GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am NOT defending these pieces of garbage, but if the baby had an overwhelming infection (sepsis), he could have developed a condition called disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC). DIC can cause spontaneous bleeding.

"DIC is most commonly observed in severe sepsis and septic shock. Indeed, the development and severity of DIC correlate with mortality in severe sepsis.[2, 9] Although bacteremia, including both gram-positive and gram-negative organisms, is most commonly associated with DIC, other organisms (eg, viruses, fungi, and parasites) may also cause DIC." (source)

You are quite right. DIC is a sign of OVERWHELMING infection, and very difficult to treat, with a high mortality rate ( 50-75% ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Searching back in KW's FB posts, she was railing against the pediatrician she took Duane to, saying she told them his symptoms were "normal". But also said she did not blame the dr for Duane's death. Weird.

I am taking that with a grain of junkie salt, but it is something to note, that perhaps they actually DID take Duane to the dr for help....

Kind of confused that KW wrote an open letter to the editor of the North Port Sun on her FB page, stating, "My sons loss has nothing to do with anyone or anything. It was most likely SIDS." and "He passed in his sleep, this we know. We all awoke and he was gone. He was asleep in our room with us." It truly doesn't add up to the reports obtained by WINK news that Duane was "nose was bleeding and body was turning blue".

So which was it? A peaceful scene where they awoke to a dead baby? Or as reported did the EMT's enter the house to find a baby bleeding from the nose and turning blue?

The police chief says it was a minor crash and the vehicle hit a guardrail.
The police chief also says he was contacted by the FBI even before hearing about this incident, saying the FBI was asking for information on any recent fatal accidents involving a child in the area

http://www.winknews.com/2015/10/14/new-details-emerge-of-missing-babys-parents-arrest/

This is very telling!

That would make sense, actually. Grandmother reported to Sarasota police after hearing conflicting stories from the perps about the crash - "Chance OK", "Chance died in the crash", "gave Chance to a woman at a hotel". Sarasota probably called FBI who in turn called South Carolina (where the perps told family crash happened). There would be no reason for the police chief to have been told of a minor accident without injuries or fatalities.

Lucky thing the perps called their parents asking for money after the crash or we probably still wouldn't even know Chance was missing.

You are quite right. DIC is a sign of OVERWHELMING infection, and very difficult to treat, with a high mortality rate ( 50-75% ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, but DIC is overwhelmingly apparent at autopsy. No way would a pathologist miss that if it were present. I'm not a pathologist but I work at a morgue and have seen hundreds of autopsies and transcribed hundreds more autopsy reports. In DIC we find microthrombi in the kidneys, lung, brain, spleen, liver, etc. You simply can't miss it.

On another note, why haven't any of the grandparents come to SC to visit one or both the perps to get some answers out of them? Are they not allowed visitors? I'd be at that jailhouse shaking the answers out of my daughter until I got a straight answer as to where my grandson is.

Has anyone found any info as to when they might be returned to FL? I'm in SC, and it would not be unusual for it to take a while. Papers get lost, Judge can't be reached, whatever it takes... throw them in a cell to detox, slide some food under the door, and wait. We don't get in a hurry here :)

Has anyone found any info as to when they might be returned to FL? I'm in SC, and it would not be unusual for it to take a while. Papers get lost, Judge can't be reached, whatever it takes... throw them in a cell to detox, slide some food under the door, and wait. We don't get in a hurry here :)

The link provided by Eileen730 said they could be returned to Sarasota as late as November.

Kind of confused that KW wrote an open letter to the editor of the North Port Sun on her FB page, stating, "My sons loss has nothing to do with anyone or anything. It was most likely SIDS." and "He passed in his sleep, this we know. We all awoke and he was gone. He was asleep in our room with us." It truly doesn't add up to the reports obtained by WINK news that Duane was "nose was bleeding and body was turning blue".

So which was it? A peaceful scene where they awoke to a dead baby? Or as reported did the EMT's enter the house to find a baby bleeding from the nose and turning blue?

Infant Death certs are not avail in FL even under sunshine laws, as I happen to know because I am heavily involved in SIDS lobbying in Florida. My daughter died of SIDS 3 years ago. I looked at the stats reporting for Sarasota County's Medical Examiner, there was ONLY one SIDS case of a white male infant in the 12th Medical Examiner's district. I doubt very highly it was Duane as the ME reported the case to be related to a Kidney Infection. There was a change in 2012 to Infant death investigations in Florida and I testified in the State Senate regarding the new statutes. It involved regulating the investigation and reporting of all infant death. There would have been a required autopsy performed within 24 hours. If there was ANY finding at all it WOULD NOT be recorded as a SIDS death.

