GUILTY FL - Carlie Brucia, 11, Sarasota, 1 February 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
this really breaks my heart. I prayed last night that she could be found to allow some closure to all of this. I think he knew she would be located soon and thats why he did not offer any info as to where she was. now they have a body and have a tape of the crime in progress. this man probably choked the life out of this child and went on with his life like it was nothing too it.. well if I were an attorney for him and the fact they have a tape and body I believe I would tell the man good luck and refuse to represent him. at least this monster will never get to do this again. I hope florida cooks him well done.. carlie is safe from all the harm,hate,evil and darkness of this world now and she has won. god bless this family and all her little friends.. to all of the parents and I know a lot of you have already done so, show them the tape and explain that it is not a tv show with actors, and it takes 33 seconds to disappear for good. I think with this case it took less than that. :behindbar

mindys said:
Now we need to also talk to our kids about people in 'uniform', WTF??? He came off as authoritative to her perhaps because of that.

Even policeman - it is easy to disquise one's self as a cop -

INFORM YOUR CHILD THAT THEY GO WITH NO ONE - ANYWHERE - UNLESS THAT PERSON KNOWS THE "PASSWORD." NOT EVEN A COP!

This is becoming an all to common occurrence - what can we do?

CNN now reporting a positive DNA link to Carlie from station wagon.

Oh, how I wish this were the 1800's....... public lynching is justified!

7:10 AM press conference scheduled per CNN.

Rest in peace sweet Carlie. May God give her family strength to go through what is ahead.

Tampa Tribune reporting that Smith occasionally frequented a bar near the car wash:

http://tampatrib.com/MGAWIGCTBQD.html

"A car mechanic with a history of drug problems, Smith was arrested in 1997 on charges that he attempted to kidnap a woman walking along U.S. 41 in southern Manatee County. A jury acquitted him of that charge.

Smith is an occasional patron at a bar about a block from the carwash where Carlie was abducted as she walked home from a friend's house after a sleepover.

``We've all been talking about it, about how that's a face we've seen,'' said Dave Monda, owner of Nick's Bar.

Carlie's mother visited the bar once or twice a week, Monda said. He said he doesn't know whether Smith and Schorpen are acquaintances.

Nobody in the bar Thursday afternoon recalled seeing Smith there Sunday. Monda had asked patrons to leave the bar at 6 p.m. as he closed it for a private Super Bowl party. "

May God give this family strength as justice is served for this sweet child.

Oh my good lord... how awful!!!!!! I am just sick about it.

*advertiser censored* that he is.... and I hope EVERY member of the jury who aquitted him of his other abduction attempt hears about carlie's murder.

THis is just like Avila... kills Samantha, yet was in court for child molestation and is aquitted :furious: :mad:

Casshew said:
Oh my good lord... how awful!!!!!! I am just sick about it.

*advertiser censored* that he is.... and I hope EVERY member of the jury who aquitted him of his other abduction attempt hears about carlie's murder.

THis is just like Avila... kills Samantha, yet was in court for child molestation and is aquitted :furious: :mad:

Agree. I thought he had been convicted previously for the attempted abduction, but apparently not. ..where he should have been. :behindbar

Saddened and sickened--I don't want to wear any more ribbons, I want to do something to protect our children from these s.o.b.s.

Idaho Mom:

"I think those reforms have to occur on a state-by-state basis. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Why not make this an election year issue for candidates? I think we should all rise up and say we're fed up and we're not going to take this anymore! Our children are being murdered! For gosh sakes! What is MORE IMPORTANT than that?

Alfonso Rodriguez should never have been released. This jerk should not have been acquitted the first time he tried to kidnap someone. I am sick that good families have to fear for the safety of their loved ones."

I agree completely and had to pull this over from the closed thread. THIS is a very important issue to me.

What a sad thread to wake up and see. :(
I had hoped for a much better ending...That poor precious little girl , And what her family must be going through.

God Bless her family and many many prayers are being said for them. :boohoo:

Dear God,

This was a taller, well developed 11-year-old and this Joseph Smith most likely thought she was a teen of about 15. But there are men out there who target kids of her age who look their age too. Broad daylight... Sunday morning... familiar neighborhood. Unbelieveable.

PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR CHILDREN WALK ALONE ANYWHERE. IT IS SO SAD BUT UNFORTUNATELY SO TRUE. I AM JUST SICK ABOUT THIS.

I have an eleven-year-old girl who is less than three months younger than this child, and a thirteen-year-old about the same physical development level. No wonder I couldn't sleep well last night. The videotape was a miracle for finding her killer... but it didn't prevent her death. Never rely on anything to protect your kids but you.

I am absolutely furious!!! :furious: I hope they fry him!! I woke up to this on the news this morning, I just broke down and cried. :( What a sick sick world we live in when our children aren't even safe. It just makes me sick. :sick:

I just saw the sherriff speaking. He was about to break down and cry. I feel so horrible for everyone involved.

Heard the news while getting ready for work this morning. This guy is a sicko - he evidently got off on a similar charge in 1997 - he had a good story line and good defense lawyer. Wonder how the jury members feel this morning? Though they can only make decisions on what they're handed; but then there are certain jury members that believe most criminals can be redeemed.

I'm so angry......at sickos.....at the system that often appears to enable the sickos..... :furious:

This truely is sad. I seen him almost cry as well. He sounded a wee bit upset in the first meeting. My prayers and thoughts go out to everyone involved in this case! I will be setting up a site in her memory at Maketoast. I will post the url when the site is uploaded!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4146010/

Investigators found the body after negotiations with Smith, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Earlier, authorities had said he was not cooperating.

Atleast this animal gave some sort of closure to this poor family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back