FL - Cats being mutilated and killed in miami-dade, fl

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think they should stop using animals for dissection in biology classes.

I agree. We had frogs to dissect in high school. I couldn't do it, and I could barely watch (some of them were pregnant and stuff). Besides the fact that it's pretty gross to do/watch, it's gross that we breed some of these animals to dissect, put them in a bag and throw them in the freezer. The other thing is, how many people in a class actually go into a profession where you need to know the anatomy of cats, frogs, etc.. I know it's supposed to simulate human organs, but I'll take diagrams over guts any day.

Judge Says Miami Cat Killings Suspect Poses No Danger to Community

June 17, 2009

The Miami teen accused of brutally killing nearly two dozen cats can be released on bail because he poses no danger to himself or the community, a judge ruled Wednesday.

The teen, Tyler Weinman, 18, has been charged with 19 counts of animal cruelty, four counts of burglary and 19 counts of improper disposing of an animal body.

Judge John Thornton ordered Weinman released after a brief hearing, the Associated Press reported. His bond, which was set at $249,500, was posted Tuesday. The judge had previously ordered a pschiatric evaluation for the suspect.

Weinman, who appeared in a Miami-Dade County courtroom in a red, jail-issued uniform, will wear an electronic monitoring bracelet while he awaits his trial and will be allowed to attend counseling sessions that were recommended by a doctor after a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation, according to the AP.

"He is competent to proceed and does not, at this time, appear to be at risk of harming himself or others," Thornton said.

more at: http://abcnews.go.com/US/AmazingAnimals/story?id=7862192&page=1

I think they should stop using animals for dissection in biology classes.

re video of bail bond hearing: I hate that defense attorney already. If someone else killed the cats, for sure this little creep would rat him (or them) out---why don't go after them, then ? this is like a Geragos fantasy defense.
(bolding mine)

AMEN to that! :clap: :clap: These kids aren't in college studying veterinary medicine which would require knowledge of the animals internal organs, skeleton, etc.

I remember back in high school half the kids weren't even interested in the subject matter in biology and would laugh and joke around never thinking that the poor frog was once alive. No animal, even dead, should be exposed to these "juveniles". :mad:

(bolding mine)

AMEN to that! :clap: :clap: These kids aren't in college studying veterinary medicine which would require knowledge of the animals internal organs, skeleton, etc.

I remember back in high school half the kids weren't even interested in the subject matter in biology and would laugh and joke around never thinking that the poor frog was once alive. No animal, even dead, should be exposed to these "juveniles". :mad:

When considering the number of Cats and Dogs that are euthanized daily in this country why not let kids learn from them. If he cats were cats that were likely to be adopted then I think that's wrong.

:cow:

I would love to see what evidence they have already. Guess that won't come out until trial? This kid scares me, I really hope his family is getting him some help.

I remember in college we had to dissect a cat. I skipped class on those days and those questions on the final exam. I just couldn't do it!

I fear what this kid will become in the future. No compassion...very scary!

(bolding mine)

I agree with that. I can see original research being conducted by scientists, however there is no need to conduct the same experiment over and over again once the research has been done. The kids could just study pictures and the findings of the original research. In my class, we had to use a guillotine like thing to cut the frog's heads off. Talk about nasty.

I guess Daddy's dental practice will soon be losing a lot of business. I sure would not go to the father of a cat killing psycho.

I would love to see what evidence they have already. Guess that won't come out until trial? This kid scares me, I really hope his family is getting him some help.

bolding by me
I hope so but I wonder why I doubt it? Daddy too busy with girlfriend and they are probably in denial, thinking of reasons why it can't be him.

And...knowing what he did to those cats, if I were the girlfriend I would be outta there so fast--how could she stay there with her kitties in the same house as that creep? That may have been the kid's motive anyhow, jealousy & wanting her out. He has to be a sociopath to do anything so vicious, though. No conscience or feelings.

When considering the number of Cats and Dogs that are euthanized daily in this country why not let kids learn from them. If he cats were cats that were likely to be adopted then I think that's wrong.

I understand what you're saying, but I know in my particular biology class it wasn't done respectfully (that sounds funny). More or less people just ripping them open and poking around. No one even knew what the organs looked like or anything, it just seemed really unnecessary.