If it was Kidney Infection as the ME states, the COD would be Kidney Failure or some more technical term for it more than likely, and the MOD would be natural unless the cause of the infection was due to abuse or neglect as a. If there are extenuating circumstances that were not caught at the time of autopsy that is a failure of the ME. However if there is any possible cause found at all, it will not be recorded as "Possible SIDS" or anything like that. In fact in July 2012 they moved to use SUID (sudden unexplained infant death) as the term in FL per CDC guidelines. so SIDS is has fallen away. http://www.floridahealth.gov/progra...lth/sudden-unexpected-infant-death/index.html

It sickens me that this would even attempt to explain this away as SIDS.

They're still sitting in Jasper County jail. I just checked.

I'm sorry but I don't see how a parent doesn't seek medical attention for a child that has an infection bad enough to kill. They neglected that child. There's no doubt in my mind. Neglected baby Duane, leading to his death. And I'm sure they killed baby Chance as well.

I agree. The hospital told us to keep serious watch on baby's body temperature when we left the hospital because they cannot regulate temp and any spike is a sign that there is a problem. My son was 4 weeks old and got a fever after we had him out in public and without hesitation I called Children's Hospital at 4am and then took him in. They had to take urine samples (to check kidney function), and had to put a blood port into his scalp to draw blood and leave there in case IV's had to be given. I was petrified for him. HOW did they not seek medical treatment for their baby?!

I agree. The hospital told us to keep serious watch on baby's body temperature when we left the hospital because they cannot regulate temp and any spike is a sign that there is a problem. My son was 4 weeks old and got a fever after we had him out in public and without hesitation I called Children's Hospital at 4am and then took him in. They had to take urine samples (to check kidney function), and had to put a blood port into his scalp to draw blood and leave there in case IV's had to be given. I was petrified for him. HOW did they not seek medical treatment for their baby?!

Didn't they let anyone see the baby? Family? Friends?
I would think if family saw a sick baby they would call a Dr.
IMO that baby had to be sick longer than 7 days to die don't u?
He was only 2 weeks old.

My mother was always over some days never left let me get some sleep.

I have a hard time understanding ALL of this.

We have 2 dead babies as I see it.
JMO JMO JMO

Ugg, this sucks. I get that the landlord just wants this over but I really hope they're done looking through the place. It is a crime scene, IMO.

My guess is the landlord is totally disgusted by all this and wants to clean the place up.
They will not be returning and as I have learned someone lives in the front part of the house and they lived in the back. when I have a moment ill take a drive by.

Didn't they let anyone see the baby? Family? Friends?
I would think if family saw a sick baby they would call a Dr.
IMO that baby had to be sick longer than 7 days to die don't u?
He was only 2 weeks old.

My mother was always over some days never left let me get some sleep.

I have a hard time understanding ALL of this.

We have 2 dead babies as I see it.
JMO JMO JMO
You said what I was thinking. I don't mean to blame anybody for poor Duane, but I find it odd that the grandparents didn't notice him being sick, or maybe they didn't visit.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

You said what I was thinking. I don't mean to blame anybody for poor Duane, but I find it odd that the grandparents didn't notice him being sick, or maybe they didn't visit.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I found an old story about the death of Duane:

"Police were called to a home in the 3600 block of Lullaby Road in North Port Friday afternoon, where they say the child died.

According to a North Port Police Department report, the parents told authorities that the child, Duane Walsh, had not been feeling well that morning and threw up the formula he was given around 8 a.m. The parents then said all three went to sleep in the parent's bed and awoke to find that Duane was not breathing."

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/loca...cle_9b80c38a-be65-11e3-87f4-0017a43b2370.html

I found an old story about the death of Duane:

"Police were called to a home in the 3600 block of Lullaby Road in North Port Friday afternoon, where they say the child died.

According to a North Port Police Department report, the parents told authorities that the child, Duane Walsh, had not been feeling well that morning and threw up the formula he was given around 8 a.m. The parents then said all three went to sleep in the parent's bed and awoke to find that Duane was not breathing."

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/loca...cle_9b80c38a-be65-11e3-87f4-0017a43b2370.html

Never Ever let a baby sleep in your bed!

Did they roll over on him and he suffocated?
Along with the deadly bacterial Infection attacking his 2 week old body!

Ugh!

Never Ever let a baby sleep in your bed!

Did they roll over on him and he suffocated?
Along with the deadly bacterial Infection attacking his 2 week old body!

Ugh!

Cosleeping IS safe! But, there's precautions to take. One of them being you need to be of sound mind- not intoxicated or medicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298