GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JS committed the ultimate act of betrayal on her children, whatever her motivations were. Irrespective of anyone's views or opinions of PS, no parent should ever have to bury their children. JS destroyed so many lives the day she killed her children IMO. What an incredibly selfish and cruel act. Her children deserved such rich and happy lives and to grow up and reach their fullest potential. Abject cruelty IMO.

I was just wondering, regardless of the verdict of the jury, the Judge can still impose a sentence that would require long term intensive treatment correct? Or did I get confused yet again? Lol.

This is what I am not sure of? I don't think the juror's will know either. Because of this I am changing my vote to guilty of 1st degree murder. JS needs constant medical care and treatment. jmo

other than keeping her medicated do you really think there is a chance of rehabilitating her at this point? Whether she's sent to prison or a psych facility I believe the outcomes would be the same.

800px-Chattahoochee_FSH_Amos_Bldg01.jpg

Florida State Hospital also maintains a forensic wing for the Florida Department of Corrections to care for inmates who have been adjudicated through the criminal justice system to be incompetent to proceed to trial, or not guilty by reason of insanity.

Florida State Hospital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Exclusive: New claims of abuse at Fl State Hospital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksQwxaFQmmc

other than keeping her medicated do you really think there is a chance of rehabilitating her at this point?

No, her brain is fried. She could be useful in continued experimental treatments.

here is david chalue's thread! he was the guy with horns and 666 on his head :eek:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149072&highlight=david+chalue

I will move it to trials

David Chalue was not the one with the horns though.
But Nurse you have just given me the willies for the next week.
Clicked on the link and saw the picture of the guy with the implants in his forehead, that is one of the grossest things I have ever seen.
I am about to break out in hives :scared: (SERIOUSLY!)

ETA- Thanks a lot Nurse! :giggle:

:juggle:

I have a problem with the 'taking the kids to heaven with me.' All Christians know that you can't get into heaven if you commit suicide, so she was never going to heaven. And nowhere else do you hear or see anything about religion.

Not true for the Catholic religion anymore. They consider the person insane at the time they killed themselves.

Clicked on the link and saw the picture of the guy with the implants in his forehead, that is one of the grossest things I have ever seen.

he changed his name

Not true for the Catholic religion anymore. They consider the person insane at the time they killed themselves.

Really?! Wow, times sure have changed. Sadly, that was one reason that kept many alive.

OMG!! :scared::scared:
What does that guy have going on with his forehead!!!! :scared::scared:

he changed his name

OK, I thought they said 3 guys.
So he is the C-whatever guy? (forgot the name they said)
I will trust you on it though Zoey, I can NOT go back to that thread!

:tyou:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 47s
Mmmmm my favorite part. Jury instructions. #JulieSchenecker

as Zuri pointed out .... JS is looking more 'normal' today...even her jaw and contortions have stopped

1:11 PM

Twitter
carsonchambers

@CarsonChambers

Judge charging jury now ~ could take about an hour #JulieSchenecke

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 53s
Court is back in session. Judge Battles is reading instructions to the jury. #scheneckertrial

I was just wondering, regardless of the verdict of the jury, the Judge can still impose a sentence that would require long term intensive treatment correct? Or did I get confused yet again? Lol.

If she's found guilty, then I think her treatment would be determined by the State penal system, not the judge -- but I might be wrong.
ETA: OK, found this link -- apparently the judge can take her mental illness into consideration as a "mitigating circumstance"
http://www.blakedorstenlaw.com/departure-hearings.html

"Florida Statute §921.0026, entitled "Mitigating Circumstances," provides a useful list of factors that the sentencing Court can consider when determining whether or not to "depart" from the sentencing guidelines on any given case. Subsection (2) states as follows:
....d) The defendant requires specialized treatment for a mental disorder that is unrelated to substance abuse or addiction or for a physical disability, and the defendant is amenable to treatment."

ETA: If she's found guilty and sentenced to prison, then the warden can recommend she be placed in a mental health facility -- that would have to go back to court for authorization. If she's found to be in need of immediate treatment, they can hospitalize her immediately under the "Emergency Act." The facility can be either public or private. She would not be hospitalized any longer than her sentence, unless she's still mentally ill, and continues to require inpatient care, in which case, she could be involuntarily committed at the end of her prison sentence.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...+ill&URL=0900-0999/0945/Sections/0945.43.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...+ill&URL=0900-0999/0945/Sections/0945.12.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...+ill&URL=0900-0999/0945/Sections/0945.46.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...+ill&URL=0900-0999/0945/Sections/0945.44.html

If she's found not guilty, here's the procedure:

ETA: here's link http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/916.15

"916.15 Involuntary commitment of defendant adjudicated not guilty by reason of insanity.—
(1) The determination of whether a defendant is not guilty by reason of insanity shall be determined in accordance with Rule 3.217, Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure.
(2) A defendant who is acquitted of criminal charges because of a finding of not guilty by reason of insanity may be involuntarily committed pursuant to such finding if the defendant has a mental illness and, because of the illness, is manifestly dangerous to himself or herself or others.
(3) Every defendant acquitted of criminal charges by reason of insanity and found to meet the criteria for involuntary commitment may be committed and treated in accordance with the provisions of this section and the applicable Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure. The department shall admit a defendant so adjudicated to an appropriate facility or program for treatment and shall retain and treat such defendant. No later than 6 months after the date of admission, prior to the end of any period of extended commitment, or at any time the administrator or designee shall have determined that the defendant no longer meets the criteria for continued commitment placement, the administrator or designee shall file a report with the court pursuant to the applicable Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure.
(4) In all proceedings under this section, both the defendant and the state shall have the right to a hearing before the committing court. Evidence at such hearing may be presented by the hospital administrator or the administrator’s designee as well as by the state and the defendant. The defendant shall have the right to counsel at any such hearing. In the event that a defendant is determined to be indigent pursuant to s. 27.52, the public defender shall represent the defendant. The parties shall have access to the defendant’s records at the treating facilities and may interview or depose personnel who have had contact with the defendant at the treating facilities."

CarsonChambers ‏@CarsonChambers · 8m
Judge will let jury deliberate until 6:30PM ~ that's the cutoff ~ unless they are close to a verdict, then they keep going #JulieSchenecker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay