GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The father worked for a large medical device company which I’m sure the insurance covered mental health services. Yes, there might be a waiting list but not years.

Moo, personal opinion here only. I don't think they wanted to be bothered with him. They had their other "normal" kids, they were busy with them, and he their eldest and first, was nothing but a nuisance. Sad.

I think the reason most of us do not believe in the waiting list is that he was in that box for YEARS! They could have reached out for help before putting him in the box. We ALL know they were not on a waiting list for years.

Yes. I agree. The waiting list isn't 16 years, well 14 or 15 I suppose it actually is.

jmo

Waiting list or no waiting list, as soon as that young man spent time in that box, they knew they would be up on abuse charges. Finding a therapist became less of an option because any therapist would have to report them. Like families that start abusing a child that recognize that any form of intervention is going to get them charged, these two new they were not getting out unscathed.
I agree with this. They exhibited consciousness of guilt on multiple occasions. They both lied to both contractors (AZ and FL) that the room would be an office. She also lied to LE when they showed up at the home, telling them it was a storage room. They both agreed he had to wake up very early to clean out his bucket "so the neighbors wouldn't see what he was doing".

They knew what they were doing was abusive and criminal. jmo

--- Video is 14 minutes.

--- Former inmate: "This man is not going to be treated well behind bars."

Tim Ferriter's New Life in a Box​

Tim Ferriter returned to court asking for a bond release ahead of his sentencing. He was convicted of child abuse by putting his adopted son in an 8x8 box inside a garage. The judge denied the request but the hearing revealed more than just a bond request. #CourtTV looks at the significant changes in Ferriter's appearance as the reality of being locked inside a cell sets in.

I think he's going to get 6-10 too. No reason, just a guess. I know he's not getting the 2 years he turned down.

Does anyone else think the shaking may have partially been manipulation? Wanting to get bonded out until sentencing, so appearing to be mentally in need. Also, preparing to manipulate the judge to get a lighter sentence?

Does anyone else think the shaking may have partially been manipulation? Wanting to get bonded out until sentencing, so appearing to be mentally in need. Also, preparing to manipulate the judge to get a lighter sentence?
Perhaps.

But I think also, some of these child abusers enact on their victims what they most fear, to make themselves feel powerful and godlike. So when the shoe is on the other foot, they crumble.

MOO

No psychologist here, but the sad part about this is that for whatever problems he might have had as a young child, they have exacerbated them and have done real damage to this child. I just hope it's not too late for him to have a happy and productive life. In TF's hearing to try to get released on bail pending sentencing didn't Coakely say that RF was relieving himself in the trash can of the room in his new (temporary) home? The damage is profound. It seems to me that if they had gotten this child into intense therapy very early on, it's possible this could have all been a thing of the past long before he even hit the double digit age of 10.
jmo
IMO the parents caused a lot of the behaviors, even as a younger child. Damaged the other kids, too, because they had to watch their brother being bullied.

This is what I think. He tensed his muscles, so they'd do that. Everything is a show with them.

My opinion, only, there is a definite element of fear. The pale, rough complexion is not just from lack of high end products, but I think he magnified his symptoms. His manipulation skills are still intact.

My opinion, only, there is a definite element of fear. The pale, rough complexion is not just from lack of high end products, but I think he magnified his symptoms. His manipulation skills are still intact.
I think he magnified the symptoms on purpose to get sympathy (e.g. the bedraggled look with the beard). And then he didn't sleep the night before. He might not be eating, either; I'll bet the food is beneath him.

OMG did you guys see TF shaking in his seat??? Literally shaking?? Wow. He’s quaking in his boots. That was fear and panic imo. Not medication etc. The reality has set in. He can’t keep the stoic facade. The body never lies! Hair gelled perfectly. Jail uniform looking pressed but no one told his amygdala to play cool. We finally saw the real Tim Ferriter. The coward! JMO

Yes I saw it! I have never in my life seen a grown man shake like that in court. I feel really mean for saying this, but it gave me a bit of pleasure seeing him that way. Maybe he will someday truly understand what he did to his son was extremely abusive and wrong. He hurt his child, physically and psychologically instead of getting the help the child needed. I can only hope that TF’s time in jail/prison will cause him to reflect on his behavior, cause him to have genuine remorse and that he can apologize to his son for being so cruel.

If I was his wife, I would definitely take a plea right now.
I bet they won't give her a deal now until after Tim's sentencing. Talking heads are saying his term will be double digits. If that's correct, the prosecution should get a significant number of years out of her.

Neither should be able to have contact with minors IMO. I hope that gets included as conditions. Right now, they're taking the baby to jail to visit with Dad.

I bet they won't give her a deal now until after Tim's sentencing. Talking heads are saying his term will be double digits. If that's correct, the prosecution should get a significant number of years out of her.

Neither should be able to have contact with minors IMO. I hope that gets included as conditions. Right now, they're taking the baby to jail to visit with Dad.
I would hope they would give her a plea deal, if for no other reason than to spare her children further trauma. It was a monumental thing they testified once, putting them through testifying again is cruel if it can be avoided.

She should still get a nonparole period as long as absolutely possible under the law. And I agree that she should also never be allowed access to kids, neither of them should.

MOO

I would hope they would give her a plea deal, if for no other reason than to spare her children further trauma. It was a monumental thing they testified once, putting them through testifying again is cruel if it can be avoided.

She should still get a nonparole period as long as absolutely possible under the law. And I agree that she should also never be allowed access to kids, neither of them should.

MOO
Maybe the deal would be incarcerated for half the number of years relegated to him? That would be good....

The 2 prosecutors seem to come from a task force or unit that specializes in child protection cases. I hope a no-contact order is in the works, if not through this judge, perhaps through DCF?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back