GUILTY FL - C.F., 17, Columbia County, 26 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I assume they are running towards something or somewhere in particular. Or, are they aimlessly roaming that side of the country? Do either of them have some sort of connections to the north at all...wondering.

They both have contacts in the northeast. I’ll try to find MSM for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More about marriage -- many states allow marriage at 16 and 17. Worrisome. I hope I am worrying about this for nothing.

Here's a list of marriage-age laws by state.

http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/state-by-state-marriage-age-of-consent-laws.html

Doubt any state would issue a marriage license under these circumstances IMO. Look at the Tad Cummins case with MCET, everyone worried about that, didn't happen. She's been in states where she is not in the age of consent and IMO that it not their goal. This IM is just out of left field what they're doing.

More about marriage -- many states allow marriage at 16 and 17. Worrisome. I hope I am worrying about this for nothing.

Here's a list of marriage-age laws by state.

http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/state-by-state-marriage-age-of-consent-laws.html

I'm not from/in the US, but wouldn't you need some form of identification and parental consent? Also, wouldn't their names trigger something, or are records not typically checked when someone applies for a marriage certificate? Sometimes I see crime shows where two people get married to avoid having to testify against each other, sometimes even with one a technically-minor-but-the-state-allows-it, but I've never quite bought it. Don't you need some kind of parental sign-off under 18, regardless of minimum age in that state?

I've seen this brought up in the MCET case as well, that TC had researched teen marriage before abducting her, but there I also doubted strongly that you could get away with marrying a girl her age without any checks, papers or parental okay.

Unless you've got fraudulent papers claiming the minor is in fact an adult, but this guy doesn't scream criminal mastermind to me. In fact, I think very few abductors of this type would be able to do that. Never mind the expense, you'd need to know where to go.

Can't get through a US/Canada border crossing IMO, both don;t have a passport (a 17 YO?).. There is an ID card to allow crossing (Detroit/Windsor for gamling) but there is still a lot of documentation to get that. Border crossing are heavily monitored. They can;t get to Canada unless a open area but the access roads to that are probably watched. IMO they are now in eastern PA or lower NY state.

ETA NY Thruway is a toll road up through Albany to Canada, watched and the NY State police are all over that

I'm not from/in the US, but wouldn't you need some form of identification and parental consent? Also, wouldn't their names trigger something, or are records not typically checked when someone applies for a marriage certificate? Sometimes I see crime shows where two people get married to avoid having to testify against each other, sometimes even with one a technically-minor-but-the-state-allows-it, but I've never quite bought it. Don't you need some kind of parental sign-off under 18, regardless of minimum age in that state?

I've seen this brought up in the MCET case as well, that TC had researched teen marriage before abducting her, but there I also doubted strongly that you could get away with marrying a girl her age without any checks, papers or parental okay.

Unless you've got fraudulent papers claiming the minor is in fact an adult, but this guy doesn't scream criminal mastermind to me. In fact, I think very few abductors of this type would be able to do that. Never mind the expense, you'd need to know where to go.

Agree with all your comments

Can't get through a US/Canada border crossing IMO, both don;t have a passport (a 17 YO?).. There is an ID card to allow crossing (Detroit/Windsor for gamling) but there is still a lot of documentation to get that. Border crossing are heavily monitored. They can;t get to Canada unless a open area but the access roads to that are probably watched. IMO they are now in eastern PA or lower NY state.

ETA NY Thruway is a toll road up through Albany to Canada, watched and the NY State police are all over that

They could take I-81 (toll-less) from around the DC border all the way up to the Canadian border but I doubt they are going to Canada. Ever since 9/11 the borders are strictly monitored and you'll need a passport even to enter Canada for lunch.

I assume they are running towards something or somewhere in particular. Or, are they aimlessly roaming that side of the country? Do either of them have some sort of connections to the north at all...wondering.

Just crazy for them to do what they are doing. Just like the Tad C case it appears.

They dont think it through at all if they are having to pawn stuff already.

My fear is a lack of funds will make him or her or both do something illegal to try to get cash which digs them deeper into trouble.

They need to just contact authorities and give it up and if they want to stay together then after she is 18 they could pursue that.

Its just crazy what they are doing and lack of funds is just incredible. If they have no funds it appears.

She is a child but I have to wonder what would make this man throw his life away. It’s not as though he is early 20s. I wonder if there is something/ someone he thinks he is protecting her from...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is more to this situation than is being stated. This young lady had a long-term boyfriend, then she voluntarily leaves with a family friend and no one has any idea how this could happen. How could she become this interested in someone and no one picked up on it? Also, they did not think this through as it will not end good. The young lady will get a pass but the man will have wrecked his life. It appears to be a agreement between them to leave, but it will all fall on his shoulders, regardless of the reason they left. Hope this turns out well. I really don't think she is in any serious danger, but stranger thing have occurred before. Peace & Merry Christmas to all. (Guess I'm not PC enough to use happy holidays)

And it should fall on his shoulders - a family friend, a coach, a 27 year old should be helping a teenager make good life decisions. What an idiot he is.
Teenagers make dumb decisions, adults are supposed to help them, guide them, teach them how to make good decisions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

She is a child but I have to wonder what would make this man throw his life away. It’s not as though he is early 20s. I wonder if there is something/ someone he thinks he is protecting her from...

