GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I just now found the video with that. I guess the papers edited it. Imo I think it's much more effective with all of it.

Could you link the video please? I missed that, thought they were done for the day.

She only had good things to say about PS and didn't trash him like some wives would do. I think the only negative comment was when she was in bed 7 weeks and he didn't care.

That's was a lot of responsibility for a very sick woman alcohol and drug problems included to cook, run errands and hold down the fort for 10 days especially with your own children bullying you. I don't care if she said "I got it" he knew the problems in that family and what a sick unreliable puppy she was.

She was a train wreck waiting to happen. Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

There were a lot of heads in the sand on all fronts IMO. As a medical professional, I tend to be more critical of those in charge of her care and treatment. But then again, you can take a horse to water, but can't make them drink. Her anger towards JS, her life, her kids, her non compliance, manipulation, all combined with mental illness certainly was a train wreck waiting to happen.

She only had good things to say about PS and didn't trash him like some wives would do. I think the only negative comment was when she was in bed 7 weeks and he didn't care.

I agree -- she had on rose colored glasses ''he's great'' (hero worshipper)

I feel that Parker is in the worst position of all...an adult who's life was formed by the Army and as an adult child of an alcoholic. When I watched Parker on the stand all I could see was a very guarded man. In the Army, and probably all branches of services, I only know about the Army...when you have a family member who is impaired by drug or alcohol addiction, you learn very quickly how to cover up. "Acting normal" becomes the new norm and the pressure is intense. Living on an Army base with a sick family member...especially an officer's family, it is like living under a microscope 24/7. I still have painful, painful memories of those years...stitched in along with the wonderful memories of traveling through Europe, bouncing back and forth, never settling in for very long. I do think he will be blamed by the defense and that, to me, is unfair. I think he lived through hell for a long time, probably much longer than he should have. I also think he probably realizes at night that he should have left her a long time ago and taken the kids with him. I don't think however, that he should shoulder the blame for his children dying on Jan. 27, 2011. That solely belongs to Julie, in my opinion. I am only sure of one thing...this trial has brought back all the painful memories of growing up with an alcoholic with a mental disorder, and the chaos that one person can create. What I saw on the stand was the designated rock of the family...what may have seemed uncaring to some, seemed like a blessing to me. That's why he was so close to those kids. He was the stabilizer in the family. He must feel so lost inside now.

This case has made me cry. It is too sad that Calyx and Beau could not outlive her. They really did seem like wonderful kids.

Would them marrying on the sly while she was a subordinate have prevented him from becoming a General? Like it was considered a blemish on his record?

Today it would be very ''uncool'' for an officer to be messing with a subordinate ((lots of trouble)). Usually you have to have permission to marry within the ranks so to speak (folks correct me if I am wrong - am basing this on 2nd hand info). If you have someone reporting to you ((think Clinton Lewinski) it puts the person in charge in an unfair advantage and the optics are all ''wrong''. They got married on the sly ((without permission)) and then she "gave up" her post avoiding the trouble. ((she loses he gains))

Maybe he liked to keep her doped up on her meds so he could control her. I think there was a lot more dysfunction going on in this family then we will ever know. Who knows maybe he was like living with a drill sergeant, abusive. Always two sides to the story.

Today it would be very ''uncool'' for an officer to be messing with a subordinate ((lots of trouble)). Usually you have to have permission to marry within the ranks so to speak (folks correct me if I am wrong - am basing this on 2nd hand info). If you have someone reporting to you ((think Clinton Lewinski) it puts the person in charge in an unfair advantage and the optics are all ''wrong''. They got married on the sly ((without permission)) and then she "gave up" her post avoiding the trouble. ((she loses he gains))

Yep, family secrets here.

I've been looking but can't find anything. Seems like Croaker Queen uses the same feed I was watching today, where at the start of the break they went to a press conference and missed the entire exchange between JS and judge regarding the stipulation.

Lady Justice did not upload anything after the recess for the break prior to the exchange between JS and judge regarding the stipulation.

I'm so frustrated! The only portion I missed isn't available to watch anywhere!! :banghead:

We need The Tawni Dilly to make a big comeback and save us all! Remember her? I tried reaching out to them, to encourage coverage, but you tube has me on the 90 day restricted list, or something like it. Hmmm...

maybe this will help - there's a video at the bottom...the exchange with the judge on the stip.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/25449742/day-three-of-julie-scheneckers-murder-trial-to-get-underway

Yes, the full exchange ( am only) is in this vid- WHOOPS- Looks like Rayvnne already posted this! (cough, sorry bout that)

I can't bash PS because I live in a glass house. It would be unfair of me to even speculate what he has gone through. JMV

PDF files for:

Abuse Report
Crash Report
Abuse Investigative Summary

I've been trying to figure this out. Hopefully they will link.

Attachments

• schenecker-abuse-report.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 28
  • julie_schenecker_crash_report.pdf
    135 KB · Views: 18
  • schenecker-investigative-summary.pdf
    877.7 KB · Views: 18
I feel that Parker is in the worst position of all...an adult who's life was formed by the Army and as an adult child of an alcoholic. When I watched Parker on the stand all I could see was a very guarded man. In the Army, and probably all branches of services, I only know about the Army...when you have a family member who is impaired by drug or alcohol addiction, you learn very quickly how to cover up. "Acting normal" becomes the new norm and the pressure is intense. Living on an Army base with a sick family member...especially an officer's family, it is like living under a microscope 24/7. I still have painful, painful memories of those years...stitched in along with the wonderful memories of traveling through Europe, bouncing back and forth, never settling in for very long. I do think he will be blamed by the defense and that, to me, is unfair. I think he lived through hell for a long time, probably much longer than he should have. I also think he probably realizes at night that he should have left her a long time ago and taken the kids with him. I don't think however, that he should shoulder the blame for his children dying on Jan. 27, 2011. That solely belongs to Julie, in my opinion. I am only sure of one thing...this trial has brought back all the painful memories of growing up with an alcoholic with a mental disorder, and the chaos that one person can create. What I saw on the stand was the designated rock of the family...what may have seemed uncaring to some, seemed like a blessing to me. That's why he was so close to those kids. He was the stabilizer in the family. He must feel so lost inside now.

