FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think that Ron had anything to do with this. If he was at work that night then he would have people that could back him on that. He might even have to clock out of the place when he leaves which would also give them proof. I know that those two have past record and that so does the bio mom but I really don't the father or bio mom had anything to do with this. The biomom is way to broken up about it just like the father is. JMO

Really? I haven't seen that she is all that broken up by it. I mean I am not one to cry in public and she may not be either but really I haven't seen that much emotion from Biomom at all. Matter of fact I have seen indifference. She tries to cry but the tears just wont come. JMO.

Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

So they lived in another mobile in the same neighborhood before the 212 green lane one?

That is new "News" to me. Interesting??? Wonder where they lived first? In the same park?

I think it is possible for one of the people (Misty's brother, one of her nephews or the Ac repairman) that had been to the home earlier in the evening to have unlocked the door, unknown to Misty. Ron would have checked that the door was locked before he went to work at about 3 pm. The "vistors" did not arrive until 5 pm. I think the back door was the entry point. The brick was used to hold open the door so that it would not close behind the perp and make a noise that could possibly wake someone. They could have quietly crept into the room, snatched Haleigh and left the same way they came in. JMO

I am convinced that whoever took and did something to Haleigh that it was someone she knew. I think she was alive and walked to the pond and to the end of those tracks hence the reason why her scent stopped at the end of them. I think whoever it was that had her made her walk there and the fact that she KNEW them explains why she would have willingly went with them and didn't make a noise. They could have easily lied to her to get her to go with them if it was someone she knew and I have though since the day this news broke Haleigh knew whoever it was that took her and that this person knew their way around that house. It also explains why they knew exactly what room to go to and why they got out of that place with no one in the house knowing.

The POI could have parked his/her vehicle near the train tracks(ONLY IF THIS IS POSSIBLE) then walked to the Cummings house getting the brick on the way there so that they could use it to get Haleigh out of their faster. They then go in through the front door making their way into the kitchen and turning the light on. After doing that they go to the backdoor, open it up and then prop the brick there. They then make their way to the bedroom to get Haleigh who wakes up and willingly goes with them since she knew whoever it was. They walk into the woods, go near the pond to try and make people think she fell in or her body was dumped there, and they then leave the pond making their way back to the vehicle at the train tracks. While walking back to the vehicle they could have been lying to Haleigh all along about where they were going and why they were there.

This could explain why her scent was no longer there, the trail of scent to the pond, and would explain the brick there at the home.

I am trying to follow this but you all are posting to much too quickly!!

My main question right now is about the school truancy. I keep reading that supposedly the father was being threatened with jail time because she had missed so much school. Is there verification of that? It sounds kinda hinky considering that Haleigh was only 5 and not yet required by Florida law to be in school. :waitasec:

I am curious to know:

1 WAS she missing a lot of school? If so, was it consecutive days or just random?

2 WAS Dad in trouble as a result of her missing school?

Deputies Back in Haleigh's Neighborhood

Posted By: Lindy Thackston
bullet1.gif
Created: 2/16/2009 8:04:40 PM
bullet1.gif
Updated: 2/17/2009 12:19:40 AM

adlabel_horz.gif

SATSUMA, FL -- Donald Bard remembers the phone call early last Tuesday morning that woke him up.

His wife Phyllis answered the call.

"We were sleeping and then we received a phone call, the automated phone call that Haleigh Cummings was missing in our neighborhood," said Phyllis Bard.

The Bard's recognized the name right away.

"The home where Haleigh was taken from belonged to my parents," said Phyllis.

It sits right next door to her own home, and Phyllis began renting it out a few years ago after her father died of diabetes complications and her mother died in a car crash 80 days later.

The Bard's first met Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings, last August.

Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131483&catid=3

i think this is just another case of bad reporting or poor communication skills. unless both houses are right next door to hers which i guess is possible, but i doubt it.

Help I'm new and it will take awhile for me to get caught up but can anyone answer these questions? Sorry if they've already been posted.

1. I know that LE released the fact that CPS has been out to the house involving both Dad and Misty, but no police attended. Do we know why? Not sure about Florida but where I am from, these means chronic neglect..school calling over absenteeism, lack of food, or neighbors reporting poor parental supervision, kids not picked up ect, but not sexual or physical involvement or the police would have been called. Would be interesting to know if any of these reports involved the kids not being supervised or left out in the trailor park.

2. I read somewhere else, sorry no link, this was b/f I thought about joining this board, that the night before Hayleigh went missing, her dad had just found Misty after a 3 day bender and gotten her back to look after the kids and that both parents had gang affiliation because of drug inv.
Has anyone else heard or seen this reported?

3. Does anyone know anything in detail about the circumstances where Hayleigh was found face down in a canal? Who was in charge of her that day?

Sorry if this is repetitive!!

1.) I do not believe there has been an explanation as to why CPS had been to the home. BUT, I would like to know if there was a proper amount of nutritious food in the house, milk, eggs, and so forth. I also would think that CPS would question why there were mattresses on the floor rather than proper beds for the children. Were there clean clothes for the children? Just a number of things that would need to be looked at if CPS had come for a visit in response to a complaint from anyone. Could Haleigh have been falling asleep at school, come to school with dirty clothes, smelling like urine, etc.? Did she say anything at school to the teacher that would cause the teacher to wonder about Haleighs home life? Very frequent absences? May not have been the teacher at all, but it had to be in response to someone having called in. JMO.

