GUILTY FL - Carlie Brucia, 11, Sarasota, 1 February 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I like the analogy of the shark. That is exactly what these predators do,search for prey. Drive around and see an opportunity and take it. I think that's what makes it all the more frightening,its so random.All the more reason to continue to educate our kids on safety.

I wonder the same thing. If he was so slick to get Carlie to go with him. Wonder if he's done this before and we just weren't so lucky to catch it on video. That's the scary part.

He has 3 daughters of his own????????????

He is a sick puppy. :loser:

indigomood said:
CARLA said:
:razz: He looks different..I was hoping to see black eyes and the like..!! :loser:

Although we can't see them in his ugly mug shot, I bet there are telling signs on J. Smith's hands (remember the westerfield scratches??)

http://www.primenews.com/311023.jpg westerfield scratches
OMG, I have never seen those pics before! I thought I saw it all. Gasp.

The back of the car Smith used, so damaged, he has a mark somewhere, and they got him quick.

I hope she bit him!!!

Cypros said:
Quote from the St. Petersburg Times article:
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/08/Tampabay/Suspect_s_borrowed_ca.shtml
Van Zandt said the roughly 300 miles Dinyes said were logged on the station wagon may explain why investigators are still asking for the public's help in tracking the vehicle.

"The question is, did he burn those miles up looking for a victim like a shark, looking for someone," Van Zandt said, "or did he find this victim and take her to a distant location and bring her back?"

I think it is unlikely that he took her somplace far away and then returned to within a couple of miles of her home (at a time when people would have been searching for her) to dump her body. I would guess that he kidnapped her, drove to the church where he raped and killed her, dumped her body AND THEN drove far out of town to cool off and get control of himself.
Or he spent the time before the kidnapping and killing, on a drug run.

Wow, you're really up on Bindner. Thanks for updating us. I'd forgotten some of that, knew he won his suit. No, I'm never stating anything as fact, always qualify my statements, don't need any trouble.

The expression "Maturing" indiviuals, however, is not a scriptural one, and since we are commanded to be watching cautiously for a final heretic madman, I was just saying watch the web site to see if they remove that.

We are braver at a prophecy forum than any other forums, and freely discuss that he's here now, judging by world news and so many child murders. I personally don't think it's just because we have better reporting. COULD be that such a belief, that nobody ever posted before, figures nationwide. How should I know? Thanks for helping to get that all straight. Not saying Smith knew anything about it. He told his mother, I think, that he was so drugged he didn't remember anything.

Thanks for the ST. PETE TIMES articles, whoever posted that.

He'd put 300 miles on the borrowed car, so they're hoping to find Carley's pink backpack to see where he went, shortcut link http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/08/TYampabay/Suspect_s_borrowed_ca.shtml

In the video, she's holding something in her left hand, maybe a radio? And either she or he also carried something white in the other hand. A pack of Kleenex maybe? It doesn't look like a weapon, does it? I don't want to download that player, which sounds like it's for a Mac. Anyone using it for Windows?

As more details continue to emerge about Carlie's abduction, it continues to get harder to bear, even for someone like me who did not know any of this family personally. Which leads me to believe the family, friends and neighbors need continuous comfort and assurance. Please, this is a request, not a commandment yet, :blushing: to go to this site and say something kind from the heart. The family will eventually, if not already have read and seen this site. Keeping this on the fore front of our hearts and minds I feel will help keep justice and the players involved in seeking justice in alignment with the public and families expectations. Thank you :blowkiss:

Cypros said:
Quote from the St. Petersburg Times article:
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/08/Tampabay/Suspect_s_borrowed_ca.shtml
Van Zandt said the roughly 300 miles Dinyes said were logged on the station wagon may explain why investigators are still asking for the public's help in tracking the vehicle.

I think it is unlikely that he took her somplace far away and then returned to within a couple of miles of her home (at a time when people would have been searching for her) to dump her body. I would guess that he kidnapped her, drove to the church where he raped and killed her, dumped her body AND THEN drove far out of town to cool off and get control of himself.

somewhere in those 300 miles he went for a haircut?? There is obviuosly a haircut that took place between those two photos.. http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/7900532.htm

has LE spoke with a barber that could place him somewhere during his meanderings or do you think the haircut was given while in custody??

Also, his eyes look so freakin bloodshot in the booking pic for murder... what a *advertiser censored*... pardon my french.

