GUILTY FL - Astronaut Lisa Nowak arrested in kidnap attempt, 5 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
panthera said:
This part could get interesting since I read yesterday that he's not claiming it to be a romantic relationship.

So I guess in his warped mind, bang bang thank you Mame doesn't count, huh?
Gawd what a loser:loser:

FFWifey said:
Thank you Dalilah! That explains alot. It also makes me think of Joan Crawford, but that's way O/T.

I have heard it said that people with PDs in general can usually function (more or less) until they experience some type of trigger that sets them off and accelerates their disordered thinking. This was a theory I read that attempted to explain what triggered Betty Broderick's actions (even before the murders). Not saying any of this relate to this situation, but these examples did pop into my head. JMO.
Joan Crawford had Borderline Personality Disorder! Very close, though. Very close. There are varying levels of functionality with all PDs.

jillybean said:
RIGHT! and where is the compassion for the intended victim? :rolleyes:
\

I wouldn't blame the male right off hand, he may have simply been a victim of stalker also.

Does anyone know if the NASA press conference will be shown anywhere else on the net? I can't watch it right now and would love to know what they are saying about this.

FFWifey said:
Thank you Dalilah! That explains alot. It also makes me think of Joan Crawford, but that's way O/T.

I have heard it said that people with PDs in general can usually function (more or less) until they experience some type of trigger that sets them off and accelerates their disordered thinking. This was a theory I read that attempted to explain what triggered Betty Broderick's actions (even before the murders). Not saying any of this relate to this situation, but these examples did pop into my head. JMO.
Joan Crawford with those really scary eyebrows. No Wire Hangers!!

My cousin is married to an OCD (germs) and his issues can be rather inconsistent. It is usually all about shoes that touched something dirty and can't be worn in the house or the vehicles. But occasionally that seems to go away and it is something else althogher. She can change a doorknob in a jiffy. She lives a life of walking on eggshells. I have NO desire to live with someone who wants to control my every move. He washed his hands so much with Lava soap that he got a staph infection.

jillybean said:
So I guess in his warped mind, bang bang thank you Mame doesn't count, huh?
Gawd what a loser:loser:
Maybe nothing really did happen between them and this was something Nowak fantasized in her mind? Just a thought not a defense of him!

peeoui1 said:
\

I wouldn't blame the male right off hand, he may have simply been a victim of stalker also.
valid point !-welcome to w/s

Taximom said:
Does anyone know if the NASA press conference will be shown anywhere else on the net? I can't watch it right now and would love to know what they are saying about this.
Try http://www.msnbc.msn.com/ on the homepage there is a link to the video (top right corner).

jillybean said:
Some jerk on MSNBC trying to blame Nasa saying they should have kept a better eye on her. How where they to know? Should they have been holding on to her hand 24/7??? :confused: Geez I guess they let just about anyone comment on T.V. these days!!!
Oh brother :rolleyes: it's not like she's a child.. she is a FULL GROWN ADULT capable of making her own choices... I swear, some people just want to toss blame where it shouldn't be tossed.. :rolleyes:

peeoui1 said:
\

I'm a newbie too. Welcome.

Is it confirmed that she slept with the male astronaut? I didn't see that anywhere so I don't understand the hatred for the guy. Isn't it possible that they were just good friends and she developed an unnatural obsession with him?

isn't 'personality disorder' just a nice, sanitized way of saying someone's a crazy b*tch........?

reb said:
isn't 'personality disorder' just a nice, sanitized way of saying someone's a crazy b*tch........?
No. It is not. And, I am personally offended by this statement.

peeoui1 said:
\

People always blame the male, I see it all the time on here and elsewhere.

Masterj said:
Is it confirmed that she slept with the male astronaut? I didn't see that anywhere so I don't understand the hatred for the guy. Isn't it possible that they were just good friends and she developed an unnatural obsession with him?
No it's not confirmed and according to msnbc.com, Nowak was quoted by police as saying she and Oefelein had something "more than a working relationship but less than a romantic relationship".

Smurf said:
Well, did Jay Leno include this in his monologue last nite? I didn't watch.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: He did the "HOUSTON, we have a problem!" joke, the Depends joke, and the flight risk- into space! joke. It was hysterical!

Dark Knight said:
People always blame the male, I see it all the time on here and elsewhere.
and rightly so... it's always their fault... :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back