2.) Not heard anything about this rumor at all.

3.) Haleigh's biological Mom, Crystal, had made the allegation that Ronald had been supposed to keeping an eye on Haleigh while she was putting the baby, Ronald Jr., in his carseat. She had come to get the children for a visit. She said that Ronald did not know where Hayleigh was and that she had located Haleigh face down in the canal by his Mother's house. She purportedly said that she had to save Haleigh's life. I do not believe this for one moment. 911, nor police were called. There is no documentation of this incident.
Plus, supposedly, even though Crystal had pulled Haleigh from having been face down in the canal, Haleigh had no health issues from it. No water in her little lungs? No cold afterwards? This is so unreal!

4.) Fact: This whole thing is making me goofy! :crazy:

That is new "News" to me. Interesting??? Wonder where they lived first? In the same park?

Phyllis Bard's husband is the one who owns several properties in the neighborhood, and rents them to SO's, including Kyle J.

Ron may have trouble renting, too, with his record

I think PB's husband is building his own kind of "good old boy's club" in the area.

Really? I haven't seen that she is all that broken up by it. I mean I am not one to cry in public and she may not be either but really I haven't seen that much emotion from Biomom at all. Matter of fact I have seen indifference. She tries to cry but the tears just wont come. JMO.

I share your opinion. That woman is a robot.

Well, we all do - even if they are our own babies. My point is, this girl is just barely 17 and has been with the father for a total of 5 months - the majority of which they have been living together it would seem. I just don't see her being that close to these children and I see it more as her "playing house" and him using her to take care of his children. Then again, they do seem to be presenting a united front now. But I do see him as very controlling and her being afraid of him or afraid to lose him. Just sayin'.....if my husband ever called me a dumb bitc*, it would be the last words he ever spoke. Yet she is very much with him. Just cannot relate to that at all.

I flunked smiley's class, but thank you, I agree.

I am trying to follow this but you all are posting to much too quickly!!

My main question right now is about the school truancy. I keep reading that supposedly the father was being threatened with jail time because she had missed so much school. Is there verification of that? It sounds kinda hinky considering that Haleigh was only 5 and not yet required by Florida law to be in school. :waitasec:

I am curious to know:

1 WAS she missing a lot of school? If so, was it consecutive days or just random?

2 WAS Dad in trouble as a result of her missing school?

i think both Ron and bio mom have said that she missed a lot of school. Bio mom was asked about it I think on NG and she said that she didn't know why, just that Haleigh was sick a lot.
I don't think Ron was in trouble yet, but he was getting close. It may have been mentioned to him by the school that she couldn't miss any more days, but I dont think any action had yet been taken.

Interesting that the sheriff just started being sheriff in 2009. BIG case for him, he doesnt want to mess this up. He was a former narcotics officer and won by a landslide. IIRC, he was s school resource officer as well. He is putting this case together very carefully. He hasnt been sheriff for 2 months yet....

Not sure what is going on with WS tonight or its just me ...anywho my reply button is only at the bottom of a page not on each message as normal.

I am pretty sure with TES leaving & LE cutting back on the search for little Haleigh that we are not far from an arrest.Whatever evidence they found & sent to Jacksonville must certainly be near completion.

If LE thought a SO had gotten her they'd of certainly warned everyone to double check locking there doors at night. Or at least put out some sort of a bulletin. To protect the community. JMHO

Interesting that the sheriff just started being sheriff in 2009. BIG case for him, he doesnt want to mess this up. He was a former narcotics officer and won by a landslide. IIRC, he was s school resource officer as well. He is putting this case together very carefully. He hasnt been sheriff for 2 months yet....

Narcotics....hmmm, I wonder if he has run across any of the players before this?

Narcotics....hmmm, I wonder if he has run across any of the players before this?
my money's on the Sheriff - he not only knows them - he knows where they live and their mama's too!!! Probably helped bust some of them.

Phyllis Bard's husband is the one who owns several properties in the neighborhood, and rents them to SO's, including Kyle J.

Ron may have trouble renting, too, with his record

I think PB's husband is building his own kind of "good old boy's club" in the area.

If PB's husband met Ronald in August, then we know that he had known Misty at least a little over 6 months. Maybe she was visiting with her brother over on Tyler Street. But, how did she and Ronald meet in the first place? I wonder if PB advertised this mobile home in the newspaper?

Guess we will have to sleuth these people too!

I doubt he was threatened with jail time for missed school at that age. Either Ron was exaggerating or there was more to the reports they were getting on him.
I'm betting it was missed school with some other neglect issues. I also wonder about how the kids were dressed, the food in the house, and if Hayleigh came to school tired or hygiene was an issue.
I wish somehow we could hear from other parents at the school or neighbors about some of this stuff.

How could RC not know his new neighbor, K Johns, is related to bio-mom (if true) & that he's SO? How could bio-mom & her mom not know?

Ah, new sheriff would explain a lot.
yeah, and I noticed he "deferred" to the other gentleman on some questions at press conferences. Someone would ask a question, and before he answered, IF he answered, he looked at the white haired officer, dont remember his name,sorry.....................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member