FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why do people keep saying "minor child gf"?
Just say Misty.

They either missed or forgot about the posts 13 threads back where people got tired of hearing about Ron having an underage gf; as their minor child gf relationship is not relevant to finding Haleigh.

Speaking of Karl Johns.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this but I couldnt bring it over without the actual post. I'm not that adept with comp. stiff/ There is some info on here that Crystal 's mother was a Johns.

http://.net/index.php?topic=4523.msg675680#msg675680

LOL.............I found the marriage record a few days ago and posted it here. Evidently someone at SM picked it up from this forum. :)

Crystal's mother was Nancy Marie Johns. She married first, Johnny Marcus Sheffield, and then Bruce A. Griffis.

On the marriage record, the witnesses were Virgil Johns junior and Marilyn C. Johns.

I believe Virgil Johns is the father of Nancy Marie Griffis (maiden name Johns) as I found a deed in Baker County in which Virgil Johns gave land to Nancy M. Griffis for the sum of "love and affection" instead of a dollar amount. This usually denotes a family relationship in which land is given and not sold.

I also found the marriage of Virgil Johns and Marilyn C. Johns, and he was born in 1944, she in 1953. They were married in 1994 when Nancy M. was 29 years old. I think Marilyn C. Johns is a second wife. Virgil would have been 21 when his daughter was born.

Okay, I'm hoping to catch up. I have a couple questions.

1. Misty says she put the kids to bed at 8 because Haleigh goes to school in the morning. Where does little Ron go?

2. Everyone is focusing on the back door being blocked open as an entry point. What about the front door?

Maybe at the request of the TEXAS authorities? They had another missing person search request? That's what I understood anyway.

That could be. I haven't heard of a missing person case besides the one in Pearland and Tim didn't do the search for her, another Houston based search team did...

an abduction isn't foul play? j/k. i'm wondering if they have found the body but are still building a case. my best guess has misty being involved and i noticed that the big search today was right off the highway between ron's house and daytona beach (where misty used to live). a route i assume she is familiar with, but ten or so miles from ron's house (knowing searches would be centered around ron's house). (i'm assuming hwy 17 or whatever it was is the route you would take to daytona beach.)

If they have a body, next of kin must be notified immediately. I don't think that has happened.

If Misty did do something to or with Hayleigh, if there was no other vehicle at home, then she must have gotten some help. The dogs stopped by the train tracks. Unless it's like Caylee's case and the area really wasn't thoroughly searched, then Hayleigh was taken away in a vehicle.

Deputies Back in Haleigh's Neighborhood

Posted By: Lindy Thackston
bullet1.gif
Created: 2/16/2009 8:04:40 PM
bullet1.gif
Updated: 2/17/2009 12:19:40 AM

adlabel_horz.gif

SATSUMA, FL -- Donald Bard remembers the phone call early last Tuesday morning that woke him up.

His wife Phyllis answered the call.

"We were sleeping and then we received a phone call, the automated phone call that Haleigh Cummings was missing in our neighborhood," said Phyllis Bard.

The Bard's recognized the name right away.

"The home where Haleigh was taken from belonged to my parents," said Phyllis.

It sits right next door to her own home, and Phyllis began renting it out a few years ago after her father died of diabetes complications and her mother died in a car crash 80 days later.

The Bard's first met Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings, last August.

Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131483&catid=3

What is the differance between a 'Endangered Child' vs a 'Missing Child'?

I think a "missing child" is one that the whereabouts are not known either from wandering or running away or even possible abduction by a noncustodial parent. One that LE doesn't necessarily think is in immediate danger. An "endangered child" would most likely be a child that is abducted by a stranger or that has been missing without their whereabouts being know long enough and LE feels they are subject to or have been a victim of a crime. Younger children would most likely be considered endangered sooner since they are not capable of caring for themselves... I think ALL missing children should be considered endangered...even if they are runaways. JMHO

Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

So they lived in another mobile in the same neighborhood before the 212 green lane one?

