GUILTY FL - Astronaut Lisa Nowak arrested in kidnap attempt, 5 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This coming week is National Mental Health Care week.

You can do your part by remembering to contact at least one unstable person to show you care.

Ok, consider yourselves contacted!

Well, my job is done!

PS: the only thing more nuts than this woman is the media's fixation with this story. geesh

PSS: makes one wonder about how good all those psycho evals are...huh!

PSSS: and lest we think this is a female hysteria only problem, let's all remember all those freakin crazy men in high places that go off the deep end and steal fighter planes and crash them in utah...>>>>?????

PaperDoll said:
I wonder what his role is in all this? meaning what was going in the their marriage...
my only thought was he was away of an affair, that is the only reason I can think he wasnt there to assist her- 19 years is a long time-
I find it ineresting too, that out of the 3 folks, she was the "married" one

oh, and by the way, everyone knows that if you're too smart (genius), you are totally on the edge of crazy.

it's that "striking similarity between everything and nothing" thingy.
jmo....lol

I wonder if it had been a Male Astronaut would he still be in jail. Why do some give such sympathy just because it's a woman who committed the crime, instead of a man.

Women can be just as Evil, IMHO.

I agree. Mary Winkler is a good example. Not of being evil I mean, although there is a good case for that, but for being out before her trial and allowed to pretty much roam free.

richandfamous said:
oh, and by the way, everyone knows that if you're too smart (genius), you are totally on the edge of crazy.

it's that "striking similarity between everything and nothing" thingy.
jmo....lol
Are you calling me crazyyyyyyyyyy? ROFL:waitasec: hehe

curious1 said:
I'm with you. I do think that she certainly has some mental health issues, but she knew what she was doing was wrong. She thought this through folks. IMO the reason she went to FL to carry out her plan was because she knew if this happened in another state that LE would not automatically tie it to her, it would have better chance of looking like a random crime. She had all that stuff in her car. She planned this out and you cannot ignore that. Now, if she was coherent enough to think all that through then she knew what she was doing was wrong. So IMO mental illness does not excuse what she did.
Good afternoon curious1! I agree with you completely on this. She does appear to have mental health issues that would cause her to "go off the deep end" and plot this crime against Shipman. But at the same time she did plan it and should be punished accordingly.

jillybean said:
I wonder if it had been a Male Astronaut would he still be in jail. Why do some give such sympathy just because it's a woman who committed the crime, instead of a man.

Women can be just as Evil, IMHO.
If it had been a male astronaut, I'm not sure. But if it had been someone regular person who wasn't an astronaut or well-known, male or female, they'd definitely still be in jail.

jillybean said:
Are you calling me crazyyyyyyyyyy? ROFL:waitasec: hehe
Well, don't they say there's a fine line between genius and insane? I just dont' think you've crossed it...yet. Put the Depends down jillybean! :crazy:

panthera said:
If it had been a male astronaut, I'm not sure. But if it had been someone regular person who wasn't an astronaut or well-known, male or female, they'd definitely still be in jail.
I agree, if she did not have such a prestigous job or if she were male she would not be free on 25,000.00 bond. I am sure of it.

Hey guys, I haven't posted in awhile due to a computer meltdown, and then we moved, then there were the holidays, etc., etc.
Okay, enough of my excuses! I just wanted to explain in case anybody missed me! :p

So, is this a Clear Lake woman thing? First, there was Andrea Yates, then Clara Harris, and now Lisa Nowak. Good thing I moved from there! :eek:

I do know someone who knows her and was told she is very OCD, which could be a good thing when it comes to a space program, but apparently she was a little over the top. I was told when there was to be a meeting with her present, there'd be lots of rolling eyes and such. Anyway, I don't want to get into too much of what was said as that's heresay and one person's opinion, but I did find the OCD part of particular interest to this case.

sleuthin4fun said:
I agree, if she did not have such a prestigous job or if she were male she would not be free on 25,000.00 bond. I am sure of it.

I am not so sure... technically all she did was pepper spray this women.
So the charges (in a legal sense) seem very extreme.

If you look around at other threads you will see a dad who poisioned his kids for profit and he only got 5 years!!!

curious1 said:
Well, don't they say there's a fine line between genius and insane? I just dont' think you've crossed it...yet. Put the Depends down jillybean! :crazy:
LOL I drink about a Gallon of water a day, I might just need them!:D

snoopy said:
Hey guys, I haven't posted in awhile due to a computer meltdown, and then we moved, then there were the holidays, etc., etc.
Okay, enough of my excuses! I just wanted to explain in case anybody missed me! :p

So, is this a Clear Lake woman thing? First, there was Andrea Yates, then Clara Harris, and now Lisa Nowak. Good thing I moved from there! :eek:

I do know someone who knows her and was told she is very OCD, which could be a good thing when it comes to a space program, but apparently she was a little over the top. I was told when there was to be a meeting with her present, there'd be lots of rolling eyes and such. Anyway, I don't want to get into too much of what was said as that's heresay and one person's opinion, but I did find the OCD part of particular interest to this case.
Welcome back :D
Thanks for the information about OCD but I'm wondering would this fit into her "compulsion" to want to eliminate Shipman? Or would there be some other mental disorder involved? I'm thinking of the manner in which she went about getting to Shipman which seems clearly pre-meditated and didn't seem to be just "to talk" with her or scare her.

ljwf22 said:
Thanks for the heads up!

From the Houston Chronicle on Oefelein: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/space/4531995.html

And on Shipman: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/space/4532072.html
Hmm Billy-O and ex divorced in 2005? I guess that training in Canada in 2004 might have broke that marriage back.The more i read the madder I am getting at this jerk that calls himself a Man.It really is looking like he was playing two sides against the middle an it backfired . :banghead:

Amraann said:
I am not so sure... technically all she did was pepper spray this women.
So the charges (in a legal sense) seem very extreme...snip
But can't someone be charged with attempted murder without actually making it to the actual attempt? They can be on the way to commit murder with a weapon(s) and if they are caught on the way or at their destination with said weapon(s) even before they have 'attempted' anything can't they still be charged? All LE has to do is prove they had the intent to kill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back