FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMOO there is simply no excuse for his behavior. He was a retired cop who knew guns were not allowed in the theatre....yet he brought one. Sounds like he had a God complex.

IMOO there is simply no excuse for his behavior. He was a retired cop who knew guns were not allowed in the theatre....yet he brought one. Sounds like he had a God complex.

BBM.

His former co-workers recall him as stickler for rules being followed. Yet he breaks the theater's rule against guns. IMO, he sounds like one of those people who thinks rules apply to everyone except him.

BBM.

His former co-workers recall him as stickler for rules being followed. Yet he breaks the theater's rule against guns. IMO, he sounds like one of those people who thinks rules apply to everyone except him.

:seeya: I know...and that makes no sense to me.
A stickler for rules breaking the rules. :scared:

I'm watching. Mr. Turner, the witness up right now, stated that after the gunshots, Reeves said something to the effect of "Throw popcorn at me". I was in the kitchen during this testimony, but I'm sure that's what he said.

Not good.

This police officer on the stand is VERY strong for the prosecution. I know this is a bond hearing, but if he testifies at the actual trial, Reeves is toast, IMO.

Judge allows the defense 30 days to review discovery material before it is released.
Judge says surveillance video that shows shooting can be viewed in open court and recorded off-screen by the media.

snip

Nicole Oulson appreciated Judge Pat Siracusa's decision to ask her feelings on whether the video from theater 10 should be released.

"He doesn't have to do that, but that he did makes it very sincere," she said.

snip

"I think her goal is for the public to see this and know the truth about the murder of her husband," said lawyer Stephen Leal, who is also representing Nicole Oulson.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...le-on-release-of-movie-theater-shooting-video

Has link to the hearing also.

I was thinking back over yesterday's testimony, and the off-duty LE officer said that the gun shot came three to five seconds after the popcorn throwing. I have no experience with guns, but considering Reeves was sitting down, and had to reach for his weapon, aim, and fire, it almost sounds like he could have been reaching for it just before the popcorn was thrown.

Just something I'm pondering.

I'm watching. Mr. Turner, the witness up right now, stated that after the gunshots, Reeves said something to the effect of "Throw popcorn at me". I was in the kitchen during this testimony, but I'm sure that's what he said.

Not good.

So Reeves knew it was just harmless popcorn and not something ominous.

I was listening to this story on the radio. The more I think about it. What the heck. Why not move your seat? Who cares that the guy was texting during the previews. The shooter also went to tell the movie theater workers that this guy was texting.

Really to me it looks like just another police officer retired or not throwing their power around, having a temper tantrum when it didn't work, then abusing his power and shooting.

Couldn't agree more. We continue to give on duty cops a license to commit murder and mayhem, why would it be a stretch that a former cop would have the same mentality?

I was thinking back over yesterday's testimony, and the off-duty LE officer said that the gun shot came three to five seconds after the popcorn throwing. I have no experience with guns, but considering Reeves was sitting down, and had to reach for his weapon, aim, and fire, it almost sounds like he could have been reaching for it just before the popcorn was thrown.

Just something I'm pondering.

Quoting my own post, because I missed where Reeve's daughter testified that he has very troublesome arthritis in his hands. Three to five seconds to find, aim, and fire, with arthritis, in a darkened theater. Really thinking that he pulled the gun before the popcorn was thrown, and that may be why Oulson's wife had her hand on her husband, protecting him, and got shot in the process. Again, my opinion :moo:

Hope the video shows what happened and when.

Brings to mind the phrase "Don't start fights with old people, they won't fight back; they'll just kill you." to mind.

Fact is BOTH of these men made a LOT of bad decisions, one is being made out to be a "saint" because he is dead. The texter could have gotten theater employees involved, he could have MOVED his seat, he could have STOPPED texting but instead he chose to KEEP screaming and then threw a bag of popcorn in the other man's face.

It doesn't justify him getting shot dead BUT he certainly had an active role in escalating the confrontation. They were BOTH rude and out of control, sheesh there were OTHER people there trying to watch the movie!

Oh right. The "I was trying to watch the movie defense". What is everyone thinking that shooting someone for texting and throwing popcorn at you is over the top?

Geez there are apologists for everything.

BBM.

Yes he was. He was an ex cop.

Bond hearing continuing today. Testimony re: surveillance video from inside the theater, and I read at CNN that they should be playing that video in court today.

In watching a small portion of the testimony today with one of the detectives it appears the defense is going for the scared old man defense and instead of being hit with popcorn they are saying he was hit with the victims phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back