GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents then said all three went to sleep in the parent's bed and awoke to find that Duane was not breathing."

Good find! So, likely Duane was unwell to start with (withdrawal) + stoned parents + all in one bed? Has "recipe for disaster" written all over it!

Cosleeping IS safe! But, there's precautions to take. One of them being you need to be of sound mind- not intoxicated or medicated.

I don't see how putting a baby in a bed with two adults is ever a good idea. Especially if the bed is soft and has blankets and whatnot.

Co-sleeping by using a bassinet or crib in the same room = safe.
Bed sharing = not safe.

One can't be 100% "of sound mind" if they are asleep.

Would a ME be able to tell that a child was suffocated rather than dying of a kidney infection? And if so, wouldn't the ME say the cause of death was respiratory failure?

Would a ME be able to tell that a child was suffocated rather than dying of a kidney infection? And if so, wouldn't the ME say the cause of death was respiratory failure?

If a child died from suffocation, I'm sure there must be signs. And if it was due to being in a bed with adults, I think it would be ruled accidental. I don't think that was the case with baby Duane. I believe the kidney infection story sounds true. Sad, but true.

For baby Chance....who knows what happened. I hope some day the truth comes out though.

SIDS doesn't cause blood splatters, imo

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Infant Death certs are not avail in FL even under sunshine laws, as I happen to know because I am heavily involved in SIDS lobbying in Florida. My daughter died of SIDS 3 years ago. I looked at the stats reporting for Sarasota County's Medical Examiner, there was ONLY one SIDS case of a white male infant in the 12th Medical Examiner's district. I doubt very highly it was Duane as the ME reported the case to be related to a Kidney Infection. There was a change in 2012 to Infant death investigations in Florida and I testified in the State Senate regarding the new statutes. It involved regulating the investigation and reporting of all infant death. There would have been a required autopsy performed within 24 hours. If there was ANY finding at all it WOULD NOT be recorded as a SIDS death.

If it was Kidney Infection as the ME states, the COD would be Kidney Failure or some more technical term for it more than likely, and the MOD would be natural unless the cause of the infection was due to abuse or neglect as a. If there are extenuating circumstances that were not caught at the time of autopsy that is a failure of the ME. However if there is any possible cause found at all, it will not be recorded as "Possible SIDS" or anything like that. In fact in July 2012 they moved to use SUID (sudden unexplained infant death) as the term in FL per CDC guidelines. so SIDS is has fallen away. http://www.floridahealth.gov/progra...lth/sudden-unexpected-infant-death/index.html

It sickens me that this would even attempt to explain this away as SIDS.
I am so sorry for your loss. [emoji25]

Cosleeping IS safe! But, there's precautions to take. One of them being you need to be of sound mind- not intoxicated or medicated.

And not an overtired Mom of a 2 week old, I'm sorry I don't think babies should be in bed with us all it takes is once. You wake up and your life is ruined forever. Can U imagine?

If a child died from suffocation, I'm sure there must be signs. And if it was due to being in a bed with adults, I think it would be ruled accidental. I don't think that was the case with baby Duane. I believe the kidney infection story sounds true. Sad, but true.

For baby Chance....who knows what happened. I hope some day the truth comes out though.

I only said sids because that's what the MOM said at one time.
She has many stories.

SIDS doesn't cause blood splatters, imo

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

The Blood Spray could be from IV drug use and that's what they found with Chance.
I'm sure a cadaver dog was used in that house.

The sids was mentioned in duanes case.

I thought that the mom explained what Duane died from on FB. I suppose at one point she could of thought SIDS from the beginning, but I probably would think the same at first.. People should do their own research about SIDS because everyone has their own opinion.

I can say I put my babies in bed with me. I held them in my arms on one side, blankets down to my waist. Not under any influence. And aware that my baby was in my arms. I did this with both of my children. I also had the bassinet next to me. Mostly I would hold my daughter in the early morning hours after she ate. Oh how I miss the baby stage, so soft and warm.

I love the name Chance. Did Chance ever go to the doctors after her was born? I think I read she took him in. Maybe the question should be if Mom every went in for her check up. At those appointments the doctor usually gets a feel for how the mom is doing.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/10/15/...ne-in-north-port-miles-from-baby-chance-home/
Ran across this when reading about Seivers suspect being returned to Florida. Might bear watching today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

This is from google maps. The article is right about there being no homes in the area. It's empty.

cbk

Map
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Wy...2!3m1!1s0x88dca8d12c82a97f:0x4c9b82eb16a82f23

Satellite view:
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Wy...2!3m1!1s0x88dca8d12c82a97f:0x4c9b82eb16a82f23

It does read like they found something.....or someone :(

http://www.winknews.com/2015/10/15/...ne-in-north-port-miles-from-baby-chance-home/
Ran across this when reading about Seivers suspect being returned to Florida. Might bear watching today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Looking at google earth of the area kind of gives me the creeps. It looks like a housing development that was never built. There is some trash here and there discarded and it makes me feel sick to think baby Chance might be out there among it. :(

It does like they found something.....or someone :(

The reporter (sorry, have to say it "this is Sam Smink for WINK") did say there were 4 forensics vans going down that road. So yes, they certainly did seem to find something, or someone.

The reporter (sorry, have to say it "this is Sam Smink for WINK") did say there were 4 forensics vans going down that road. So yes, they certainly did seem to find something, or someone.

This breaks my heart, as I know it does all of yours. :( Praying for answers, justice and baby Chance...

According to WINK news, Sarasota County Public Information officer is on scene. They may be waiting for news crews from all the way from Tampa to Ft. Myers to arrive on scene before they release any new information. It's about 2 hours in traffic down to NP from Tampa.
Update: Sarasota Herald Tribune reporter says "there is no big news to report" according to SC information officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298