Do they need to advertise for a barber who'd remember cutting the perp's hair? The media aren't mentioning any haircut yet.

Another thing that would help establish where the perp went would be Carlie's pink backpack.

And as Maxi said on the first page, the perp's holding something (white, it seems to me) in his hand. Or, maybe Carlie was holding a pack of Kleenex or something. What else could it be?

Eagle1 said:
Do they need to advertise for a barber who'd remember cutting the perp's hair? The media aren't mentioning any haircut yet.

Another thing that would help establish where the perp went would be Carlie's pink backpack.

And as Maxi said on the first page, the perp's holding something (white, it seems to me) in his hand. Or, maybe Carlie was holding a pack of Kleenex or something. What else could it be?

I can't discern that but my guess is he flashed a weapon, isn't it stated somewhere that his MO is a knife??

Judge's probation call common, observers say

SARASOTA - A Sarasota judge did what most judges would do when he declined to jail Joseph P. Smith on a probation violation a month before Smith was accused of killing 11-year-old Carlie Brucia, legal experts say.

Sarasota Circuit Judge Harry Rapkin refused to jail Smith in December for failing to pay $170 in court costs, a condition of his probation on a drug charge. Rapkin said he needed evidence that the violation was willful.

"We don't have debtor prisons," said Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Judge Michael Andrews. "This judge did what I think most judges would have done. ... The jails are saturated."..........

"............Rapkin's decisions on the bench have previously brought criticism.

In 1995, Rapkin refused to sentence a convicted sex offender to the 15 years in prison prosecutors wanted for a probation violation. Instead, the judge ordered him to to four weekends in jail.

Within weeks, the sex offender became the prime suspect in the killing of a 14-year-old girl. The man was never charged with the crime.

And in 1996, a man faced 19 months in prison for setting his ex-girlfriend's car on fire. After the woman told Rapkin she didn't want the man to go to prison, Rapkin sentenced him to probation.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/10/Tampabay/Judge_s_probation_cal.shtml

Somebody else care to post a Timeline? I'm still not positive if the abduction was Sunday night or Sunday morning, about 6:15 or 6:30.

What time did Smith borrow the car? Evidently he liked to drive around when upset, as he was about his marriage. Some of the 300 mi may have been put on the car before he spotted Carly.

I heard it was about 10 pm Sunday when Smith was seen coming from the wooded area back to the car which was in plain sight, told police he'd been taking a bathroom break. We've always heard that killers return to the scene of a crime, making sure everything still looks okay, and/or making sure that if anyone saw them the first time, they have an explanation?
I thought he was arrested early in the week, probation violation, so how could he have been at work on Friday? They found the body before dawn on Friday? Had just talked to the other inmate?

Police said early on this appeared to have been PLANNED, so it's not paranoid at all to keep an open mind about a conspiracy, Smith maybe hired for procuring, to get drugs money, in which case maybe he had to deliver her to someone pretty far away. That's why they need to find the backpack and red purse. I hear drugs get more and more expensive. Did anyone
notice him throwing a pillowcase over his right shoulder during the abduction when, I believe, his left hand was holding her arm, leading her away? Was the backpack people are supposed to be looking for actually a very pale pink pillowcase? Or was that some other kind of blur?

What's the best player for viewing the video?

I thought I read he showed up for work on Monday, got sick (something about his blood pressure) was driven home by an employee, and then was arrested on Tuesday for drug charges.

Angie said:
I thought I read he showed up for work on Monday, got sick (something about his blood pressure) was driven home by an employee, and then was arrested on Tuesday for drug charges.

that's my understanding as well

Actually I just read on AMW website that they arrested him on Wednesday at his home, with drugs in his possession.

I can't find Shannon's thread that was on the old site but here is a link about checking out the perp in Carlie's abduction.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWS/StoryLocalshannon10ww.htm

There is the sketch of the person of interest at this site:
http://www.geocities.com/shannonssong/

Anther site about Shannon and this person's sketch:
http://www.geocities.com/shannonpaulk/

Smith for comparison:
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/7900532.htm

I guess the eyes are the catch. Both have pretty distinctive eyes. I haven't read anything to indicate that Smith was in Alabama but who knows.

Edited to add urls to sites with the sketch.

BirdieBoo said:
I believe that Danielle van Dam was also murdered on Superbowl Sunday by David Westerfield.

IS THIS TRUE? I can't remember that part and I followed that case day and night...my memory is so bad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back