On another note, I'm glad that we didn't use domesticated animals in my class. I probably would have never gone back. I've had pets all of my life and couldn't handle seeing someone cut open a cat or dog.

bolding by me
I hope so but I wonder why I doubt it? Daddy too busy with girlfriend and they are probably in denial, thinking of reasons why it can't be him.

And...knowing what he did to those cats, if I were the girlfriend I would be outta there so fast--how could she stay there with her kitties in the same house as that creep? That may have been the kid's motive anyhow, jealousy & wanting her out. He has to be a sociopath to do anything so vicious, though. No conscience or feelings.

Maybe she thinks that it can't be him, since her cats weren't targeted and they were so accessible?

I would agree except there are too many kids who are only in biology class because it's a requirement in high school and they're not seriously interested in veterinary medicine. I don't know if the animal dissection had anything to do with the alleged perp's mutilation and torture of these precious cats, but it's possible. Some kids bent on destruction just don't need additional ideas. MOO

I understand what you're saying, but I know in my particular biology class it wasn't done respectfully (that sounds funny). More or less people just ripping them open and poking around. No one even knew what the organs looked like or anything, it just seemed really unnecessary.

On another note, I'm glad that we didn't use domesticated animals in my class. I probably would have never gone back. I've had pets all of my life and couldn't handle seeing someone cut open a cat or dog.
Exactly! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I agree with that. I can see original research being conducted by scientists, however there is no need to conduct the same experiment over and over again once the research has been done. The kids could just study pictures and the findings of the original research. In my class, we had to use a guillotine like thing to cut the frog's heads off. Talk about nasty.

I guess Daddy's dental practice will soon be losing a lot of business. I sure would not go to the father of a cat killing psycho.
I normally wouldn't say anything about the parents except in this case, his dad is the one who bonded him out of jail ~ and that is a big problem for me. I certainly hope the alleged killer is being monitored very closely and doesn't set foot outside the house. MOO

Maybe she thinks that it can't be him, since her cats weren't targeted and they were so accessible?
And the reason hers weren't targeted could be because it would obviously lead right back to him and he didn't want to get caught? I don't believe LE just randomly picked him as the alleged killer without any evidence. MOO

My daughter took information from this site to her teacher. The teacher is now seriously considering changing over to virtual dissections. I had a long conference with the teacher because my daughter refused to participate or even attend the dissections. We are both huge animal lovers. She was given an alternate assignment to replace the grade. I do hope virtual dissections will become mainstream in the schools :)

http://www.dissectionalternatives.org/

I would agree except there are too many kids who are only in biology class because it's a requirement in high school and they're not seriously interested in veterinary medicine. I don't know if the animal dissection had anything to do with the alleged perp's mutilation and torture of these precious cats, but it's possible. Some kids bent on destruction just don't need additional ideas. MOO

I think most people make career choices in high school. This could turn some people on to becoming vets.

My daughter took information from this site to her teacher. The teacher is now seriously considering changing over to virtual dissections. I had a long conference with the teacher because my daughter refused to participate or even attend the dissections. We are both huge animal lovers. She was given an alternate assignment to replace the grade. I do hope virtual dissections will become mainstream in the schools :)

http://www.dissectionalternatives.org/
Thank you! :clap:

I think most people make career choices in high school. This could turn some people on to becoming vets.

Point well taken. :) I realize there are many students who are serious about science, however, it's the ones who aren't that trouble me ~ especially with the report of feline dissection in the alleged perp's biology class. MOO

Point well taken. :) I realize there are many students who are serious about science, however, it's the ones who aren't that trouble me ~ especially with the report of feline dissection in the alleged perp's biology class. MOO

I guess I shouldn't tell you a friend of mine drew a policeman's hat on his fetal pig. No, I don't think I'll tell you that. :crazy:

Court Case No.: F09019761
State Case No.: 132009CF0197610001XX
Name: WEINMAN, TYLER HAYES
Date of Birth: 01/14/1991
Date Filed: 06/15/2009
Date Closed:
Warrant Type:
Hearing Date: 06/24/2009
Hearing Time:

Hearing Type: R
Court Room: REGJB - JUSTICE BUILDING, ROOM No.: 4-3
Address: 1351 N.W. 12 ST