That's what I'm thinking. I think there is more to the story that even her parents don't know the answer to yet. They got as far as the Georgia border and he has her take $200 out of her bank account. They make it to North Carolina before they have to hit a pawn shop. It seems to me this wasn't planned very well

Granted, she is 17, but I can't compare this case to Cummins and ET, who was well into his 40s or 50s and she was 15.

This has to have been a spur of the moment thing and/or they have no idea how to avoid being found. I mean, if you’re trying to avoid detection you just don’t stand around in ATMs, convenience stores, and pawn shops. That’s like the trifecta of “guaranteed to be on surveillance”.

That's what I'm thinking. I think there is more to the story that even her parents don't know the answer to yet. They got as far as the Georgia border and he has her take $200 out of her bank account. They make it to North Carolina before they have to hit a pawn shop. It seems to me this wasn't planned very well

Granted, she is 17, but I can't compare this case to Cummins and ET, who was well into his 40s or 50s and she was 15.

And he was not her teacher, nor her soccer coach, so not really an authority figure. Also, she seems to have a loving, intact family and a steady boyfriend. She was six months shy of high school graduation and seven months away from her 18th birthday. You have to ask yourself, what was she running away from? Was someone bullying her in school?

And he was not her teacher, nor her soccer coach, so not really an authority figure. Also, she seems to have a loving, intact family and a steady boyfriend. She was six months shy of high school graduation and seven months away from her 18th birthday. You have to ask yourself, what was she running away from? Was someone bullying her in school?
IMO, your parent's friends are authority figures, as are other teachers or coaches at your school - whether or not you personally have them as a teacher or coach.
When I was 17, someone who was 10 years older than me was an adult. I had cousins 10 years older than me and neighbors, I babysat 2 children for a woman who was 11 years older than me (Her oldest was 11 years younger than me). I certainly didn't think of them as friends or peers.

If that relationship was turned into a peer/friend type relationship (or romantic) I have no doubt it was done by the 27 year old.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just a thought while out and about today-
If money gets low they may not move around as much. Staying in one place may get them looked at and reported.

Here's hoping C. comes home this weekend!

As a senior in high school, she should be spending this time applying to colleges, emailing coaches and sending videos for a soccer scholarship. Her family said she has a bright future, I don't understand why she gave it all up. There must be more to the story.

He’s looking at a third degree felony, and that doesn’t include any possible statutory rape issues if they have a mutual agreed upon intimate relationship given both their ages.

Florida State 787.03 Interference with custody.-- (still applies if they leave state)
(1) Whoever, without lawful authority, knowingly or recklessly takes or entices, or aids, abets, hires, or otherwise procures another to take or entice, any child 17 years of age or under or any incompetent person from the custody of the child or incompetent person's parent, his or her guardian, a public agency having the lawful charge of the child or incompetent person, or any other lawful custodian commits the offense of interference with custody and commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) It is a defense that:
(a) The defendant reasonably believes that his or her action was necessary to preserve the child or the incompetent person from danger to his or her welfare.
(b) (doesn’t apply to this case)
(c) The child or incompetent person was taken away at his or her own instigation without enticement and without purpose to commit a criminal offense with or against the child or incompetent person.
(b) In order to gain the exemption conferred by paragraph (a), a person who takes a child pursuant to this subsection must:
1. Within 10 days after taking the child, make a report to the sheriff's office or state attorney's office for the county in which the child resided at the time he or she was taken, which report must include the name of the person taking the child, the current address and telephone number of the person and child, and the reasons the child was taken.
2. (applies to parental custody issues)
3. Inform the sheriff's office or state attorney's office for the county in which the child resided at the time he or she was taken of any change of address or telephone number of the person and child.

He’s looking at a third degree felony, and that doesn’t include any possible statutory rape issues if they have a mutual agreed upon intimate relationship given both their ages.

Florida State 787.03 Interference with custody.-- (still applies if they leave state)
(1) Whoever, without lawful authority, knowingly or recklessly takes or entices, or aids, abets, hires, or otherwise procures another to take or entice, any child 17 years of age or under or any incompetent person from the custody of the child or incompetent person's parent, his or her guardian, a public agency having the lawful charge of the child or incompetent person, or any other lawful custodian commits the offense of interference with custody and commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) It is a defense that:
(a) The defendant reasonably believes that his or her action was necessary to preserve the child or the incompetent person from danger to his or her welfare.
(b) (doesn’t apply to this case)
(c) The child or incompetent person was taken away at his or her own instigation without enticement and without purpose to commit a criminal offense with or against the child or incompetent person.
(b) In order to gain the exemption conferred by paragraph (a), a person who takes a child pursuant to this subsection must:
1. Within 10 days after taking the child, make a report to the sheriff's office or state attorney's office for the county in which the child resided at the time he or she was taken, which report must include the name of the person taking the child, the current address and telephone number of the person and child, and the reasons the child was taken.
2. (applies to parental custody issues)
3. Inform the sheriff's office or state attorney's office for the county in which the child resided at the time he or she was taken of any change of address or telephone number of the person and child.

Not to mention the Federal charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back