GUILTY FL - Bonnie Haim, 23, Jacksonville, 6 Jan 1993 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So relieved for Bonnie's family (especially her son)that their maysoon be justice for her!

I am so glad to see an arrest final made today! Praying for a speedy and effective trial.
From the News4Jax article linked above (http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-whose-wife-disappeared-22-years-ago-arrested/34903264)
“We are now at the point where we believe we can seek justice with a murder charge and we intend to proceed on what -- as you are probably aware -- will be circumstantial case, but one that we will work diligently to prosecute in court,” State Attorney Angela Corey said Tuesday. “I think this shows that our cold case unit is just a vital part of what we do in law enforcement and they will always have the support of the State Attorney's Office.”

Corey said it was gratifying to have a cold case that she had been part of for more than 20 years solved. She said she worked the case with former JSO Detective Robert Hinson, who is now an investigator with the State Attorney's Office.

She said when leads would run out, Hinson would put notes in her office, encouraging her not to forget the case.

So delighted to hear this news. This case has been close to me for many years for many reasons. I was just talking about Bonnie yesterday, hoping they would find her while they searched for Lonzie. Mike is in jail where he belongs, I just hope they have everything they need for a conviction.

Bonnie's husband is a complete moron for burying her in their backyard. I'm happy he's been arrested and charged with murder.

I just saw this on Twitter! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping an eye on this one, he was arrested in the county I was born/raised and he had remarried someone who works with my husband.

Surely this woman knew about his past before marrying him?

Surely this woman knew about his past before marrying him?

I'm sure she knew the speculation. That's a hefty law suit to hide. But she currently has taken some time off of work...to be near her husband in Florida. Because he is innocent (not my opinion) and she stands behind him. [emoji15]

The kid tells his aunt/the cops, "I saw daddy shoot mommy in the stomach."
He tells someone else where the body is buried.
He tells his foster mom "this is where daddy threw away the gun", they find a weapon.....

These cops are idiots, maybe they should have dug where the kid told them to and this would have been solved a loooong time ago.

The kid tells his aunt/the cops, "I saw daddy shoot mommy in the stomach."
He tells someone else where the body is buried.
He tells his foster mom "this is where daddy threw away the gun", they find a weapon.....

These cops are idiots, maybe they should have dug where the kid told them to and this would have been solved a loooong time ago.

BBM. Where did you read that the son told someone where she was buried? I never read that anywhere. TIA!

I do agree the cops did a pretty poor job if she was buried right on that property this entire time. I'm interested to see what part of the swimming pool she was buried under and if there were any signs of reconstruction to the pool.

I'm sure she knew the speculation. That's a hefty law suit to hide. But she currently has taken some time off of work...to be near her husband in Florida. Because he is innocent (not my opinion) and she stands behind him. [emoji15]

Wow! Sounds like the only thing that would convince this woman of his guilt is if there was a video of him murdering her.

Thanks for the info!

BBM. Where did you read that the son told someone where she was buried? I never read that anywhere. TIA!

I do agree the cops did a pretty poor job if she was buried right on that property this entire time. I'm interested to see what part of the swimming pool she was buried under and if there were any signs of reconstruction to the pool.

I think the son said that his mom's car was in the lake. In which Bonnie's father used to cast doubt on the child since her car was actually found at the airport. But to a 3 year old...pool...lake might be interchangeable. And mom...her car might be interchangeable as well. So the fact that she was found by the pool is interesting.
I don't think there was reconstruction to the pool. Idk how he was able to bury her that close and go unnoticed for so long. Lucky guy until his luck ran out.

he's been extradited back to Jacksonville now...
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...1993-death-wife-transported-back-jacksonville

Michael Ray Haim, 49, was booked in the Duval County jail Thursday on the murder charge and is being held without bail, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-ch...2-years-ago-returned-to-jacksonville/35103444
He was extradited to Jacksonville on Thursday and waived his first court appearance on the murder charge on Friday. He’s being held without bond pending arraignment on Sept. 16.

"Man pleads not guilty to killing wife in cold case"

http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-pleads-not-guilty-to-killing-wife-in-cold-case/35680680

The man accused of killing his wife 22 years ago and burying her in the backyard of their Jacksonville home pleaded not guilty Tuesday.

Michael Haim is charged with second-degree murder and is being held without bond. Haim will have a bond hearing at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Police brought Haim from North Carolina to Jacksonville to face the murder charge after human remains found last December were determined to be those of Bonnie Haim.

Man accused of 1993 murder of his wife gets bond

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/crime/2015/12/11/michael-haim-wife-murder-case/77166122/

Michael Haim, accused in the 1993 slaying of his wife, was expected to bond out of jail Friday.

In October, Judge Tatiana Salvador denied a motion to set bond, believing the severity of Haim's crime and out-of-state residence made him a flight risk. But Haim's lawyer Tom Fallis appealed her decision to the first District Court of Appeals in Tallahassee, based on the fact that Haim faced only a 2nd degree murder charge and -- Fallis contends -- posed no risk, flight or otherwise.

Haim was ordered to have no contact with any of Bonnie Haim's family members upon his release, since he will remain in Jacksonville until his trial. Several family members in attendance at the hearing declined comment.

Bridgette Matter (@bridgetteANjax): https://twitter.com/bridgetteANjax?s=09

Michael Haim is expected to be in court this morning, he's charged in his wife's 1993 murder @ActionNewsJax

Michael Haim is in court this morning @ActionNewsJax

Haim's attorney asking for more time to look over evidence @ActionNewsJax

Next court appearance is being passed to March 2nd @ActionNewsJax

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member