GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!!

"Also, Parker Schenecker has filed for divorce from his wife — who has asked a judge to freeze the couple's assets. Depending on how the judge rules, it could mean Parker Schenecker would be forced to pay for his wife's criminal defense."

Parker Schenecker wants lawsuit to give voice to his murdered children

By Jack Nicas, Times Staff Writer
Posted: May 09, 2011 02:18 PM

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/civil/article1168638.ece

It can't get any worse, but it is going to get very ugly I'm afraid.

wow
On Monday, Parker Schenecker filed the final response in their divorce case before it enters court. In it, he denied her request for alimony, calling it "unjust and inequitable." He also filed a motion requesting the court dissolve their marriage prior to their looming divorce battle in court.

"Husband has tried to treat Wife with a respect she declined to show her own children," his divorce attorney wrote, "but to remain married to the person that coldly executed his children would be morally repugnant to him."

I'm surprised she's asking for alimony....

The Schenecker's Divorce has been granted, but I also wanted to post my thoughts about this terrible tragedy.(http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2011/may/19/5/judge-grants-divorce-for-scheneckers-ar-208534/)

This case has been bothering me since it happened. I think this woman did have significant mental health issues that were spiralling out of control. A friend noticed, saying that Julie was acting paranoid and delusional regarding Calyx. Calyx noticed- ''Calyx had no visible injuries. But while crying, she told police that four days earlier... she and her mom had argued and her mom slapped her on her face for about 30 seconds, the police report states.
Calyx said she covered up the bruises on her face with makeup, according to DCF's report.
Julie Schenecker told police she had hit the girl three times in the first incident after the girl told her, "You're disgusting," and "You're not my parent"
The girl said that a month and a half earlier, her mother had hit her so hard in the face it caused her lip to bleed.''
(http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-31/...illed_1_tampa-police-abuse-mother?_s=PM:CRIME)

"You're not my parent" (anymore?)

I wonder who else noticed.

I think it is very likely that Julie was self medicating in an attempt to stay in control. When she was being walked out by the police-that was not anxiety-that was the side effects, I think, of anti-psychotic medications, which she tried to overdose on. The police were probably not concerned about her state though, after all, they were dealing with two murdered teenagers, which may be why they didn't think/notice she needed medical attention.

Maybe she was hospitalized because she took too much of the medication, trying to overdose. I am wondering if she was prescribed Abilify, an anti-psychotic that many Psychiatrists are using as an add-on for depression.

As far as the Thorazine, I am a former EMT and I do not think that our EMT-P's carry
Thorazine.

Tragic all around, those poor kids had everything going for them. Unbelievably sad.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/julie_schenecker_in_court070911

July 9, 2011

TAMPA - A 50-year-old Tampa woman charged with killing her two children earlier this year made an appearance in a Hillsborough County court room on Friday.

Julie Schenecker appeared with her attorneys for a discovery hearing. Circuit Court Judge Ashley Moody is trying to determine what information, if any, will be released to the public.

SCHENECKER_HEARING_pic_20110709204142_320_240.JPG

I am assuming that she is competent since a divorce was granted.

Gee...I just found out about this case. So very, very sad. :(

Without doing a bunch of catch-up and research, I think this woman is/was mentally ill. And perhaps that serious accident exacerbated her previously existing conditions in her brain. Perhaps she had/has a brain lesion (which IIRC, is what was found in Jeffrey Dahmer's autopsy).

Like I said, I haven't read up on this case, but I wonder if her husband had recognized behavioral problems in his wife and tried to get her help (counseling, medical treatment, etc.)?

That video of her in custody, being taken to the squad car, is very troubling. And the FB photo (can't view the wall, it is private now) is like night and day. Literally.

Thanks for the updates about this sad case.

This woman is mentally ill, but no one around her knew the full extent of her problems. I have enormous sympathy for her as well as for the more obvious victims. Praying for the whole family.

I'm not sure I'm willing to give her the Yates benefit of the doubt yet.

She was mentally ill, yes. So are a lot of people in this world. I suffer from OCD and depression, but that doesn't make me insane. I know when I need help and it sounds like she did, too. The McNaughton Law only dictates that a defendant know her actions were wrong at the time and it seems clear she did know. This was premeditated in a pretty intense way.

I think her mental illness augmented pent up rage and resentment at giving up her career for the kids and she was unable to deal with what sounds like teenage rebellion. Calyx and her father had already agreed she could go to boarding school, presumably in an attempt to get away from her mother. It sounds like Calyx was a bit of a handful, but they probably fed off each other's hostility. By all accounts, Calyx was a go-getter and an angel at school.

The post-it notes are truly something. I'm struck by the neat handwriting and the fairly lucid grammar. No sign of the tardive dyskenesia in her writing. To me this all sounds like a woman burdened with life and kids and probably angry that she was doing it by herself.

A lot of people assume she is seriously mentally ill because of the tremors after her arrest, but she also has Parkinson's disease.

Maybe she was overmedicated and those medications interacted with each other, but I think to assume she's mentally ill is an easy out for her. It sounds like she had enough with what she deemed to be mouthy and rebellious kids, went out, bought a gun, and chickened out before she could off herself. I have no doubt she was in a bad mental state, but does that matter if she knew what she was doing was wrong? If she was lucid enough to write post-its and stick them on the objects of her malcontent, can we say she was too far gone to think "Maybe I shouldn't do this' and walk away?

