FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they've managed to stay together and both have life vests. Being together will help them survive. In the press conference the step-dad referred to them as salty dogs, so they are used to the ocean. I know that's not the same as surviving IN the ocean, but it's better than not knowing the water. I have been praying for them all day.

After 3 days I am afraid hypothermia would have set in.

Getting your kids past the age of 14 and 15 seems like a miracle sometimes. They are so confident that they know everything they need to know, so adventurous. It is exactly what we love about them at that age, but it is so scary too. What a nightmare for their families. :candle: :candle:

After 3 days I am afraid hypothermia would have set in.

I agree that hypothermia would be an issue, but it's only been two days since they went missing. Two days and a few hours.

If by some miracle they're found very soon I think that's their only hope. The vastness of the area where they could possibly be is just . . . daunting. Needle in a haystack.

Someone posted on FB that the area that the boat was found in is a popular area to swim with sharks??! [emoji20]

I wonder if people in passenger planes flying over the area know to look. If they are wearing a bright orange or bright yellow life jacket, someone with sharp eyes could spot them.

Prayers to boys and their families. This must be horrifying for the whole community. Sorry I haven't read back through all the pages, but is the Coast Guard or some other agency able to map the currents to try to pinpoint where they might be? To clarify, I mean map it for the particular day they went missing, taking into consideration wind speed and weather, etc.

I am going to be in the Myrtle Beach area tomorrow. Does anybody know some particular area that would be good to post flyers? I'm thinking about someplace boaters and fishermen would be likely to see them before setting out to sea.

When you are on the water you can not make any mistakes or poor choices.Loosing sight of the shore or staying out when a storm approches.

Prayers to boys and their families. This must be horrifying for the whole community. Sorry I haven't read back through all the pages, but is the Coast Guard or some other agency able to map the currents to try to pinpoint where they might be?

I am going to be in the Myrtle Beach area tomorrow. Does anybody know some particular area that would be good to post flyers? I'm thinking about someplace boaters and fishermen would be likely to see them before setting out to sea.

Yes,the gulf stream runs north a few miles off shore in Fla.

I wonder if people in passenger planes flying over the area know to look. If they are wearing a bright orange or bright yellow life jacket, someone with sharp eyes could spot them.

Maybe a low flying plane/single.

I think that they decided to hit the gulf stream because it is great fishing but lost sight of the shore and with no GPS drifted in the wrong direction or caught in the storm.I am sure they will test the motor for defects.

My DH is a captain on a commercial airliner flying from FLL north today. I asked him to look for these boys. He said he would, but it would be highly unlikely he could spot them from his altitude. But he promised to keep an eye out his side window.

I will go look at some fishing forums and see what they are saying.
Suprisingly no one is discussing this.

Someone posted on FB that the area that the boat was found in is a popular area to swim with sharks??! [emoji20]

Yes, sharks are a big issue sadly--ever since large netting fishing was banned.

What was the website where everyone was searching online for the downed plane??

It just occurred to me, girls virtually never do this. As many searches as there are for preschool boys, teen boys, adult men, who all get lost in the wilderness on an adventure, virtually none of them are girls. Right now I'm following 4 stories of preschool boys who wandered away from families and are now gone. I can't remember a single case - literally a single one - where a preschool girl wandered away from home and was found having truthfully wandered away. Although I'm sure it happens that girls wander a little bit away, and are found pretty quickly. I was one of those, at the age of 4. My point is, girls don't wander and become unrecoverable.

Sad. I guess this is why at the end of life, nearly all the people over 80 years are women.

What was the website where everyone was searching online for the downed plane??

There would be no way to spot someone in the water,it was difficult to see a jetliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee