GUILTY FL - Astronaut Lisa Nowak arrested in kidnap attempt, 5 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JDB said:
Hmm Billy-O and ex divorced in 2005? I guess that training in Canada in 2004 might have broke that marriage back.The more i read the madder I am getting at this jerk that calls himself a Man.It really is looking like he was playing two sides against the middle an it backfired . :banghead:
Should make us appreciate our loving Hubby's even more. I will be sure and give mine a BIG smack in the lips when he gets home!!:crazy:

JDB said:
Hmm Billy-O and ex divorced in 2005? I guess that training in Canada in 2004 might have broke that marriage back.The more i read the madder I am getting at this jerk that calls himself a Man.It really is looking like he was playing two sides against the middle an it backfired . :banghead:
I agree with ya JDB
except, it didnt backfire on him, if this is the case--

There is OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and then there is OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive PERSONALITY Disorder). The latter is usually co-morbid with at least one other disorder (and usually another type of personality disorder) which could be the driving force behind this behavior.

JDB said:
This may turn out to be the case, but trust me there are plenty of women out there that if a guy takes them out on one date they become obsessed. In college one of my former friends never even really went out with the guy we all went out in a big group together and she started talking about converting to his religion so when they started dating his parents would accept her. I was like WTF? You have not even gone out with him. She was totally obsessed and they never even kissed, but that did not stop her from planning a future with him. Some women are just like that.

I thought I heard on LK last night that Adultery in the Military is a crime and this man (if you can call him that) could be prosecuted???

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.:)

Dalilah said:
There is OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and then there is OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive PERSONALITY Disorder). The latter is usually co-morbid with at least one other disorder (and usually another type of personality disorder) which could be the driving force behind this behavior.
Right, and I'd think that if Lisa has one of the two it would be the OCPD. When I think of OCD I'm more thinking of someone like "Monk" who's a neat freak! :p

jillybean said:
I thought I heard on LK last night that Adultery in the Military is a crime and this man (if you can call him that) could be prosecuted???

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.:)
I heard that also, but if he's not married, then would the adultery be because he had a relationship with someone who is married (Lisa)?:waitasec:

panthera said:
Right, and I'd think that if Lisa has one of the two it would be the OCPD. When I think of OCD I'm more thinking of someone like "Monk" who's a neat freak! :p
Exactly, panthera.

Dalilah said:
Exactly, panthera.
Thanks! :D I've heard of those with OCPD becoming jealously possessive and capable of doing wht Lisa is accused of.

Dalilah said:
Dalilah, do you know some of the behaviors associated with OCPD? I've never heard of that type of personality disorder, but if it's anything like OCD, I bet it's a doozy. TIA.

j2mirish said:
I agree with ya JDB
except, it didnt backfire on him, if this is the case--
Oh it just might have. If NASA does have grounds to charge with adultry. His days in NASA are numbered.

FFWifey said:
Dalilah, do you know some of the behaviors associated with OCPD? I've never heard of that type of personality disorder, but if it's anything like OCD, I bet it's a doozy. TIA.
Here is the DSM-IV-TR criteria for OCPD:

The DSM-IV-TR, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines that for a patient to be diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, they must exhibit at least four of the following traits:
  • Preoccupation with details, rules, lists, order, organization, bodily functions, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost
  • Showing perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met)
  • Excessive devotion to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity)
  • Being overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values (not accounted for by cultural or religious identification)
  • Inability to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value
  • Reluctance to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things
  • Adopting a miserly spending style toward both self and others; money is viewed as something to be hoarded for future catastrophes
  • Showing rigidity and stubbornness
  • Urge to perfect every little thing
Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is often confused with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). OCD is ego-dystonic where OCPD is ego-syntonic. This is to say, those with OCD know their behavior is problematic where the symptoms of OCPD are part of a person's personality and are generally unaware of problematic behaviors.
Those who are suffering from OCPD do not generally feel the need to repeatedly perform ritualistic actions (such as excessive hand-washing), while this is a common symptom of OCD. Instead, people with OCPD tend to stress perfectionism above all else, and feel anxious when they perceive that things are not "right."

People with OCPD may hoard money, keep their home perfectly organized, or be anxious about delegating tasks for fear that they won't be completed correctly. There are three primary areas that cause anxiety for OCPD personalities: time, dirt and money. There are few moral gray areas for a person with OCPD; actions and beliefs are either completely right, or absolutely wrong. As might be expected, interpersonal relationships are difficult because of the excessive demands placed on friends, romantic partners, and children.

panthera said:
I heard that also, but if he's not married, then would the adultery be because he had a relationship with someone who is married (Lisa)?:waitasec:
Yes, because she was married. This is what I meant.

JDB said:
Oh it just might have. If NASA does have grounds to charge with adultry. His days in NASA are numbered.
You are right, forgot about that

Some jerk on MSNBC trying to blame Nasa saying they should have kept a better eye on her. How where they to know? Should they have been holding on to her hand 24/7??? :confused: Geez I guess they let just about anyone comment on T.V. these days!!!

Thank you Dalilah! That explains alot. It also makes me think of Joan Crawford, but that's way O/T.

I have heard it said that people with PDs in general can usually function (more or less) until they experience some type of trigger that sets them off and accelerates their disordered thinking. This was a theory I read that attempted to explain what triggered Betty Broderick's actions (even before the murders). Not saying any of this relate to this situation, but these examples did pop into my head. JMO.

jillybean said:
Yes, because she was married. This is what I meant.
This part could get interesting since I read yesterday that he's not claiming it to be a romantic relationship.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back