GUILTY FL - C.F., 17, Columbia County, 26 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching this on the today show now. Her standing with her parents yesterday (last night?) or maybe this morning answering questions she is silent. She is being held by her dad and looks pretty sad.

Also it showed video of the soccer coach being led to the police car in handcuffs. He will be arraigned today in Syracuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez, why are they parading her around? Maybe she doesn't want to go in front of nationwide TV and answer questions. Please, parents, quickly take her back to Florida to resume her normal life.

Geez, why are they parading her around? Maybe she doesn't want to go in front of nationwide TV and answer questions. Please, parents, quickly take her back to Florida to resume her normal life.

I know right. I was trying to listen and get my kids off to school. It looked like it was a news report and not the today show- just an affiliate and it didn’t look “Live”.

I feel like it was reporters in the airport in Florida. Definitely an airport and I believe I heard she was back in Florida, but I could be wrong on that. But she looked awful- like drained and sad.

She has probably been advised not to speak since she is a witness in an ongoing investigation.

Do we know how long this guy was a friend of the family? Was it only recently or for years? I see people saying she was 17 so she was close to being an adult, but he could have groomed her and started abusing her when she was a much younger teen. By the comments about him threatening to "ruin her life" if she didn't go with him it sounds like he may have brain washed her into believing that her life would be ruined if he told what he had been doing to her. When the reality should have been that HIS life would be ruined by the revelation. JMO. I hope she can get back to some semblance of normalcy, graduate, go to college (if she wants to) and have a happy life.

She seems happy to be back with her parents which does suggest that running away was not been her idea.

The grass is always greener on the other side. I am glad that she is safe. Now the Soccer coach has ruined his life.

I think the guy is a scary creep, but maybe the parents are trying to save her reputation by saying she felt pressured to go. She now has to apply to colleges and get a job, so this isn`t a good scenario in terms of her future. She was a senior in high school, not a tween, and she didn't seem meek and mild. Leaving with him would not be a better option than being blackmailed, would it? Obviously, she would be missed, and the relationship would be discovered.

Did she and her boyfriend break up? Could that have upset her that much? Was anyone threatening her or hurting her such that she felt that she had to leave school or home in a hurry? Was she pregnant? Was he taking her up north to get an abortion? Has he threatened her in such a was for her to feel that she has no choice other than to run away with him? Was she suddenly failing in school? Had she done something so bad (in her young mind) that she felt she couldn't come back home? Or did the coach just charm her/entrance her enuf to run away with him?

Please note: I do not mean to blame her for anything -- she's a young and innocent teenager with all the usual baggage of a high-schooler who is younger than most of her classmates. I'm just asking everything I can imagine that might have prompted her to leave with him voluntarily.

My 17 year old step daughter ran off with her boyfriend. Our once naive adorable child turned rebellious, and when we found out she was entertaining her first boyfriend in our home while we were at work we had a long talk with her. We were at a loss one time when he came to visit while we were home, and she went and sat on the sofa with him, wrapped only in a towel. Long story short, she didnt like our rules of not having this boy over when we were not home, and ran away with him. She was a senior in high school at the time, moved in with a girl friend whose Mother had a very different set of laxed rules, and in Louisiana we could not legally force her to come home, and I worked for the District Attorney at the time, our hands were absolutely tied, they call it "a gray area".

So glad this young girl is home and there is another chance for her to deal with issues that made her want to leave in the first place. This was a hard way for her to learn a lesson that could have ended tradegy.

If anyone missed the beginning hln is playing but they are a bit behind I think.

Edit - on tv

C.'s mom said at a press conference Monday that her family is seeking counseling and taking steps to rebuild their lives.

"We are so thankful and blessed to have our beautiful daughter C. M. F. back with us. We are so appreciative for the role that each and every one played in her safe and speedy recovery," she said.

She went on to thank all of the agencies that helped in C.'s recovery.

"We realize that this is a very big deal and that there is a very long road ahead of us," she said. "We are already taking steps toward rebuilding our lives after such an emotional week."

"It will be through many prayers and conversations and counseling that we are able to move forward. And by lots of grace and love, that we will heal," she said.

She asked for privacy for her family as they begin to move forward.

"We are looking forward to a very merry Christmas and an extremely bright future for C. and our family."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...pdate-after-teen-returns-to-florida/658401297

Maybe the media shouldn't quote the mom word for word on her daughter's name. She is still a minor, after all, maybe that should have been kept to initials, for C's sake. The internet is forever and the last thing she needs is for things like this to haunt her in the coming years of her life.

Maybe the media shouldn't quote the mom word for word on her daughter's name. She is still a minor, after all, maybe that should have been kept to initials, for C's sake. The internet is forever and the last thing she needs is for things like this to haunt her in the coming years of her life.

Couldn't agree more. Used to be a family could move away, or at least send the child to relatives. Now, it is forever.

So sad...

moo

I am so glad there wasn't the internet when I was a teenager. My grooming, unplanned pregnancy, and birth of a child born to the man twice my age who married the mayor after I got pregnant would have blown up. I quietly slunk away, gave the baby up for adoption, got my Ph.D. and managed adulthood without fuss.

Couldn't agree more. Used to be a family could move away, or at least send the child to relatives. Now, it is forever.

So sad...

moo

Personally, I never blame a girl for falling in love with the wrong guy. If my wife had not, I would not be the luckiest man alive and 99 % of us will not be here. In time CF will realize what a selfish person RR really was. She will grow up and become stronger for it and RR will have to live with himself.

Missed where she said she was in love. Alot of other l words but love?

F. and Rodriguez reached Syracuse, N.Y., on Nov. 27. Rodriguez got a job at an area business, Prime Time Marketing, and wanted to work there until he could save enough money to obtain fake documents for F. and himself to cross the Canadian border,

Rodriguez was driving his red Mercury Sable GS away from an employee orientation at his job when a police officer recognized the vehicle, pulled a U-turn and arrested Rodriguez at gunpoint in a parking lot.

Four sheriff’s deputies and an FBI special agent arrived on the scene and helped handcuff Rodriguez. They removed F. from the car, where she had apparently been waiting during Rodriguez’s two-hour orientation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ds-of-miles-from-home/?utm_term=.631842a3bc07

Where were they living? And how did he apply for a job and not get noticed?

ETA answers my questions

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...y_job_he_just_landed_to_fund_journey_wit.html

snipped -
"Rodriguez also chose Central New York as a hiding spot because of its proximity to Canada, Grant said."

"Rodriguez told Prime Time Marketing employees that he was moving from Florida, living in a hotel and trying to establish his life here, McManus said. He also asked if his "little cousin," who was 17, could work at the company."

"According to Grant: Rodriguez said he used only public computers, such as one in a library, to apply for jobs and search for information about the police hunt. He drove on less heavily-patrolled roads and traveled at night. He ditched his cell phone and cut up his credit card"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back