I have extreme sympathy for someone like Andrea Yates who was truly psychotic and showed signs of altruism in that horrible murder. This case just shows a woman who had the foresight to go out and buy a gun days in advance, send emails to her family, and then execute her children after writing out the reasons why. I want to see her tried and not immediately chalked up as another poster-child for mental illness awareness. I think ANYONE has to be somewhat mentally ill to kill another human being. But insane?

Documents released in Schenecker case

TAMPA - Hundreds of documents and pictures have been released detailing one of the most unbelievable crimes in recent memory.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...ocuments-released-in-schenecker-case-07252011

I cant find the doc dump

BBM. Are we spoiled by the Caylee case or what? I did find the search warrant:

http://tampabayfl.blogspot.com/2011/02/tampa-mom-accused-of-murdering-two-teen.html

and some pics:

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2011/photo_galleries/schenecker_documents/

Thanks for posting these.

One thing that jumps out at me is the "DNR sticky note" referenced on the warrant. I know they have some of the stickies under seal, but I can only guess what that one might mean. It was on the stairs, where one would have to cross to get to Calyx.

It doesn't seem like Calyx saw it coming, thankfully. She might have had a few moments' awareness, but it's possible she never had time to grasp what was happening. Poor Beau, though, it would seem he got to see his mother point a gun at him. Apparently they were close. The confusion and fear he must have felt...

I'm not sure I'm willing to give her the Yates benefit of the doubt yet.

She was mentally ill, yes. So are a lot of people in this world. I suffer from OCD and depression, but that doesn't make me insane. I know when I need help and it sounds like she did, too. The McNaughton Law only dictates that a defendant know her actions were wrong at the time and it seems clear she did know. This was premeditated in a pretty intense way.

I think her mental illness augmented pent up rage and resentment at giving up her career for the kids and she was unable to deal with what sounds like teenage rebellion. Calyx and her father had already agreed she could go to boarding school, presumably in an attempt to get away from her mother. It sounds like Calyx was a bit of a handful, but they probably fed off each other's hostility. By all accounts, Calyx was a go-getter and an angel at school.

The post-it notes are truly something. I'm struck by the neat handwriting and the fairly lucid grammar. No sign of the tardive dyskenesia in her writing. To me this all sounds like a woman burdened with life and kids and probably angry that she was doing it by herself.

A lot of people assume she is seriously mentally ill because of the tremors after her arrest, but she also has Parkinson's disease.

Maybe she was overmedicated and those medications interacted with each other, but I think to assume she's mentally ill is an easy out for her. It sounds like she had enough with what she deemed to be mouthy and rebellious kids, went out, bought a gun, and chickened out before she could off herself. I have no doubt she was in a bad mental state, but does that matter if she knew what she was doing was wrong? If she was lucid enough to write post-its and stick them on the objects of her malcontent, can we say she was too far gone to think "Maybe I shouldn't do this' and walk away?

I have extreme sympathy for someone like Andrea Yates who was truly psychotic and showed signs of altruism in that horrible murder. This case just shows a woman who had the foresight to go out and buy a gun days in advance, send emails to her family, and then execute her children after writing out the reasons why. I want to see her tried and not immediately chalked up as another poster-child for mental illness awareness. I think ANYONE has to be somewhat mentally ill to kill another human being. But insane?

BBM - I agree that anyone who kills is mentally (and spiritually) ill.

The insanity thing is a whole other can of worms for the mental health professionals to weigh in on, but it wouldn't surprise me if she is found to have been legally insane at the time she killed her children.

In any event, she was obviously in need of psychiatric help and I hope she is receiving it.

Thanks for posting these.

One thing that jumps out at me is the "DNR sticky note" referenced on the warrant. I know they have some of the stickies under seal, but I can only guess what that one might mean. It was on the stairs, where one would have to cross to get to Calyx.

It doesn't seem like Calyx saw it coming, thankfully. She might have had a few moments' awareness, but it's possible she never had time to grasp what was happening. Poor Beau, though, it would seem he got to see his mother point a gun at him. Apparently they were close. The confusion and fear he must have felt...

Bizarre! Wish it had been stuck to her own forehead.

IMO clearly this woman had severe issues. Forgetting things she did the night before? Wonder what kind of meds she was on for insomnia.. Ambien or another non-benzo hypnotic? I wonder how she is now that she is off all the meds. Such a tragedy!

Snipped from article http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/documents-released-in-schenecker-case-07252011

....."Police found 14 bottles of prescription pills at the house, including painkillers and drugs for bi-polar disorder, anxiety, depression and insomnia.

According to documents, Schenecker's best friend told police she thought Julie was being treated by more than one doctor and her medications weren't meshing.

She says Schenecker was forgetting things, even things she'd done just the night before."

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2011/jul/26/menewso1-schenecker-files-released-ar-246387/
~snip~

"...A few weeks before the slayings, Julie Schenecker had been released from a drug rehabilitation program in Safety Harbor, Prisco said. The entire family was in counseling.

Prisco said a military doctor was treating Julie Schenecker for manic depression and diagnosed her as bipolar. The 12 different medications Schenecker was taking weren't meshing, Prisco said.

Schenecker also suffered from tardive dyskinesia, a disease that caused her legs to jerk and her arms to twitch, Prisco said. The condition appears after long-term use or high dosages of anti-psychotic drugs. News reports showed Schenecker shaking convulsively when she was arrested."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth