Found Deceased FL - Cassie Carli 37, & Saylor (safe) met Ex to exchange custody, Navarre Beach, 27 Mar 2022 *Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wouldn’t be adverse to hearing about someone in prison knocking that smirk off his face. He still needs to pay, and sit and fester thinking about what he’s done for the rest of his life. But that egotism and arrogance will fade over time, once the reality sets in. He’s lost.

Last edited:
Report: Cassie Carli's ex-boyfriend threw out her phone day after disappearance

Snip
The affidavit claims Spanevelo threw Carli's phone out the window of his truck when driving the day after she disappeared.

The documents say that when detectives asked him why, Spanevelo told them he had to get rid of it.

Snip
He also told them that while attempting to take a look at Cassie's vehicle, "there was an altercation".

Spanevelo would not elaborate on that altercation, according to the affidavit.

Marcus' aunt says the allegations against him are not true.

• Channel 3 reporter Olivia Iverson: "You think someone set him up?"
  • Neiva Spanevelo : "Yes. Of course. Just think about it."
  • Channel 3 reporter Olivia Iverson: "Why would someone set him up?"
  • Neiva Spanevelo: "Because he works all the time. He never touch one -- he never kill one [person]. He'd never do that. He's a very good boy -- I know. He would never kill nobody. He always work, work work for his benefit."
Time and time again, Neiva Spanevelo said she believes Marcus is innocent.

"100 percent," she said, adding that "he's a kind man who is working hard and taking care of his one daughter."

Channel 3 posed Neiva Spanevelo's claims of Marcus' innocence to Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson on Thursday.

"No he's not. That's my response," Sheriff Johnson said. "You know, he's going to get his day in court. But I can tell you this -- the evidence that we have is overwhelming."
'He's innocent': Marcus Spanevelo's aunt comes to his defense in Cassie Carli case

Marcus' aunt says the allegations against him are not true.

• Channel 3 reporter Olivia Iverson: "You think someone set him up?"
  • Neiva Spanevelo : "Yes. Of course. Just think about it."
  • Channel 3 reporter Olivia Iverson: "Why would someone set him up?"
  • Neiva Spanevelo: "Because he works all the time. He never touch one -- he never kill one [person]. He'd never do that. He's a very good boy -- I know. He would never kill nobody. He always work, work work for his benefit."
Time and time again, Neiva Spanevelo said she believes Marcus is innocent.

"100 percent," she said, adding that "he's a kind man who is working hard and taking care of his one daughter."

Channel 3 posed Neiva Spanevelo's claims of Marcus' innocence to Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson on Thursday.

"No he's not. That's my response," Sheriff Johnson said. "You know, he's going to get his day in court. But I can tell you this -- the evidence that we have is overwhelming."
'He's innocent': Marcus Spanevelo's aunt comes to his defense in Cassie Carli case

BLIND FAITH....JMO

Is the FBI involved in this at all since (I would think) there's evidence of crime(s) across state lines?

He hasn't yet been charged with murder, right?

No murder charges yet. There’s a hold for him out of St. Clair Alabama, where her body was found. My guess is that the charges in Florida are just the means they are using to hold him in jail while Alabama builds a solid case against him. Even if he did bond out, St. Clair would have a chance to charge him and transport him to Alabama before he would be released. With the autopsy, the actual examination has most likely has already been done but toxicology can take a month or more, depending on the toxins they are looking for (some toxins need to be sent to specialized labs). If I were them, I’d rather wait on the murder charge until my case was as tight as I could make it.
He could also be charged with the kidnapping too (and probably will be) but I’m not sure which state would make it and yes, I think the FBI has been involved in the background but the county agencies have been taking the lead. They’ve all been working well together, in my opinion.
Moo

By Lacey Beasley
Published: May. 8, 2022 at 7:43 PM CDT
Saturday in Navarre, many came out to watch Dan in the Sand create a sand sculpture in honor of Cassie. Donations go toward her daughter Saylor’s future. The sculpture even had a sentimental family quote embellished across it.

“Loving you always, that is what we always said to each other,” said Raeann Carli, Cassie’s sister. “L-U-A is what the loving you always stands for, and that’s the tattoo we share as well.”

[snip]

The family continues to fight for justice, eagerly waiting for Cassie’s autopsy to come back.

“Fingers crossed it is soon,” she said. “The toxicology is what we’re waiting on to hopefully get further results and evidence and finally be able to move forward in bigger charges against him.”
Fundraiser for the daughter of Cassie Carli, remembering her this Mother’s Day

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back