience working night shift, maybe dad put it in the window when he got home from work to better block sunlight coming through the window. I suppose it would have to have been put there that day, since M says Haleigh peed on it the night before.

I want to know if there are mini blinds on the window...anyone know?

I am taking this way out there, sorry. FTO wasn't it said that Haleigh was laying on a toddler bed mattress? IIRC all the toddler beds I used just used a crib mattress. The kind that was covered in plastic you know? That way the mattress wasn't ruined when one of the kiddo's peed.
Good point. Probably waterproof.

another thing I would like to know is have there been any reports of anybody in these 2 families being out there physically looking for the child? all I have seen is them standing around, or casually walking down the street, or sitting in lawn chairs. kinda like it is someone's job to go out there and find this child. the bio mom says she "knows* the child is still alive and out there, so why is no one looking? (if in fact they are not)

I don't find it odd that the family is not searching. Depending on the county, many LE agencies prefer that the family members NOT join the search, in case they do find a body. It's that way in my county, because my son is with the SD here and used to be a member of the horse patrol, S&R team. Think how awful it would be if you were the one to find your murdered child.
If it is a matter of a child that they know wandered off or got lost, they usually don't mind. But for a child that has been kidnapped in the middle of the night, they know it is not likely to find them alive after so long a time.
I never find fault with families not out searching.... some just can't do it, I know I couldn't.

YES! Exactly. So what else would have to be cleaned up? (sigh)

Did she do something inside the house and take her in the blanket out the backdoor to where she left her...maybe getting either bodily fluids and/or mud on it? She comes back with the blanket because she knows Ronnie will miss it and washes it to lay back on the bed? Is there a blanket in the mystery van? If so, where is it and does LE have it now? If not...then we do have a missing blanket.

Just playing devil's advocate here (since I don't know what I think) BUT maybe she peed in the bed in another room the night before but brought the blanket into the master bedroom which had the pee on it. It would have been a Sunday night and Ron would probably have been home so maybe they were in the other room the night before.

I am taking this way out there, sorry. FTO wasn't it said that Haleigh was laying on a toddler bed mattress? IIRC all the toddler beds I used just used a crib mattress. The kind that was covered in plastic you know? That way the mattress wasn't ruined when one of the kiddo's peed.

if it was a toddler bed/crib mattress it would have been covered in plastic and would have been an easy clean-up. this may also explain why Haleigh slept by herself. if she was prone to accidents, it would make sense to have her sleep on this type of mattress.

Very good point Kat. I do remember hearing about a toddler bed mattress. Maybe that's why MC said she "covered her with a little sheet", perhaps a small fitted sheet from the toddler mattress. I still wonder why her voice broke when she said "so I covered her with a little sheet". Strange.

Especially if it had happened the night before, then it would be dry by the next night of course, and most likely not smell that much if at all..

I'm pretty sure I would have noticed, I would have noticed the morning when I got her up for school. But that's just me. I'm super sensitive to odor and always have been. If my kids had been bed wetters I would have been doing their laundry first thing every morning or I wouldn't have been able to stay in the house. The kid would have had a bath or at least a quick shower that morning too.

I think it's one of those things, we know it when we smell it, that's for sure!

What if Misty was gettin' it on with somebody while the kids were asleep and Haleigh woke up and witnessed it? :eek:

i wonder if the police are "on to" misty, but don't want to jump the gun and have her stop talking and lawyer up. they probably want to find the body first and get some concrete evidence. there isn't really any hurry to arrest her. let her run. i doubt she'd get very far and it would look a bit guilty.

I was curious about the blanket on the window, too. She did say she left her blanket in the van. Did she take it down to wash it because it was dirty and she needed another one to cover Rj? Did she wash it together with Haleigh's blanket?

Ugh. As I type this it hit me that it doesn't make any sense at all. It sounds like a "story" she told to LE as to why the blankets were so clean or damp perhaps when they came after Haleigh went missing. Maybe they noticed where the other blanket had been hanging in the window (nails, brads, something there?) and she had to come up with such a story.

If the blankets had no scent at all of Haleigh on them it would also explain why they took it outside to try to get a clear "mark" for the dogs. It could mean that Haleigh was gone long before 3:00 am and she washed evidence. (sigh)

SS not sure you got to read my post to you on the other thread.In regards to the wells in Fl......
Most places have a small shed people call them pump houses they are above ground / inside they have the pumps for there wells. The wells have the pipe sticking out of the ground then the pump is attached.
From the pictures of there place & the shed in such close proximity to the house that is what I took it to be. They are not underground as ours are here.

THANK YOU for talking about the van and blankets. I'm wondering if this is key to the investigation.