:clap:
You reacted like normal parents would. (a few new gray hairs but thank God he's ok, right!) I have not heard Misty & Ron mentioning checking on Jr., waking him up & asking if he heard anything, etc. The omission is strange. I mean he only just turned 4, but you'd think Ron or Misty would have added "We asked Jr. & he said he didn't see or hear anything, either." I know I'd be on Greta & Nancy & Geraldo going "I didn't see or hear anything, he didn't see or hear anything, the preschooler didn't see or hear anything, the dog didn't see or hear anything. That's it! For G***'s sake, people, we didn't do it! Now, please would everybody stop wasting time and get busy and help us find our darling little girl?!"

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

OMG. IDK if this is anything to be looking into but are we are absolutely sure that Misty is really 17 years old? I looked her up on PeekYou.com and her age listed is "19" and I know it is Misty b.c it has her picture and the location as Satsuma.

http://www.peekyou.com/Misty_Croslin/

No, early 20s and I also had no "mothering skills", just learned and made lots of mistakes along way.

Well, we all do - even if they are our own babies. My point is, this girl is just barely 17 and has been with the father for a total of 5 months - the majority of which they have been living together it would seem. I just don't see her being that close to these children and I see it more as her "playing house" and him using her to take care of his children. Then again, they do seem to be presenting a united front now. But I do see him as very controlling and her being afraid of him or afraid to lose him. Just sayin'.....if my husband ever called me a dumb bitc*, it would be the last words he ever spoke. Yet she is very much with him. Just cannot relate to that at all.

Did you notice she has it put in that she is a Gemini... if thats the case her birthday is not in December... it would be between May 22 & June 22 I think is the change over.
yes, strange......

So they lived in another mobile in the same neighborhood before the 212 green lane one?
hmmmmm..Cajun, you're on a roll tonight

OMG. IDK if this is anything to be looking into but are we are absolutely sure that Misty is really 17 years old? I looked her up on PeekYou.com and her age listed is "19" and I know it is Misty b.c it has her picture and the location as Satsuma.

http://www.peekyou.com/Misty_Croslin/
On peek you, that is a copy of her earlier myspace page, so she could put 80 years old on her profile if she wanted.

I think it is possible for one of the people (Misty's brother, one of her nephews or the Ac repairman) that had been to the home earlier in the evening to have unlocked the door, unknown to Misty. Ron would have checked that the door was locked before he went to work at about 3 pm. The "vistors" did not arrive until 5 pm. I think the back door was the entry point. The brick was used to hold open the door so that it would not close behind the perp and make a noise that could possibly wake someone. They could have quietly crept into the room, snatched Haleigh and left the same way they came in. JMO

That is the only thing that concerns me about Ron, you would think the good father would go running to the first possible witness (Misty). WHen first witness has nothing, you move to the second, (RJ). You are right, there is no mention of waking RJ, taking him somewhere safe, asking him where his sister is.
It also makes me wonder if RJ slept through all the screaming of the 911 call. Usually with little kids, if their parents are that upset, they are upset, even if they don't know why. But we don't hear RJ crying in the background in that tape.
If I came home and one of my kids were missing, the other one would be in my arms until i knew that they weren't going to disappear too. It would be instinct.
I really don't want to start doubting Ron, but it's getting harder not to the more time I have to think about it.

Yes, during a family crisis, no matter what it was, looking back, even when we were quiet, like a phone call in the middle of the night a family member died, the kids would inevitably wake up, one of the older kids missed a curfew, younger kids woke up, sister sick in the middle of the night, the others had to get up to see what was going on. Mine all had their own rooms and slept with their doors shut most of the time so maybe JR did wake up it just hasn't been mentioned.

So thats why the age was entered in there?
yeah, it was taken right from her myspace, so was the picture. It is an older profile, no friends on her profile, and she could put any age, and the Peekyou would just show what it "knows" not necessarily the truth. aaah, the joys of the internet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay