GUILTY FL - Carlie Brucia, 11, Sarasota, 1 February 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The story of him urinatng in the woods is not confirmed. Carlie was abducted at 6:21 PM on Sunday. Joesph went to work Monday AM but said his blood pressure was up and had someone drive him home.

I suspect that he dumped her body on Monday night believing that the police had already checked the area around the abduction and would not be looking there again soon. I do not think he assaulted and killed her there because there was not enough time between the kidnpping and people looking for her. Also there were people playing golf across the way and surely Carlie screamed when fighting him off. I think it is more likely that he took her someplace and panicked on Monday evening when the Amber Alert went out and he saw himself in the video. So he quickly got a haircut.

Looking at that picture of Julie Streeter (Smith's ex-wife) in CaliMom's link....She kind of looks like an older Carlie, imo..Hmmm..repressed misplaced anger on the part of Smith perhaps? :furious:

I don't think he kept her body until Monday evening. He had returned the car he borrowed by that time and didn't have access to a car. If he had borrowed one, I am sure the person he borrowed it from would have come forward by now. This NY Post article states that he was even questioned by cops in the church area around 10pm Sunday night.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/15445.htm

In my opinion, he took her to the church area right after the abduction and that is where the majority of the crime took place and that is where the monster threw her out like a piece of garbage. He deserves to fry.

I was under the impression that it was the Sunday that Carlie went missing that the cops saw him and he said he had took a bathroom break. I remember thinking, OMG they were right there, maybe they could have saved her.

stormonster said:
I know this is stupid but is their such a citation? Public urination? Not being funny but just wondering.
Sarasota has an ordinance that addresses urinating in public. However, Smith wasn't actually seen (i.e., caught) urinating in public.

Sec. 30-12. Public urination or defecation prohibited.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to urinate or defecate in other than a toilet while at a public place.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to urinate or defecate at any place where such conduct may reasonably be expected to be viewed by others; provided, however, this section shall not apply where a person is urinating or defecating in a toilet.

(Ord. No. 02-4372, § 1, 5-6-02)

Secs. 30-13--30-24.
Reserved.

indigomood said:
somewhere in those 300 miles he went for a haircut?? There is obviuosly a haircut that took place between those two photos.
When he was booked on the 3d, he was physically put in jail. If a haircut occurred between the 1st and 2d photo, then it would have had to have been done by a jail barber because Smith was in jail the whole time.

cole said:
When he was booked on the 3d, he was physically put in jail. If a haircut occurred between the 1st and 2d photo, then it would have had to have been done by a jail barber because Smith was in jail the whole time.
His defense is going to be that he was literally so messed up that night that his hair was standing on end. The difference in the two photos is something I still can't quite grasp. Its just immense.

are you referring too? Can you send me the link or post it here? That is extremely disturbing and heart wrenching not to mention ENRAGING :banghead: . I have an 8yr old? Where, when and how did that happen? :confused: God bless that sweet little girl...I hope she is all right? Please send me the info.

OTE=CaliMom]While reading about the 8 year old girl that was raped and left for dead, I came across this article. I can't believe they are bringing up Carlie's parents character. I really don't think it has anything to do with this case, but I guess the media hounds will report anything.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/US/Joseph_Smith_exwife_040210-1.html[/QUOTE]

but I guess the media hounds will report anything. :razz: :razz:

Exactly, This has no bearing on CARLIE abduction, and murder what so ever..!! :bang: Just makes new I guess..!! :loser:

JUST A SHAME..

cole said:

yes, you are right ... thanks for pointing it out. I think my mind and typing fingers were going a mile a minute ;) either way I am glad he opted for the haircut as opposed to a bad hair dye

do you think it's possible that the mother of carlie and "stepfather" may not really be married. More like common law marriage? Not that it matters one way or the other, just curious with the different last names. I know not everyone changes their name at marriage but I get the impression that he is more a live in boyfriend. Not sure why.

And now all these reports coming out about disturbances at the home and police having to be called. That poor girl, I think she may have had a difficult childhood and now a tragic death...

It's really pathetic that they are bringing this to the attention of the public, about the disturbances at Carlie's home. The fact of the matter is, this little innocent child was abducted and murdered regardless of what went on in her personal life. Let's not let the media take our minds off the fact that she was abducted and murdered by some sicko (i could go on but that would only get me in trouble). Even if she was unhappy with her life at home and may have voluntarily went with this man doesn't give him the right to take her and kill her and that is exactly where they are trying to go with this matter. SHE WAS MURDERED!!!!

Baily1 - The thread on the 8 year old that was raped is in the Missing/Located forum. She was raped and beaten in a pulic library's bathroom in Philadelphia. Nobody heard a word. So sad.

I am really glad to hear that the Police didn't stop Smith near the church where her body was found. I did find this a little unbelievable, because if that had taken place, I would have to assume that would have been the first place the cops would have looked after nailing this guy as the suspect.

I am a bit confused as to how many times he has been married though. We have one article with his ex-wife, Julie Streeter and then another article with an ex-wife, Julie Thornton and an estranged wife, Luz Smith. I wonder if the 2 Julie's are the same person or if he has been married 3 times, not that it makes a bit of difference in this case, just wondering on facts here.

Up2theminute said:
Looking at that picture of Julie Streeter (Smith's ex-wife) in CaliMom's link....She kind of looks like an older Carlie, imo..Hmmm..repressed misplaced anger on the part of Smith perhaps? :furious:
Funny your should mention that. I thought the same thing. The I wondered what his present wife looks like. (The one who just kicked him out)

Ghostwheel said:
Funny your should mention that. I thought the same thing. The I wondered what his present wife looks like. (The one who just kicked him out)

Julie Streeter is Julie Thornton and Julie Smith, apparently married numerous times. But the resemblance is remarkable between Julie and Carlie. I am thinking he had some repressed anger.

About the police being called to the home, it could have been problems with one of Carlie's brothers or trouble with a neighbor. Simply calling the police to your home is NOT an indication that her home life was terrible. My neighbor has a son that is an adult and disabled. He gets mad and the police are called because he gets out of control. It is no reflection on the parents that are doing their best to keep their son out of an institution. The police are available to help in situations like that and I would hate to think that some people on a forum somewhere are questioning my neighbors parenting ability based on how many time they have needed the police to help out when the young man acts out. Calling the police should not be seen as a bad thing. Having the police called on you may need to be seen differently.

Or had he been somewhere else and returned to the murder scene? He was ILLEGALLY PARKED under an I-75 overpass. Could he have made her walk to the woods, the way she was fighting, or was she killed in the car? This newspaper link says he was killed HORRIFICALLY. http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/15445.htm

and in this one, Greta Von Susterin asked Carley's mom if she had any idea WHY SMITH WAS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. (I think "Ron" had talked. Thought she was really hot stuff.) http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110544,00.html

Was it because she fought so hard that he killed her or would he have anyway, because she'd be sure to tell on him?

We should poll some older and wiser guys, and decide what young girls could do when they feel they're being ogled. Instead of telling her what to do, this "Ron" just told her, "They'll do that."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back