GUILTY FL - Blake, 54, & Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, beaten, Port St Lucie, 16 July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you panthera, I've taken a hiatus from crime news coverage with the exception of reading here on WS. I appreciate you bring the info my friend! :)

any person that murders someone a Psychologist will always try to label the murderer with some type of mental illness. that is their job. You know this is not the case most of the time!

A lot of children today will not accept responsibility, they deem themselves above that.

It all starts with our society excusing bad behavior, and all the political correctness. The parent is not always the problem. Parents today will be hard pressed to raise decent children unless they start from day one with instilling personal responsibility.

My guess is the parents were fighting this losing battle.

The father came out of the bedroom and probably went into shock, this is how the son who's adrenaline by this time was rushing giving him strength and might.

The best friend stated that in the past this kid threatened he was going to kill his parents before but this friend didn't believe him. Now in my day, if one of my friends told me he was going to kill his parents. I would have told my parents, and they would have called his parents or the police. To say NOTHING to anyone and take it as a joke tells you right there that this child also has not learned personal responsibility.

I blame social engineering that has gone on heavy since the late 60's but boldly in the past 10 years.

I'm wondering if he was involved in any Satanic activity. IIRC he told a friend he was possessed.

It would be interesting to know some details about his friends, associates, etc.

I don't know what to think about what seems to be different about kids and young people today as opposed to maybe 20-30 years ago. Sometimes I think it has to do with the legal restrictions on being able to punish your child without fear of CPS intervention, and also the direction child rearing has taken to always being concerned with the self-esteem of the child, making sure they never feel bad about themselves. Well, sometimes kids need to be punished and sometimes they do things that they should indeed feel bad about, IMO. I am also thinking of the case in Florida that came on the boards today (Natalie Belmonte) the woman who was murdered, presumably by the adopted nephew/son she took in, and possibly because he had stolen jewelry from her and was facing charges; maybe the first time he had to face consequences of his actions? Who knows?

This kid who killed his parents sounds like several others we have learned of over the past year or two; they didn't like having to do what they were told, didn't like not having all of the freedom and/or things they wanted.

I know this type of crime is not rampant but it does seem to be increasing, both in frequency and in violence. Drugs may be a part of it, as the drugs in use these days are probably stronger, more dangerous, more likely to be "bad", etc...

I don't even know if there is an answer but I wonder how children are raised in countries who have almost zero instances of this type of crime and what the differences are from the US.

JMO

Haven't seen this posted yet.

Just recently Tyler, his dad, and grandpop Hadley took a trip to Georgia to see grandpop's sister. The eldest Mr. Hadley said they had a good time and Tyler and his dad got along very well.

A neighbor called cops while the party was breaking up because of noise.

Another neighbor who knew Tyler since he was born was shocked when she saw him in the patrol car. That was not the boy she knew. She asked for prayers for the young man as well because obviously he was going through something horrific to do such a thing.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hammer-murder-teen-face-death-penalty/story?id=14107448

Not the boy she knew....I think that speaks volumes. I truly believe that we have a reasonably normally developing kid who smacked head on into the tragedy of mental illness. I can think of so many recent threads with this theme. Daniel Butts comes to mind. He's the Oregon teen who killed the Police Chief, a man he'd known all his life. Daniel was a sweet kid until something went wrong a few months before the murder. He was just diagnosed with schizophrenia and sent to the State Hospital for evaluation.

Oh, if there were only a way to get help and to get it fast. Most families and friends have disconnected bits of worry but no one compares notes and the days tick by. Hindsight doesn't bring loved ones back. And I have no doubt in my mind that Tyler is missing his family tonight.

I seriously doubt that satanism played a part in this, though, as he didn't seem to revel in the murders. They were simply a means to an end.

I live in this area, actually next door to the high school this boy previously attended. There isn't really much satan worshiping, goth stuff around with these kids. I think the consequences for this child were starting to add up and he couldn't handle it. He has an accident that injuries a child (parents being sued). He drops out of school which I'm betting his teacher mother was not happy about. He could have been a normal child that was starting to spiral downward. He was probably not experiencing a lot of freedom because of his own actions and he wanted to do what he wanted.

According to the SLC Clerk of Court records, Blake Hadley and Tyler Hadley are defendants. Looks like the accident occured in May of this year. Tyler got served a summons on July 11th for a deposition scheduled for August 29th. The Hadley's home was also in foreclosure, I'm sure the stress level around that house was through the roof.

Summons served on the 11th, and murder occured on the 16th. Wonder if parents were giving him heat about the depot...?

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/jul/19/friend-tyler-hadley-confessed-at-party-let-him/

He might have a mental illness by things that are being said from this article. He told Mandell the devil possessed him and that he had been going crazy. He was also going to commit suicide but it failed.

But then he also said rap music and fights made him do it, so who knows.

Blaming anyone and everyone. I think it's typical teenager cop-outs. I don't deny that he may have some mental problems, but I think the excuses he used, are just that - excuses. The ones he used are too cliche.

Detailed account of the horror:
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/fla-42028-told-friend.html

Questioned by police, the friend, who has been identified only as "MM," said Hadley told him he stood behind his mother for about five minutes Saturday as she sat at a computer. He contemplated her killing before finally plunging into her head with a hammer, according to the police documents.

Screaming, the mother mustered one final question to her son, according to the friend's account: "Why?"

It was premeditated. if he was 18, he would get the death penalty:

The boy took his parents' cell phones away ahead of the attack so they couldn't call for help, according to his friend's account. When it was over, and the parents were dead, Hadley spent three hours cleaning up the blood, before hosting the party at his Port St. Lucie home, his friend told police, recounting what he'd been told. He was surprised how long the cleanup took.