This case has made me cry. It is too sad that Calyx and Beau could not outlive her. They really did seem like wonderful kids.

I really appreciate your comments ((have two grown kids in military))....however do not lose sight of the fact that JS was also MI and when asked if she could handle being alone with the kids before PS left she said, "I've got this" -- she too drank the koolaid.

Everyone was aware that each day was a mission and somehow the humanity was lost ''each day''.

Thank you for your service. Very well said and put into perspective. I'm sorry for the pain you went through.

You must be young. My DH did not get your memo. :seeya:

New memo if you didn't pop for the cruise on your wife's 50th you owe her a LEXUS:loveyou:

I just finished catching up! Thank you all for a wonderful job. I saw the part where she still had trouble with the stipulation. She was most certainly (IMHO) being passive-aggressive with the judge.

1. She's very intelligent. Heck, learning to speak Russian fluently enough to be a military translator in interrogations isn't very easy. I'm betting she could still speak Russian even in the worst depression ever.

2. She manipulated her situation with doctors and husband so there could be no helpful collaboration so much needed to help the patient and family to deal with the situation. I'm sure PS must have been frustrated with the number and dosages of her medications. When dealing with medications, a spouse might be able to see that she keeps on her schedule, but only if he knows what it is.

3. She was able to state very clearly that she had "been advised to say yes" which was a lot more sophisticated than just saying yes.

I know I'm being hard on her here, but I will listen clearly to the doctors' testimony both in the defense CIC and the prosecution rebuttal. Perhaps they will change my mind.

I just can't get over the premeditation and stated motive. She did say she was sparing them in there as well. Too bad she just didn't spare herself and let her children deal with their anger at her.

I think you may have secured a new record ( breaking popsicles previous title run) for most "THANKS FOR THE POST/INFO" hits, Carolina Moon!!

Your thoughts here bring to mind the Schneideman case- and Hemy Newman's defense. Newman was the self proclaimed big shot SVP/Supervisor at GE Capital, but also played the insanity card. His case included "Voices" ( sorry if everyone knows this-so recent) where Barry White and Olivia Newton John were demons who spoke to him.
It worked for him, gaining the jury's mercy.
Obvi, voices absent here, but the link exists - highly intelligent/successful at their respective peaks.

I agree- especially now, the odds are stacked against... but for a few reasons... I think the jury will give her what she wants if the DEF can position this right.

Caught up on testimony and the thread. I have to say, some of the comments blaming her kids and parker are astonishing to me. Every shred of evidence shows he tried hard to get her help but she thwarted him by refusing to sign a release. Her kids may have been disrespectful but we don't know that parker encouraged or condoned that. Regardless, they didn't deserve to die for it. Hindsight being what it is, he should've cut her loose long ago and gone for sole custody. I don't think I would've left my kids alone with her for even a day. PS has to live that error in judgement for the rest of his life. JS might be bipolar but that doesn't mean she isn't accountable for what she did. All of her notes, journal entries, activities,etc. show she planned it and knew it was wrong. Defense is going to have a terribly hard time overcoming that. Regardless, this lady is dangerous to herself and others and won't likely ever be able to function in society. My sympathy is not with her but with Beau and Calyx. They are the victims. They are the ones who had all their tomorrows stolen. JMHO

can anyone explain to me what kind of a doctor would listen to a woman repeatedly talking about suicide and then advise he "you better make it on the first try"? Julie said that to the detective and he repeated it back because he could not believe it and I don't either. I want to see this "doc" on the stand...same one that told her 2 drinks okay with meds.

Yeah...did he really say that?

As far as the drinking -- in his email to the doctor (Nov 2010, I think) Parker said that it was customary for them to have a glass of wine with dinner, several times a week. So...apparently, she had been able to handle a modest amount of wine when she was on Abilify.

Accdg to PS, It was when the doctor took her off of Abilify (due to the Tardive Dyskenesia, I guess) and switched her to Lithium (in Sept.) that things started to go south. Parker said 3 days after starting Lithium, she got drunk at a family gathering, and he noticed she was drinking a lot at home. He didn't believe JS when she said the doc said she could have 2 glasses of wine with the Lithium, but then found a note from the doc that said just that! :facepalm:

Parker sent repeated emails to the doc, saying Julie wasn't doing well, wasn't getting out of bed, was falling a lot, losing her memory...and apparently the doc did nothing.

That doctor has a lot to answer for.

first you have to ADMIT there is an issue and I don't think PS's oversized ego would allow that

In all fairness to Parker, he certainly knew JS had a problem. I think because of being away from home a lot, he didn't realize the full scope of her illness. I also believe he didn't fully understand it. And he didn't really effectively stem his daughter's hate speech, which was so devastating to JS. He seemed to believe Julie was choosing to be ill; even though he mentioned in his email to her doc that her recent downturn followed a med change.

He was certainly very concerned in the months prior to the murder -- repeated emails to her doctor. It was a poor choice to leave her alone with the children. Perhaps the abnormal had come to seem normal. Perhaps he just let his job take precedence -- one time too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406