FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Video from inside the movie theater is now posted on the abc station. It shows better on full screen and the incident takes place partially on the mid to lower right hand side

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...is-reeves-continues-in-movie-theater-shooting

How this defense can say it wasn't popcorn is beyond me, from the video it looks like the victim took the shooters own popcorn and threw it back into his face.

Does anybody see him reach for the gun? I've watched several times now and don't see him reach for the gun. It is more like he is sitting and holding it in his lap.

Mysteriew, he said it was in his pocket. He could have been sitting there with his hand in his pocket on the gun, so already in his hand.
The theater was relatively empty, why, oh why, didn't he just move his seat?

I was thinking back over yesterday's testimony, and the off-duty LE officer said that the gun shot came three to five seconds after the popcorn throwing. I have no experience with guns, but considering Reeves was sitting down, and had to reach for his weapon, aim, and fire, it almost sounds like he could have been reaching for it just before the popcorn was thrown.

Just something I'm pondering.

With all due respect, it hardly matters. Is he seriously going to argue he was standing his ground against popcorn throwing ????

With all due respect, it hardly matters. Is he seriously going to argue he was standing his ground against popcorn throwing ????

I think it does matter. He claims that he fired because something was thrown at him and he feared for his life. If, in fact, he was reaching for his gun (or had it in his lap) PRIOR to the popcorn being thrown, that shows that he is not being truthful.

:moo:

Does anybody see him reach for the gun? I've watched several times now and don't see him reach for the gun. It is more like he is sitting and holding it in his lap.

Under the popcorn bag, perhaps?

Under the popcorn bag, perhaps?

It looks to me like he already had the gun out. If it is in a holster how does he do all that so quick. Is that premeditation if he came back ready to shoot? This is so sad and crazy that a guy lost his life from reacting to someone harassing him over a cell phone.

Video from inside the movie theater is now posted on the abc station. It shows better on full screen and the incident takes place partially on the mid to lower right hand side

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...is-reeves-continues-in-movie-theater-shooting

How this defense can say it wasn't popcorn is beyond me, from the video it looks like the victim took the shooters own popcorn and threw it back into his face.

I have not been following this case as closely as I normally would (and will from now on), simply because I've been focused on the Dunn trial (I'm still processing that jury's decision :().

The immediate thing that stood out to me from this vid. is how quickly the incident happened from when Reeves got back to his seat (after complaining to the manager). It was maybe a minute or two til he shot Chad. And, he was so quick with pulling out his gun and shooting him. Jeez, it would be a video game except this really happened and Chad was killed :(

Uh oh.....!

Retired police captain who shot dead moviegoer in row over texting had been using HIS OWN phone moments before he opened fire

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-theater-shooting-texting.html#ixzz2vs6WVBz6
From this article, WOW!: His attorneys say Reeves acted in self-defense. Reeves told police that Oulson hit him in the face, possibly with a cellphone. Other witnesses, including Reeves' wife, say they never saw Oulson strike Reeves.

Unbelievable! Watching JVM on HLN and I'm just shocked by the details. They're speculating misplaced anger, really being angry at his grown son for being late to the movie, thus texting him, and also being angry at management after complaining about the other guy texting and having nothing happen. I understood he wasn't able to find a manager, but whatever. The video is hard to watch but the hardest part? It didn't look like a brawl, a big blow-out, etc. and a young father is dead. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From this article, WOW!: His attorneys say Reeves acted in self-defense. Reeves told police that Oulson hit him in the face, possibly with a cellphone. Other witnesses, including Reeves' wife, say they never saw Oulson strike Reeves.

Just checking in to see if anything new has come about. The video of the incident shows something, popcorn or soda (looked like popcorn to me) flying, nothing harder than that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back