Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male hiker, "Denim" & "Mostly Harmless", Jul 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Bolyea as a possibility for that signature. Hmmm....
What if he was signing his real signature the entire time but printing a fake last name. In this way, he may have thought he's covered from getting in any trouble by using his real signature. I've been keeping quiet about his last name signature because everybody else seemed fine with it. I have just not been able to equate emy to anything he signed after Bil though. To me, it's Bi or Be and probably Bil, Bel, Bit or Bet then something entirely different from emy.

Last edited:
@ilovepierre I do not think they were stolen. He is also missing sunglasses and his winter clothing. I think the watch could have fallen off due to his extreme weight loss or got ditched eventually with the wallet and clothing. Hard to tell.
If we had a full list of everything he was found with, it would really help! Was he found with his winter coat for instance?

I don’t think MH necessarily had another tent. Some AT hikers just bring a sleeping bag or a hammock. I actually spent some time chatting with a 72 year old female thru hiker who only carries a hammock. She’s hiked the AT several times. I personally think she’s a superstar!
No tent or tarp at all? What did she do when it rained?

I think he is signing Ben Bilemy. I don’t so much see hesitation as I do just sloppiness. I used to have to sign my name for work about 50 times a day. My entire surname consisted of 11 letters. My signature very soon started looking like “Sgt. Blimp”, which was nowhere close to my actual surname. FWIW

I think if enough people shared a flyer on their social media site all at once maybe we could spread the word further and maybe, just maybe, someone out there will recognize him.

I think that’s a great idea! I did that about a week ago and even forwarded to IT guys I used to work with. Last night I sent a message to someone I know who lives in New York and has family in Louisiana.

I hope to post it on Tigerdroppings, if no one already has. If your not familiar with the site, it’s a huge forum for LSU fans. I think it would be a big asset to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214