The words tragic and nightmare are not even close to describing what happened. The boy you loved and cared for when he was sick, cuddled, kissed and spent nights worrying about is the one who takes your life in such a brutal way? Satan is truly working overtime these days IMHO.

in the affidavit posted above, the friend says tyler told him that after he killed his mother, his father came into the room and "stared at him in the eyes for one minute" or something to that effect. what the heck??

I know, right? And I still don't see how he could have overtaken his father, when the father saw it coming. Does ecstasy give you super strength?

I know, right? And I still don't see how he could have overtaken his father, when the father saw it coming. Does ecstasy give you super strength?

That's exactly the question I was going to ask.

Obviously, the dad would have overpowered him if he could have, I guess?

I haven't seen pictures of the dad or mom. Is this kid/monster way bigger than they are?

So sad.

Detailed account of the horror:
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/fla-42028-told-friend.html

Questioned by police, the friend, who has been identified only as "MM," said Hadley told him he stood behind his mother for about five minutes Saturday as she sat at a computer. He contemplated her killing before finally plunging into her head with a hammer, according to the police documents.

Screaming, the mother mustered one final question to her son, according to the friend's account: "Why?"

It was premeditated. if he was 18, he would get the death penalty:

The boy took his parents' cell phones away ahead of the attack so they couldn't call for help, according to his friend's account. When it was over, and the parents were dead, Hadley spent three hours cleaning up the blood, before hosting the party at his Port St. Lucie home, his friend told police, recounting what he'd been told. He was surprised how long the cleanup took.

The words tragic and nightmare are not even close to describing what happened. The boy you loved and cared for when he was sick, cuddled, kissed and spent nights worrying about is the one who takes your life in such a brutal way? Satan is truly working overtime these days IMHO.
BBM

This is ever scarier to me than a stranger murder. We can at least try to lock strangers out and protect ourselves, but there is really no protection from someone living inside those locked doors. Our guards are down and we are so vulnerable in that situation, especially while sleeping. I think the dad was so shocked at what had just happened, he just froze. I hope at the least this young man is locked up for life. He is too dangerous to be out on the street.

That's exactly the question I was going to ask.

Obviously, the dad would have overpowered him if he could have, I guess?

I haven't seen pictures of the dad or mom. Is this kid/monster way bigger than they are?

So sad.

not that i'm aware of, but i have heard the pcp gives you "the strength of nine men" and according to this it can cause psychological effects similar to schizophrenia.

http://www.drugfree.org/drug-guide/pcp

not that i'm suggesting that this is what happened because it seems very very very unlikely but i'm just putting that out there.

i don't find it too unbelievable that he could have overtaken his father, just imo. i do find the eye locking for one minute thing to be REALLY strange though, i dunno how true that could be.

any person that murders someone a Psychologist will always try to label the murderer with some type of mental illness. that is their job. You know this is not the case most of the time!

A lot of children today will not accept responsibility, they deem themselves above that.

It all starts with our society excusing bad behavior, and all the political correctness. The parent is not always the problem. Parents today will be hard pressed to raise decent children unless they start from day one with instilling personal responsibility.

My guess is the parents were fighting this losing battle.

The father came out of the bedroom and probably went into shock, this is how the son who's adrenaline by this time was rushing giving him strength and might.

The best friend stated that in the past this kid threatened he was going to kill his parents before but this friend didn't believe him. Now in my day, if one of my friends told me he was going to kill his parents. I would have told my parents, and they would have called his parents or the police. To say NOTHING to anyone and take it as a joke tells you right there that this child also has not learned personal responsibility.

I blame social engineering that has gone on heavy since the late 60's but boldly in the past 10 years.

i am the same age as tyler and i assume his friend as well, and i really don't think i would know what to do in that situation. i guess it really would depend on HOW he said it, i mean really, how does that kind of thing come up? was it just "i'm going to kill my parents" period? i can very much see how that could be taken as a "joke" or how the friend could have thought he was just frustrated with his parents.

i am the same age as tyler and i assume his friend as well, and i really don't think i would know what to do in that situation. i guess it really would depend on HOW he said it, i mean really, how does that kind of thing come up? was it just "i'm going to kill my parents" period? i can very much see how that could be taken as a "joke" or how the friend could have thought he was just frustrated with his parents.

I'm 36. I can not ever remember any one of my friends saying they were going to kill their parents. Now, I can remember plenty of "ugh I can't stand my mom" or "I hate my parents".

Have times changed to where the word "kill" is taken lightly now? Have you ever heard any of your peers say that? I'm just curious to know from your perspective.

I'm 36. I can not ever remember any one of my friends saying they were going to kill their parents. Now, I can remember plenty of "ugh I can't stand my mom" or "I hate my parents".

Have times changed to where the word "kill" is taken lightly now? Have you ever heard any of your peers say that? I'm just curious to know from your perspective.

no, i have not heard any of my friends say that. i too have heard "i hate my parents" or things of that nature.

i guess you could say that the word "kill" is taken more lightly. but try thinking of it this way: replace the word "going" with "want." i can picture a teenager sarcastically saying "man, i want to kill my parents!" or even sarcastically saying "i'm going to kill my parents"

now, i don't know how this kid said it. imo you would really have to look at how the conversation went. however it went though, i really don't think the friend expected him to ACTUALLY KILL his parents. i just don't think the friend can really be faulted in this situation.

hope i explained that well

edit: i would also like to add that if my friend showed me the dead bodies of his parents i would have left as quickly and as quietly as possible and IMMEDIATELY called the police. i don't think i would have even called crimestoppers like the friend did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back