Misty's brother Tommy and sister-in-law Lindsy who live on Tyler (around the block from Ron's) have a minivan. A picture of it is on Lindsy's myspace (at least it was yesterday) where she says it is her new van. (See the post I made about this yesterday, with link).

I am curious to know if this is the van that Misty was talking about in her interview. Tommy and his young sons were at the house in the afternoon before Haleigh went missing. Did he walk over? Did he drive over with the van?

Was the blanket in Tommy and Lindsy's van and did LE take Lindsy and Tommy's van?

I'm dying to know this. I'm tempted to email some reporters to ask them if they see the van in the neighborhood. Or is it missing?

Just found my post from yesterday: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3310403#post3310403 contains link to picture of van and transcript of Misty's interview re: blankets.

Just from my experience working night shift, maybe dad put it in the window when he got home from work to better block sunlight coming through the window. I suppose it would have to have been put there that day, since M says Haleigh peed on it the night before.

I want to know if there are mini blinds on the window...anyone know?
That makes sense he was blocking the light, but let me get this straight in my head...

Haleigh's blanket had pee. She took the one off the window to use, but instead washed it, too? Or the blanket on the window smelled like pee? Oh, Gosh...I need more coffee and a softer keyboard. :waitasec:

Btw if I ever arrived or awakened to a missing child, either my own or anyone else's--as others have said, I, too would be yelling frantically (probably more like screaming hysterically) out into the night--not sitting on a step. For the life of me I just cannot wrap my mind around the reactions by either gf or dad. Also when I first read Misty's account of removing blanket from window it made sense since one had been soiled and so needed laundering... but she reports that she covered Haleigh w a sheet...? :waitasec:
In addition, from beginning I've posted the timing of gf's call to dad seemed a bit too coincidental (made allowances tho for a waking routine when dad arrives each nite as others continue to support). But it has also always struck me as strange that dad did not make 911 call. Tho this too could have innocent explanation (dad's too angry and not calm enough to provide answers calmly; or blames gf and so demands it be she who reports etc) Lastly, agree totally the gf has NOT provided sufficient detail about the events of this day--at least not to media nor is LE indicating they have any more info. But they know much more, are playing close to the vest I believe, and have someone in mind. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn it is a family member AND a SO... :rolleyes:
JMO
:parrot:

THANK YOU for talking about the van and blankets. I'm wondering if this is key to the investigation.

Misty's brother Tommy and sister-in-law Lindsy who live on Tyler (around the block from Ron's) have a minivan. A picture of it is on Lindsy's myspace (at least it was yesterday) where she says it is her new van. (See the post I made about this yesterday, with link).

I am curious to know if this is the van that Misty was talking about in her interview. Tommy and his young sons were at the house in the afternoon before Haleigh went missing. Did he walk over? Did he drive over with the van?

Was the blanket in Tommy and Lindsy's van and did LE take Lindsy and Tommy's van?

I'm dying to know this. I'm tempted to email some reporters to ask them if they see the van in the neighborhood. Or is it missing?

And Tommy would be my bet as to who helped her if she needed it!!!!

Btw if I ever arrived or awakened to a missing child, either my own or anyone else's--as others have said, I, too would be yelling frantically (probably more like screaming hysterically) out into the night--not sitting on a step. I cannot wrap my mind around the reaction by either gf or dad. Also when I first read Misty's account of removing blanket from window it made sense since one had been soiled and so needed laundering... but she reports that she covered Haleigh w a sheet...? :waitasec:
In addition, from beginning I've posted the timing of gf's call to dad seemed a bit too coincidental (but made allowances for a waking routine when dad arrives each nite as others continue to suggest). But it has also always struck me as strange that dad did not make 911 call. Tho this too could have innocent explanation (dad's too angry and obviously not calm enough to provide answers calmly; or blames gf and so demands it be she who reports etc) Lastly, agree totally the gf has NOT provided sufficient detail about the events of this day--at least not to media nor is LE indicating they have any more info. But they know much more, are playing close to the vest I believe, and have someone in mind. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn it is a family member AND a SO... :rolleyes:
JMO
:parrot:

I think the father was running around the trailer checking while Misty was on the phone with 911 you can hear him in the background, his voice gets closer and farther away..

Just read a few posts back that Misty was homeless when she got together with Ron? I missed that somehow. With so much family around I was surprised to read that. :confused:

I just watched the blanket video again and Misty just seems more and more suspicous to me, I agree she can remind you of Susan Smith at times. The thing that throws me off though is that I can't see her being able getting away with anything for this long, no matter what "anything" might be, just a made up about getting up to go to the bathroom, opening the backdoor, which bed she slept in, going out for awhile while the kids were sleeping or hurting Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock